Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

What Features Do You Want Most In The iPhone 7 Plus?

• Waterproofness

Votes: 62 33.3%
  • More Battery Life

Votes: 83 44.6%
  • Second Speaker

Votes: 26 14.0%
  • Thinner and Lighter

Votes: 28 15.1%
  • Less Slippery Backplate

Votes: 26 14.0%
  • Flush Camera

Votes: 44 23.7%
  • No More Antenna Lines

Votes: 36 19.4%
  • Other

Votes: 27 14.5%
  • Less Bezels

Votes: 83 44.6%

• Total voters

jmgregory1

macrumors 68030
I want Apple to include something no one thought of. That is usually the best kind of new product, not just iterations where battery life improves (a no-duh improve,met) or aesthetic changes such as no or reduced antenna lines or flush camera lense. Same thing goes for screen improvements. Maybe OLED will be an improvement, but not if it negatively effects battery life or the UX of iOS, thank you very much.

These things are all expected and things Apple no doubt is working to improve all the time.

Imagine how everyone would feel if all we got were minor improvements to existing tech? That's boring. And although there is no lack of armchair quarterbacking going on in these forums with people who think they know best what we all want / need, my experience in designing and selling products is that the customer generally only wants what they already know and live with.

Just look at the vitriol tossed out regarding the 3.5mm headphone jack as a perfect example, or how people complain about Bluetooth sound quality, when they haven't heard or used any of the recent crop of great sounding BT headphones on the market.

I love it when Apple makes drastic shifts with products and forces change upon the masses, because it's only then that we move forward in meaningful ways.

TommyA6

macrumors 65816
May 15, 2013
-Reduced bezels on front, meaning a slightly smaller device
-Significantly improved camera (bigger sensor, wider aperture, same 12 mpx). Don't care whether it sticks out a bit
-A10, at least 30-40% faster than A9 (3 or 4 gb of RAM would be nice as well)
-Native screen resolution (2208x1242)
-A slight redesign of the back of the phone and/or a darker shade of gray

Reactions: Vanilla35

lagwagon

Suspended
Oct 12, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Just posting a concept which took me 5 minutes to make. 5.8-inch screen in the body of the 6 Plus. Different design, but I couldn't be bothered to change it. Pressing the Apple logo could replicate the feel that the home button has, sort of like the Force Touch trackpad. Additionally, it could have Touch ID embedded in the screen.

I really like your idea of the Apple logo replacing the actual home button (I really hope the 3D Touch home button rumours come true in the next year or two) It looks sharp. Nicely done.

I think though that the 5.8 model would be used for the wrap around screen rumour. (See image) it would keep the same height as the 5.5, same screen real estate as the 5.5", but use that extra .3" to extend the sides and wrap around. Eliminating the side bezels.

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    234 KB · Views: 63

Vanilla35

macrumors 68040
Apr 11, 2013
Washington D.C.
I really like your idea of the Apple logo replacing the actual home button (I really hope the 3D Touch home button rumours come true in the next year or two) It looks sharp. Nicely done.

I think though that the 5.8 model would be used for the wrap around screen rumour. (See image) it would keep the same height as the 5.5, same screen real estate as the 5.5", but use that extra .3" to extend the sides and wrap around. Eliminating the side bezels.

Do we know for a fact the likelihood of that equals exactly 0.3 inch? I have a feeling it would be a reaction to cutting bezels down, and therefore the same footprint with a larger screen. It could very well be as you mentioned though, and another rumor confirmed Apple is looking into a curved screen which goes over the edge.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.