What do you want to see on AW 5

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by AttilaTheHun, Oct 2, 2018.

1. AttilaTheHun macrumors 65816

AttilaTheHun

My wish that on AW5 we will get more Medical options like Blood pressure without the air pressure just a sensor that will test the blood and also test the sugar level this will open the market to another group of people

2. abdulkar.im macrumors 68000

abdulkar.im

3. brentc133 macrumors member

4. blue2noise macrumors regular

Round watch comment official

5. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

Actually, I would like to see Apple lower the prices for the Series 5. I upgraded to the Stainless this year, but I have been reading _a lot_ of forum members have held off purchasing due to the influx of price this year. I think if Apple could offer another ‘middle’ priced option, it would entice more who appreciate the more premium stainless options. The Apple Watch is great, but not everyone is interested in the aluminum or a $750.00 price for the stainless, where I think Apple could introduce another metal casing option at a cheaper price point.

6. edhchoe macrumors 6502a

edhchoe

Modular face with seconds and 6+ complications.

7. abdulkar.im macrumors 68000

abdulkar.im

I agree, Apple is making a rather large margin on these, so surely a slight decrease would actually improve sales?

8. nrvna76 macrumors 6502a

Not a lot, that way I don't feel so bad about buying 2 stainless series 4's.

9. dcpmark macrumors 6502a

After starting out with the original watch and then an S3 LTE, the S4 LTE is pretty incredible to me, but if I had to pick something, I would say more battery life, more flexibility with complications on the Infograph Modular face, and even thinner.

10. AttilaTheHun thread starter macrumors 65816

AttilaTheHun

11. OBirder macrumors 6502

I agree especially for the stainless steel. They ask a lot more for stainless steel (while the technology is the same), but offer little at trade in.

For Apple’s trade in program for Series 3 Cellular you get:

$225 for the 38mm Aluminum - which seems to fair

$250 for the 42mm SpaceBlack Stainless Steel - this is outrageous in comparison

12. rwilliams macrumors 68040

rwilliams

Improved Battery Life. AT LEAST a full extra day of battery.
    --- Post Merged, Oct 2, 2018 ---
    I noticed the same thing. How can they justify a $200 price difference in the watches yet only offer a $25 difference on trade in?

13. anthonymoody macrumors 68020

anthonymoody

Well, after the form factor change of the S4, it's reasonable to assume that the next 1 or 2 (or 3) Series will be the same shape and size. It could conceivably get thinner, though I doubt they'd do that at the expense of battery life.

More medical features is an obvious one. Maybe bands with functionality. I wonder if they'd ever include a camera...could lead to issues with security in places where phones aren't allowed (because of the cameras), so probably not.

Honestly, once they get the complications sorted out on the new faces - which I'm fairly sure they will - the S4 will be pretty much perfect.

If I *had* to nit pick, other than battery life...even faster charging, so that I could sleep with it, and get a full recharge while showering.

14. rwilliams macrumors 68040

rwilliams

The Watch app in iOS 13 should also give you the option of updating & syncing over Wifi instead of the painfully slow Bluetooth. Many of us know the trick to speed it up, but the average person doesn't.

15. anthonymoody macrumors 68020

anthonymoody

Here's another one: don't give me Stand reminders when I'm in a car.

16. Fozziebear71 macrumors 6502

Fozziebear71

17. iBreatheApple macrumors 68030

iBreatheApple

A catheter will extend out of the watch and penetrate the skin into your radial artery where it will travel up and lodge itself in your pulmonary artery to get an accurate wedge pressure, just like in the critical care units of a hospital. The good news is arterial pressures are more accurate. The bad news is you won’t be sedated. #innovation

18. musicpenguy macrumors 65816

I’d love to see blood sugar testing for those with diabetes in a non-evasive way where it can have a sensor to chemically detect that - not sure how many generations we are away from that, but that would be another game changer like ECG - I personally don’t need it but it’d be cool.

Always on display is something talked about a lot but for notifications I’d not want those to show up as then anyone can see those and it’d be distracting in a meeting - so if they do always on it’ll have to be pretty smart about that or maybe thats a setting where everything is just sent to the pull down area of the watch.

I personally would love an option to just buy the core watch without any chargers or bands and see how low they could get the price that way for existing users. I also want a speaker I can play podcasts/music from - know this is a battery limitation now. I also want the OS to be more standalone or pairable with an iPad rather than the phone. So those are a few things! Many more in this relatively young OS and platform!

19. brentc133 macrumors member

20. Akrapovic macrumors regular

Akrapovic

Face API. I can have 7 trillion watch bands but only about 5 useable faces or something. Let developers make faces like they can keyboards.

Proper working full on Siri integration, including the new shortcuts. I want to be able to trigger things on my phone from my watch. I want to be able to say "I'm going for a run" and it starts my podcasts (on my phone), my metronome (on my phone) and the Workout app and run function on my watch.

Siri is a complete hot mess in iOS2/WatchOS5. I'd like to see the new watch and OS6 take a big stab at getting these fixed.

21. brentc133 macrumors member

In Canada it’s a $300 upgrade to get stainless case and sapphire coated glass. Crazy expensive. Why can’t they offer stainless in the gps version as not everyone wants LTE.

22. Relentless Power, Oct 2, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2018

Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

If you look at the Apple Watch spectrum now, they have the base model which is the aluminum and then they have the premium model which is the stainless at $750, I really think they need to offer a middle ground option, that maybe includes another metal casing, and some type of add on feature to make it affordable and attractive at the same time. It just seems like _way_ too much of a gap to have the aluminum and then a substantial price hike with the stainless, I could see Apple expanding on this maybe next year.

23. anthonymoody macrumors 68020

anthonymoody

Wow I can't believe I forgot faces. I'd even vote for a face store...

24. Akrapovic macrumors regular

Akrapovic

I'd totally go for a face store. Tab at the bottom of the Watch app, where the Appstore one is.

Yeah I'm sure Apple wants only high quality stuff to show off the Watch, but the AppStore is filled with junk, and man some people have ugly wallpapers on their phones, and some awful Watch bands. So the reasoning doesn't really fit.

Improve Siri. Give me a Face Store. I'll be all over that. People LOVE spending microtransactions in games on cosmetic stuff that does nothing. If you give people a face store filled with 99p/99c faces, the amount of money made would be ridiculous. If the AW5 has a face store, I'll preorder that watch rather than buy the year old one like I tend to do. That's how good a face store would be.

25. rwilliams macrumors 68040

rwilliams

Open it up so that you can custom order the watch with the band that you want. Sure it might delay your order, but let the customer choose. It seems silly to only offer specific configurations of each watch.