Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

What Features Do You Want Most In The iPhone 7 Plus?

• Waterproofness

Votes: 62 33.3%
  • More Battery Life

Votes: 83 44.6%
  • Second Speaker

Votes: 26 14.0%
  • Thinner and Lighter

Votes: 28 15.1%
  • Less Slippery Backplate

Votes: 26 14.0%
  • Flush Camera

Votes: 44 23.7%
  • No More Antenna Lines

Votes: 36 19.4%
  • Other

Votes: 27 14.5%
  • Less Bezels

Votes: 83 44.6%

• Total voters

blairh

macrumors 603
Original poster
Dec 11, 2007
I know a lot of current iPhone 6/6S users are unhappy with their battery life and want to see this increase with the iPhone 7.

However as an iPhone 6 Plus user, I'm very happy with my battery life and would rather see features like waterproofness, a less slippery backplate, a second speaker, and a thinner device.

I'm curious what current iPhone 6 Plus/6S Plus users would like to see most with the iPhone 7 Plus.

RiddlaBronc

macrumors 6502a
Oct 14, 2013
Mcallen Tx
I am so ready for the 7 plus already. Bettery life is a nice welcome from the current plus battery life.

Hardware side:
Improved speaker/speakers
Improved low light and zoomed in photos (they look like paintings currently)
Decreased bezel size
Dedicated front flash with improved camera
Improved A10

Other things come from the software.

For example, letting touch id any stock app such as photos, music, notes, etc. heck why not third party apps and such

Multi-screen
Allowing third party siri competitors to run as stock app (wont happen)
True widgets

hovscorpion12

macrumors 68030
Sep 12, 2011
USA
The iPhone 6S is perfect as is. The only improvements would be the removal of the antenna lines, flush camera, 3GB of RAM, Apple Pencil support and split view.

Flow39

macrumors 68000
Sep 7, 2014
The Apple Store
I'd like it if the bezels were reduced, but I wouldn't mind a larger battery/more battery life. One of the main things I'd like is a larger display with those shrunken bezels. Make it 5.7" in a smaller overall package by shrinking the bezels and I'd be all over it.

Rideherhard

macrumors 6502
Aug 2, 2010
How can apple reduce the bezel ? They'd have to remove the home button. Honestly phones are getting topped out now, better battery and lighter are the only things I can think of, iPhones are pretty awesome. The biggest thing would be to evolve iOS, that's more of the next step for iPads/iPhones at this point.

Flow39

macrumors 68000
Sep 7, 2014
The Apple Store
I'm honestly surprised that no one has mentioned the headphone jack yet! I was initially upset with that piece of news, but I have slowly become more accepting of the idea. I still hope they keep it on the 7 though, I use it all the time!

The Doctor11

macrumors 603
Dec 15, 2013
New York
I really want it to be waterproof because I'm pretty much always at a pool or in a water park. Also I'm hoping to see the headphone jack be a thing of the past.
[doublepost=1457416513][/doublepost]
letting touch id any stock app such as notes
You'll be able to lock individual notes in iOS 9.3 :).

aces99

macrumors 6502
Apr 18, 2014
Canada
Thicker and less slipper phone.
Way better battery that lasts twice as long.
Smaller form factor phone with 4.2-4.3" screen.
True full HD display.
Waterproof.

greeley

macrumors regular
Apr 21, 2015
Smaller Bezel/form size, Pencil support, reliable apps/multipli tasking apps next to each other

If the phone isn't smaller I'm going to the 7 instead

Reactions: Darrensk8

Darrensk8

macrumors 6502
Apr 22, 2010
Smaller form factor....after a year with the 6 plus I went to a 6s.

I really enjoyed the plus screen size, resolution and the ois in the camera was amazing, especially for video but it's a huge phone.

For me it really needs to lose some bulk and bezels before I could look at giving it another try.

ValO

macrumors 68000
Sep 16, 2012
I want less bezels and chins to reduce footprint/size.
A higher res display with improved blacks and contrast.(2208x1242?)
A better camera.

But most of all I would like the screen to be a little bit smaller also, say 5.2 inch. Together with the reduced bezels and chins, and the slightly smaller display, this would reduce physical size considerably.
With the introduction of the iPhone pro, they should be able to do that.

iPhone 7: 4,7-4,8 inch
iPhone 7+: 5,1-5,2 inch
iPhone 7 pro: 5,5-5,8 inch.

Last edited:

bushido

Suspended
Mar 26, 2008
Germany
waterproof WITH the ability to use the touchscreen with wet fingers now THAT would be an improvement over the competition and something we are used to know apple by. also less bezel

Reactions: BigHonkingDeal

bigjnyc

macrumors 604
Apr 10, 2008
I might be in the minority here, but I'm actually happy with the battery life on the 6S plus, I get through a whole day and still have about 25-30% left when I go to bed at night around 11 or so. And that includes having bluetooth on all day for the apple watch and my jaybird X2 headphones. I also watch movies on my commute both ways.

If I had to pick one thing for the iPhone 7 plus it would be reduced bezels in order to reduce the overall footprint of the phone while keeping the same screen size.... But as others have pointed out this will be challenging as Apple has hitched their wagon to touch id for the next few years at least, unless they figure out a way to make the sensor much smaller and still function the same.... I don't see that happening in the next few iterations though.

Reactions: lordofthereef

Applefan4

macrumors 6502a
May 6, 2013
Better battery, the 6S+ battery is decent but nowhere near what I would consider great. If I play hearthstone all night at work for example - sometimes I have to turn on power saving mode by the end

nj-morris

macrumors 68000
Nov 30, 2014
UK
Thoughts from an Android user

iPhone:
AMOLED
Quick Charge
Force Touch home button
Touch ID in screen
Less bezel, helped by the 2 above
Better camera
USB-C
Play button

iOS:
System-wide theming
Better notification management
Camera manual controls
Custom control centre
Dark mode

These things could persuade me to come to team iPhone, especially if they cut the price. I like Android, but there's some things that are very unappealing with this phone, primarily updates. We'll see come September.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.