What do you think about iOS 7?

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by DavidBlack, Sep 18, 2013.

?

What do you think about iOS 7?

1. I love it

54.3%
  2. Could have be better...

24.8%
  3. I don't like it...

13.6%
  4. I hate it (Accidentally just pressed the update button)

3.9%
  5. Could have had more features...

3.5%
  1. DavidBlack macrumors 6502a

DavidBlack

For all you non - developers what do you think? about iOS 7?

2. iFalcon macrumors regular

Have you considered checking one of the others threads already opened on this exact topic?

3. DavidBlack thread starter macrumors 6502a

DavidBlack

Sorry about that, I just wanted feedback from the consumers perspective.

4. panzer06 macrumors 68030

panzer06

I find the text to be too thin and harder to read on the iPad mini. I had to increase the font size and activate BOLD in the accessibility settings.

Haven't explored the features as much but definitely think it is visually more difficult to read on my Mini. I don't know how it would be on an iPhone.

Cheers,

5. FHIZ macrumors newbie

Allow me to set my background to the exact size I want not not force a large zoom on it, and we're golden.

6. Macalway macrumors 68000

Oh wow thanks! That works wonders.

You shouldn't have to do that though. As a matter of fact, in practice there isn't any accessibility support for this, as it just makes it normal :D

Go figure

7. iapplelove macrumors 68040

iapplelove

whats confusing is the feature worked fine in the earliest betas

8. batting1000 macrumors 604

Yeah, but there are a plethora of other threads where the OP is thinking the same as you. Just join in on another thread. This forum is cluttered and a disaster as it is.

9. MacAlien macrumors 6502

MacAlien

Overall it's fine. EXCEPT Messages. It's so awkward looking like something from Sesame Streets gone wrong.

10. Eckscaliber macrumors 6502a

Eckscaliber

11. triptolemus macrumors 6502

triptolemus

A fresher perspective would be the love/hate comparison between iPhone and iPad users.

12. meagan.kovell macrumors newbie

I like IOS7. Except for the icons looking a little too cartoon-like, I have no other complaints thus far.

13. panzer06 macrumors 68030

panzer06

Well it's good to see I'm not the only one. The extreme whiteness, especially in mail and the thin text make reading on a mini challenging. It took less than 5 minutes of use to find and activate BOLD. And you're right such workarounds really shouldn't be necessary.

Cheers,

14. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

I like it a lot...My only gripe is the brightness in apps like mail, but I've changed the brightness and turned up the contrast...this helps in calendar as well. The new camera layout and the way photostream is now more organised are excellent.

15. ChristianJapan macrumors 601

ChristianJapan

Still mentally adopting to the new design. Functionality wise I'm happy with what I saw until now. Use it on iPod touch and iPad 4.

16. TommyA6 macrumors 65816

I love all of it. The new design is great and new features put it light years ahead of iOS 6 (iPhone 5).

PS

I think iOS 7 works best with a retina display (I love the new thin font, but it could be harder to read on a non retina display like some people here are saying)

17. Teste macrumors 6502

On an iPad 3: didn't like it, went back to iOS 6.

Keyboard responsiveness was better than expected. No lag in all but one application.

However, many key apps became slower, such as Pages (iWorks desperately needs an update; that's where the keyboard was lagging, too) and Safari (wasn't snappier this time). GoodReader not only became slower, it was crashing as well.

I'm also not fond of the new design. Too much white. I honestly prefer the old Notes.

18. panzer06 macrumors 68030

panzer06

Perhaps that's a differentiator. On the iPad mini the the thin text on so much white is very hard to read. For now BOLD option will have to do.

After 4 days I still like the look of iOS 6 but some of the underlying functions of 7 are pretty nice. 7 is definitely an acquired taste for many.

Cheers,

19. Ellethor macrumors newbie

20. myrtlebee macrumors 68000

myrtlebee

Could have been better, as with most things in life. However, that is being picky since it was more of a major leap than any other iOS upgrade. The end-to-end redesign is appreciated. I'm sure iOS 8 will iron out all of the little imperfections that would make me firmly vote "I love it."

21. RenoG macrumors 65816

Aside from from some of the home screen icon designs, no complaints here overal I love it...Waaaay better than ios6. Between my new leather case and IOS7 I basically got a new phone hence squashing all desire for the S. they made waiting for the 6 sooo easy.

22. Max(IT) Suspended

Max(IT)

Could be better, and I really hope it will be, but I love it.
    Fresh air in.

23. dotme macrumors 6502a

I like it too. I was in the "Wish iPhone had a 4.3" screen" camp, but iOS 7 actually makes me feel like the screen got a little bigger. Smart move. Overall I think iOS 7 is bright, breezy and cheerful.

Wish the animation was a tad quicker, that the dock was a little more see-thru, but those are just matters of personal taste. I also love the new ringtones.

24. olindacat, Sep 23, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2013

olindacat macrumors member

olindacat

hate it

It's no longer an iPhone. It's something from Bill Gates or the people at Android. Now my email staggers when I try to scroll through messages. The type is hard to read (and I don't want to customize it). I have stuck with the iPhone despite the fact that I think its screen is too small but honestly there is little separating this hunk of metal from the others, except that it is often smaller than others. The 'it's all good' Kool-aid drinking crowd here love everything Apple does, and I was one of them for years. But, you can't replace a visionary with a supply chain efficiency expert, and expect visionary products to follow. I no longer own an iPhone. I own a Windows product in disguise. I know that because it works, looks, and just interacts with the same awkward, goofy, prissy ineptitude that the last six iterations of Windows has: only at least with Microsoft, their obsolescence is planned.