What do you want for Christmas?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by ThatiPhoneKid, Dec 21, 2018.

1. ThatiPhoneKid macrumors 6502a

Christmas is nearly here and I am super excited, and interested to know what do you guys want for Christmas?

2. Apple fanboy macrumors Penryn

Apple fanboy

December 26th to come.

3. AngerDanger macrumors 68040

AngerDanger

4. Mousse, Dec 21, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2018

Mousse macrumors 68000

Mousse

All I want for Chrithpmath
    Ith my two front teeth
    My two front teeth
    Jutht my two front teeth
    Gee, if I could only have
    My two front teeth
    Then I could withh you Merry Chrithpmath:D

5. Clix Pix macrumors demi-goddess

Clix Pix

8 miles from the Apple Store at Tysons (VA)
    What do I want? For friends who are ill to become well again; for friends who have lost a loved one during this past year, especially recently, to feel comfort and solace with their loved one now being at peace even as they struggle with their new reality; for friends who have lost jobs to quickly find a new and better source and place of employment; for friends who work for the US federal government who may be affected by the looming, threatened potential shutdown to be able to manage personal and financial issues that might arise due to this if in fact the event does occur......

Oh, and for everyone to just have a nice December 25th, whether or not it is a special holiday for them.

6. Zenithal macrumors 603

7. ThatiPhoneKid thread starter macrumors 6502a

This is what I want as well

8. maflynn, Dec 22, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2018

maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I don't want anything, rather I enjoy the holiday as intended in a traditional Christian way. I don't want to derail this thread since its not in the PRSI, but myself and my family embrace that holiday in that way.

I'm not looking to get gifts, I bought my wife and children gifts, and I'm looking forward to spending time with them and I guess if there's any gift I look forward too, its seeing their faces light up as they open the presents. That's what I enjoy the most. I remember my daughter after opening one of her gifts hugging me with tears in her eyes. Nothing manmade can compare to the feeling and joy from that moment.

Don't take what I said the wrong way, I'm a normal human being (well normal is questionable), and I don't wait for Christmas if I need or want something. I've "gifted" myself plenty of things in 2018 ;). For me though Christmas has another focus; the joy of others in my family and of course the religious significance of the day.

9. Huntn macrumors P6

Huntn

We buy what we need and want throughout the year, so there is nothing I want for Christmas. We too celebrate Christmas as a tradition. For friends and family we do give, I’d say we give way too much, but if I am to receive it would be a gift card for a restaurant or some place like Best Buy.

10. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

Every year I get older the more I feel the hassle of the holidays. When I was younger I loved Christmas, waking up and being surprised by what was under the tree. Now when I ask for things it feels like I'm begging for something and the suspense isn't there. I don't want to ask for things just for the sake of asking for something. Now I just buy the things I want. Maybe it's the feeling like Christmas lasts for 6 weeks now and the burn out sets in early. Sure I love the decorations and the spirit of the holiday but it just feels more like a chore now. Much like every other holiday.

11. OLDGUYWITHAHIFI Suspended

OLDGUYWITHAHIFI

Peace on earth and good will towards the human race. I'd also like discrimination and racism to be eradicated, and for religion to fade away. Basically all the things that have caused war, suffering, and judgment since the beginning of time.

12. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

My parents restored to me in healthy in mind and limb.

And then, the political and socio-economic stuff.

Such as: Peace, progress, fairness, decency, accountability, intelligence and compassion in political judgment,along with respect for human (including gender) and civil rights and just some degree of environmental awareness.

But, while I am a political analyst by profession, for now, these days, it matters little to me.

13. Gutwrench Contributor

Gutwrench

Gosh, I really don’t have any wants or needs. All year long I buy odds and ends - never anything extravagant. I’m quite content.

14. kazmac macrumors 604

kazmac

For my mom to finally get some relief healthwise, and for my family to be happy, healthy, and wealthy.

And for any food I eat to please avoid nearly killing me going forward.

I have everything I need and a lot of what I want. Just grateful Mom and I are still here after an utterly brutal year.

Finally, I wish good things for everyone here. The kindness, help, and support I’ve received from these boards continues to be amazing.

Happy holidays everyone. :)

15. chown33 macrumors 604

I'm still hoping for a Pez dispenser, with some Pez.

I was promised one last year around this time, but it never arrived.

16. Gutwrench Contributor

Gutwrench

Lol!

17. scrapesleon macrumors 6502a

scrapesleon

18. Gutwrench Contributor

Gutwrench

Believe baby. Keep believing.

19. SandboxGeneral Moderator emeritus

SandboxGeneral

20. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

A crate of white wines from Burgundy.

Which I treated myself to, and which arrived today.

21. LizKat macrumors 601

LizKat

No snow! I want no snow for Christmas. We have a dusting right now and that's enough. My snow plowing guy is down in one of the Carolinas somewhere until Dec 26th, so for me here it's either no snow or I get to try to blast my way out of the crunchy stuff at the end of the driveway Tuesday for my trip to a bro's house for dinner and general merriment.

Past that I wish for everyone to have a safe and peaceful time with family, friends or at least a good selection of chow and some favorite entertainment on tap.

22. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I want snow, lots and lots of it, though I don't think we'll get it for Christmas.

23. metalsiren macrumors regular

metalsiren

For my kids and family to be happy. Ohh and for my USA government to work together

24. Gutwrench Contributor

Gutwrench

I second that.
    --- Post Merged, Dec 24, 2018 ---
    More people like this.