Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

X38

macrumors 6502a
Jul 11, 2007
1) A 2018 model of the iPhone X with a 4" (or better a 3.5") screen.
2) Bring back skeuomorphic and 3D look to MacOS and iOS.
3) Touch screen input option on Macs.
4) External pointing device (mouse, trackpad, etc.) input option for iOS.
5) 3D touch, Pencil, shared user file storage, split screen, etc. standardized across all iOS devices.
6) Keep the iPad mini & Mac mini.
7) Dual Thunderbolt ports on AppleTV with input and pass through capability to act as a hub for connecting and controlling other devices and overlaying onto the video display from other devices.
8) More iOS capability in TVOS, especially web browser, email, iMessages, phone, etc.
9) Phone app on iPad.
10) An Apple web search engine to compete with Google.

Last edited:

joshetic

macrumors newbie
Jan 1, 2018
MacBook Pro with Face ID.
New AirPort Extreme.
iCloud Message Sync. (Is that still a thing?)
Better curated playlists on Apple Music to lure me over from Spotify.

Wildcard: VPN support on Apple TV.

HMFIC03

macrumors 6502
Jan 19, 2011
Tokyo
I’m happy with everything, but would like to see more effort in the Apple TV realm. The battle of streaming services and cable providers need a clear winner. Apple has the best interface, but could knock one out the park with some cash negotiations and some graphic horse Power for serious gaming. Those are the revenue streams that need tapped - TV consumers and real gamers.

Overstim

macrumors newbie
Jan 1, 2018
apples laptop lineup is a mess. It reminds me of Pre-Jobs Apple: too many products with confusing names and overlapping features. I want to see the, do what they did with their iPad lineup and differentiate better. Make the Mackbook Pro more pro so it deserves its crazy price and bring back a true iBook successor that people want to buy, at a fair price point.

Rod410

macrumors newbie
Nov 22, 2016
Not having to log back into apps on Apple TV that I’ve logged in a million times.

In our recent What to Expect post, we covered everything we think we'll see from Apple in 2018 based on the current rumors that are circulating about the company's 2018 plans.

Three new iPhones are on the horizon, one a followup to the iPhone X, one that will serve as an "iPhone X Plus" with a larger OLED display, and one with an LCD display that will be positioned as a low to midrange device with a cheaper price tag. Apple's first smart speaker, the HomePod, will come out in 2018, and we're also expecting a revamped iPad Pro, refreshed Macs, and new software, but there's always a chance for a wildcard update or new product that will surprise us all.

2018appleproducts-800x450.jpg

A high-end modular Mac Pro, new original TV shows, AR smart glasses, and autonomous driving software are all products Apple is working on, with no official release date known. We want to hear from the MacRumors community -- what are you expecting or hoping to see Apple release in 2018?

Are there specific features you're hoping Apple will implement in iOS 12, tvOS 12, watchOS 5, or macOS 10.14? Popular wishlist items for last year included a dark mode for iOS, a customizable Control Center (which happened!), animated icons, iPhone complications, a swipe-based keyboard, offline Maps and Siri, and more.

Let us know what you want to see in the comments, and make sure to check out our What to Expect post to get a glimpse at the current rumors. Apple's plans for 2018 will become more clear in the early months of the year, and as always, we'll be covering every rumor that pops up in-depth here at MacRumors.

The MacRumors forums are also a rich resource for discussing upcoming products and rumors, and with so many exciting changes on the horizon for 2018, our forums are the place to be for lively discussions on what's coming.

We'd like to thank all of our readers and forum members for making MacRumors the absolute best source for Apple news, rumors, and advice on the web. We wouldn't be here without you, and we look forward to yet another rumor-packed year in 2018.

Article Link: What Do You Want to See From Apple in 2018?

X38

macrumors 6502a
Jul 11, 2007
I wanna see Apple drop numbering from iPhone nomenclature and just call it iPhone and iPhone Pro

I also want Apple to drop Mac mini, iPad mini, and MacBook Air

I'd like to see Apple announce:

MacBook Pro with Face ID
iGlass

Maybe what I'd like to see is Apple drop you as a customer. I don't understand you people who are so concerned with products that you want Apple to not make but that other people like and want. There are many people who like the Mac mini and iPad mini - why do you want to make trouble for them?

After several weeks with the iPhoneX, I'm starting to see some drawbacks to Face ID. It's doing ok with recognizing me even when I'm not looking at it, but it has to be looking at me in order to work, which means I often have to pick up the iPhone and point it at myself to get it to open in many situations where that was not an issue with Touch ID. It's frequent enough to be annoying, but not the end of the world since it is easy enough to pick up. For a laptop, it would be a disaster unless they continued to include Touch ID as an alternative.

Naaaaak

macrumors 6502a
Mar 26, 2010
  • Stable version of macOS. Something that does not lock up / kernel panic / crash as frequently as System 7.
  • Mac Pro that has sufficient COOLING (not "quiet" > cooling) and starts at $1K, not $5K.
  • MacBook Pros without touchbars and no more "thin" > everything else.
  • Updated iPad Mini.
  • iPhone without a notch.

peterh988

macrumors 6502a
Jun 5, 2011
An updated mac mini. Or a super affordable low-end mac "pro".

I'm still hoping that (My years old hope of the modular system) the modular system is a series of Mac mini style modules that just stack together, lego style, to give you a scaleable system. So you can start with one mini, clip on another one at a later date, add a SSD module, etc.

Don't know if thats technically possible though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.