What do you think about this Louis Vuitton iPad case?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by gamecube117, Mar 11, 2012.

1. whtrbt7 macrumors 6502a

2. gamecube117 thread starter macrumors 6502

3. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

If you're so insecure that you have to purchase an overpriced, logo laden item for your ipad, it's your money to waste.
    As for me, I prefer a combination of looks and functionality.

4. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

5. gamecube117 thread starter macrumors 6502

The iPad case does look nice though, you have to admit. I would recommend the iPad case to anyone who uses the sticker protection instead of the cases for their iPad, so then they can just slide it out of the LV Case and use it.

6. Emoo macrumors regular

Seems nice enough for a slip case. Mostly, I don't like to advertise OH HEY I HAVE AN EXPENSIVE THING COVERED BY ANOTHER EXPENSIVE THING all over the place. Also, the LV logo and any other logo patterned bags just seem sort of pretentious to me. /shrug Whatever floats your boat, I guess.

7. gamecube117 thread starter macrumors 6502

I agree with what everyone is saying, but... If you take a look at it, it really does look luxurious and well crafted

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryRc1BxdbIQ

----------

But the only bad thing about buying a LV iPad case that costs more (if not, half) than your iPad is that the iPad consistently is updated every year...

8. eastercat, Mar 11, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2012

eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

Personally, I think it looks like a logo laden turd, but beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

ETA: Also, I got over the logo nonsense in my 20s. IMO, slapping a logo all over something makes it look cheap and tacky.

9. DS3 macrumors 6502a

See, now THATS what I mean when I hear "luxury item".

And to top it off, its ugly. Hmm.

10. Emoo macrumors regular

If you want style, check THIS out:

:p Homemade and most importantly, about six bucks for materials. XD

Attached Files:

11. gamecube117 thread starter macrumors 6502

[​IMG]

12. Emoo macrumors regular

I'll have that gif off you, I think. Best reaction gif I've seen. :D

13. donnaw macrumors 65816

I agree, I hate logos. As for both cases, personally I wouldn't have either if someone gave them to me. There are far too many really classy cases/sleeves out there without resorting to these.

14. IbisDoc macrumors 6502

Uhhh....if anyone has seen a classic Louis Vuitton purse, it has the exact same logos on it. For someone who likes the classic Louis Vuitton style, it would be a nice case for her iPad.

This probably probably wasn't the right place for the OP to have posed the question.

15. iTouch macrumors 6502

I'm a fan of LV but I don't buy any of their Monogram items. I like their simpler stuff. Not a fan of a sleeve because of my laziness. But if it he likes it then that's fine.

16. lulla01 macrumors 68020

lulla01

17. maclook macrumors 65816

18. gamecube117 thread starter macrumors 6502

Agreed. My assumption about MacRumors is that they only care about Apple products/technology and kind of don't know anything about fashion/"trend", and this thread kind of confirmed it. :eek:

19. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

Imagine they put a 16GB wifi iPad in that case... :eek:

20. nfl46 macrumors 603

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

I don't like it.

The price doesn't so much bother me because even if I wouldn't have seen the price, I still wouldn't have been a fan of it.

21. noisycats macrumors 6502a

noisycats

If LV is a trend, then this is the 90s.
    ;)

22. master-ceo macrumors 65816

master-ceo

Believe it or not pics of those same cases been floating around here since 2010. When will the LV, Gucci Gucci Brand evolve? Its kinda old and played if you ask me.

23. Clix Pix macrumors demi-goddess

Clix Pix

8 miles from the Apple Store at Tysons (VA)

Nope, nor am I into Gucci Pucci....

Me, I'm real happy with my SF Bags/Waterfield Designs Muzetto bag for my iPad or the very nice, simple RadTech suede sleeve that I use when carrying the iPad in one of my large purses or bags. I also from time to time use the not particularly elegant but certainly functional enough InCase zippered sleeve, too. It's more protective when I'm carrying the iPad in my camera bag.

I'm not big on logo-splattered items, so I make it a point to not purchase such things. If I don't like a particular item, regardless of how much it costs or how trendy it might seemingly be, I'm not going to waste money on it.