What Do You Want to See From Apple in 2018?

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Jan 1, 2018.

1. MacRumors macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

In our recent What to Expect post, we covered everything we think we'll see from Apple in 2018 based on the current rumors that are circulating about the company's 2018 plans.

Three new iPhones are on the horizon, one a followup to the iPhone X, one that will serve as an "iPhone X Plus" with a larger OLED display, and one with an LCD display that will be positioned as a low to midrange device with a cheaper price tag. Apple's first smart speaker, the HomePod, will come out in 2018, and we're also expecting a revamped iPad Pro, refreshed Macs, and new software, but there's always a chance for a wildcard update or new product that will surprise us all.

[​IMG]

A high-end modular Mac Pro, new original TV shows, AR smart glasses, and autonomous driving software are all products Apple is working on, with no official release date known. We want to hear from the MacRumors community -- what are you expecting or hoping to see Apple release in 2018?

Are there specific features you're hoping Apple will implement in iOS 12, tvOS 12, watchOS 5, or macOS 10.14? Popular wishlist items for last year included a dark mode for iOS, a customizable Control Center (which happened!), animated icons, iPhone complications, a swipe-based keyboard, offline Maps and Siri, and more.

Let us know what you want to see in the comments, and make sure to check out our What to Expect post to get a glimpse at the current rumors. Apple's plans for 2018 will become more clear in the early months of the year, and as always, we'll be covering every rumor that pops up in-depth here at MacRumors.

The MacRumors forums are also a rich resource for discussing upcoming products and rumors, and with so many exciting changes on the horizon for 2018, our forums are the place to be for lively discussions on what's coming.

We'd like to thank all of our readers and forum members for making MacRumors the absolute best source for Apple news, rumors, and advice on the web. We wouldn't be here without you, and we look forward to yet another rumor-packed year in 2018.

Article Link: What Do You Want to See From Apple in 2018?

2. benface macrumors regular

3. RCS31 macrumors 6502

1. New Mac Pro.
    2. New Upgradeable Mac mini.
    3. New Wireless keyboard with Touch Bar and Touch ID integration.

4. Jefe's MacAir macrumors 6502

5. Goldfrapp, Jan 1, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2018

Goldfrapp macrumors 601

Goldfrapp

I want Apple to bring peace to Earth and save all the defenseless creatures from slaughterhouses

6. RCS31 macrumors 6502

I happen to own the 2016 13" w/Touch Bar model. There's nothing wrong with it. What do you want to see changed?

7. MalcolmJID macrumors 6502a

Wouldn't mind seeing the MBPs without Touch Bar in the higher specifications. I'd also like to see a little more freedom in iOS, namely being able to put widgets on home screen pages, rather than a dedicated page (yes, just like Android).

8. Climber_FX, Jan 1, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2018

Climber_FX macrumors newbie

Climber_FX

New modular Mac Pro, and overall just and better prices in Brasil!
    And if they **** the batteries, at least they do a free exchange, not slow down older iPhones, like mine 4s.

9. berrymetal macrumors regular

berrymetal

I'd like to see a more stable version of iOS (even more focus for iPad), new features for macOS, new Airport Base Stations and a second generation Apple pencil

10. Junx macrumors newbie

Junx

A Macbook Pro with a decent GPU, but without the touch bar ********.

11. djeeyore25 macrumors 6502

djeeyore25

An Apple Watch with 5 days of battery life and 32gb of storage for music.

12. Martyimac macrumors 65816

Martyimac

A new upgradeable mac mini
    a slowing of the annual iOS and MacOS releases, to include no more "new capabilities". Fix what you have already given us and flatten out the learning curves.

13. MacFather, Jan 1, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2018

MacFather macrumors 6502a

MacFather

14. blake2 macrumors member

blake2

15. Dogmess macrumors newbie

I'd love to see automatic translation of emails similar to what WeChat offers. Just push a button and translate foreign language emails into your native language. But I suppose without a native translate app someone at apple would have to call Google.

16. Bonte macrumors 6502a

Bonte

A touch screen iMac with sturdy hinge so i can lean on it while working-drawing.

17. acblue94 macrumors regular

acblue94

HomePod minis to spread around the house.
    --- Post Merged, Jan 1, 2018 ---
    Just get the one with the touch bar then with higher specs. Problem solved.

18. peterh988 macrumors 6502a

A decent 5k monitor to stand along side an iMac and look like they belong together

A way to block 'no caller ID' numbers on the iPhone

19. michaelclach, Jan 1, 2018

michaelclach macrumors newbie

In the new version of OS X 10.14, I'd like to see:
    • Super serious file sharing. I want to easily be able to share anything--iTunes playlists, photos, photo streams, docs, folders--with anyone. Simple individual permissions. Family sharing that's easy and pervasive. Take advantage of APFS to make this work really well.
    • Documents in the cloud. New download-the-file-when-it's-needed functionality, like DropBox and Google and Microsoft are rolling out. Make the need for large internal hard drives diminish.
    • Apple News on the desktop.
    • New version of iMovie. It'd be great if I could have a place on iCloud Drive and access my iMovie Library via iOS and Mac.
    • Photos update to focus on managing large numbers of photos. Now that the image editing features are up to par, focus on file management--sorting, sharing, smart albums, cascading folders. The UI and interface needs some work, too.

20. dernhelm macrumors 68000

dernhelm

An updated mac mini. Or a super affordable low-end mac "pro".

21. Talik3 macrumors newbie

Talik3

MacBook Pro with a decent keyboard. Hell, you can even make it a bit thicker. Just make us love typing on it again.

22. Appleaker macrumors 68000

There's a lot to wish for but a big thing is a cleaner, up to date lineup with lower prices.

23. JM, Jan 1, 2018

JM macrumors 6502a

JM

SE2 with forcetouch, or 4.7" iPhone X mini (physical size of SE)

Stable iOS, and slowing of releasing new iOS-breaking features.

Updated AirPods to look less like white earwax is dripping out my ears.

More granular controls of do not disturb.

Phone calls to stop taking up the entire screen when a call comes in (if desired by user). A simple pull down notification will do.

24. MagicTorch macrumors member