What do you want to see on AW 5

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by AttilaTheHun, Oct 2, 2018.

1. Krayzkat macrumors 6502a

Krayzkat

Laser cutter and cigarette lighter would be cool

2. Rangers94, Oct 2, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2018

Rangers94 macrumors 6502

Rangers94

I think battery life will be the next big thing. They decreased the battery size by 20% in the Series 4 from the Series 3 but kept the same battery life. I’m guessing for Series 5 they will increase battery size by 20% while being able to fit it in the same size casing by optimizing it better.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Series 5 allows you the option (toggle on/off) for an always on display knowing that you’ll be sacrificing a few hours of battery life which will keep it at the 18 hrs that it is now. With the always on display toggled off you’ll get over 24 hrs.

I myself wouldn’t mind keeping the battery life as it is now if it allowed an always on display. Sometimes I just wanna do a quick glance for time without having to abruptly turn my wrist.

3. AttilaTheHun thread starter macrumors 65816

AttilaTheHun

update it's a way to test blood pressure without pressure
    --- Post Merged, Oct 3, 2018 ---
    yes bond 007

4. PeteS1963 macrumors 6502

Longer battery life and a compass. Quite often I use my watch for navigation. Not having a compass is a bit of a pain.

5. RedlegsFan macrumors 6502

Better battery life. And sleep tracking, in that order. I love having my fitbit on while I sleep to track my sleep AND have it vibrate and wake me up every single morning (while not disturbing anyone else). I know you can kind of do this on the Apple Watch but it seems a bit more cumbersome.

6. dotzero123 macrumors regular

dotzero123

Integration with Bluetooth car stereos - other watches have it.

7. magicschoolbus macrumors 65816

magicschoolbus

8. Jason Hensley macrumors 6502

Jason Hensley

Now that I can listen to my many podcasts every day without my phone, I can use the watch exactly as I desired to. I will agree with the better battery life though, especially from using audio apps in conjunction with my workout ones draining the battery pretty significantly.

9. musicpenguy macrumors 65816

Yea to truly use it without any worry at all I will throw it on the charger late afternoon before heading home I’ll be back near 100 percent and can use the LTE without any restraints for when I’m out and about at night. Something I traditionally would do without a second thought with my iPhone.

10. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

I see quite a few requests for ‘longer battery life’ for the Series 5, and maybe it’s just from my own experience, but I have no complaints whatsoever about the current battery life, especially with the most up-to-date S4 with 64 bit dual core, the Series 4 seemingly less power draw for managing tasks with third-party applications and features like that heart rate sensor that can consume the battery quickly I can achieve approximately 2.5 days with managed settings and certain features disabled.

11. PaladinGuy macrumors 6502

Do you actually use the workout app though? That’s the kicker. It seems like most of the people that get 2 days from one charge don’t exercise every day with the watch.

12. Lennyvalentin macrumors 65816

Lennyvalentin

In-screen fingerprint reader thankyou. Typing in a pin every time I put on the watch is so 2012. (I'm also not one of those people who has their phone permanently transplanted to their hand to use the (optional!) touch/face ID unlocking via iPhone.)

Exposed data port in the watchband slot(s.) There's still the same diagnostics interface from the original Apple Watch in the Series 4 models, but the possibility of sensors and/or battery in the wristbands could be the next big thing where there honestly isn't much stuff left that Apple could realistically add. Non-invasive blood oxygenation or sugar level sensors for example are unreliable, so not much point in putting that in the watch body itself even if it was legal. After all, the only thing worse than no health information is bogus health information...

MUCH greater watchface customization. I want to see the ability to add background colors (which could change depending on time of day, weather, season, holidays...etc), change the color and appearance of the watch hands, set roman or arabic numerals on watchfaces, add hour and second markers for faces that lack them, change typefaces, add additional widgets to watchfaces (some faces allow only 2 or 3 - the new video faces allow none in fullscreen mode.) Also, allow the new widgets from infograph face on any watchface. It's crazy frustrating that Apple is making watchfaces a DDR-like dictatorship where it's either Apple's way or the highway.

Also... Why not a watchface that shows current weather in animated form? That'd be pretty wicked IMO. :)

13. squirrrl macrumors 6502a

squirrrl

Holographic messages like the ones in Star Wars.
    --- Post Merged, Oct 3, 2018 ---
    Yeah.. if I were you, I'd buy a new face too :p sorry... couldn't resist.

14. kappaknight macrumors 68000

kappaknight

Just look outside?

15. Vanilla35 macrumors 68040

Vanilla35

Tbh I think apple's SS customer's are relatively price inelastic. I however agree with pricing the base model too high (all models got a price hike) but that's why they still sell the previous model as well.

I don't think they're in the worst spot, similar type of premium that happened from iPhone 7 to 8.
    --- Post Merged, Oct 6, 2018 ---
    Pretty sure the battery actually got bigger in the series 4. Also reports tend to indicate that the 4 seems to last longer than the 3.

16. Vanilla35 macrumors 68040

Vanilla35

17. donster28 macrumors 68000

18. edhchoe macrumors 6502a

edhchoe

898AF23B-AC93-4491-A550-21DB2A1D1AD4.jpeg

I want apple to spend maybe 2 hours to code a modular face like this.
    It is not for everyone but neither is the Siri face or mickie mouse face.
    Apple, please make it!!!

19. Farrellcollie macrumors 6502

I want to see it work with mvno's or have its own independent sim card

20. OhSh1t_RS macrumors newbie

I’d like a simple toggle for „While you were away“-Notifications. When you use your Watch without the smartphone and come back in range, messages from the phone would go to the watch so you don’t need to look on your phone.

21. Internet Enzyme macrumors 6502a

Internet Enzyme

22. Breezygirl macrumors 6502a

Breezygirl

23. harriska2 macrumors 6502a

harriska2

1. Non-tethered watch with stand alone lte with it’s own phone number so I can text/call/hotspot from the watch without owning a cell phone
    2. Share data to an ipad or mac
    3. Buy without band for $50 less
    4. Ability to unlock phone or keep phone unlocked while wearing watch

24. sdwaltz macrumors 6502a

Custom/3rd party faces

Better way to account for calories burned during strength training

Better battery life, although it's now pretty good