What do you want to see on AW 5

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by AttilaTheHun, Oct 2, 2018.

1. bbednarz macrumors 6502a

bbednarz

Please just let me use the podcasts app on the inforgraphic modular face... that is all i want.

I guess better battery is always good. Would be great to be able to get longer usage from the watch as a standalone device. Besides additional/better health monitoring I don't really see how it could get much better. Maybe my imagination has gotten bad.

2. Jason Hensley macrumors 6502

Jason Hensley

At the end of the day, this is my #1 answer too. Please, just the podcast app on the Infograph, it's all I really want. Oh, that and for my Close Your Rings badges to show up on time.

3. hologram, Jan 3, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2019

hologram macrumors 6502

I’d like to see a face like the Infograph Modular with the digital time, including seconds, as the main, center complication.

With all the faces Apple offers, the only digital face that displays seconds is an activity face, and even then the time seems like an afterthought.

All the analog faces display seconds, why not a digital face? If I can put a timer or stopwatch in the center, and if they can display seconds and tenths of seconds, why can’t it display the time?

4. hazriqpedia macrumors newbie

• Better battery life.
    • Sleep tracking built-in?

5. Azathoth123 macrumors 6502

Better battery life is universal

Glucose and blood pressure would be killer.

Face store? Oh yea!

6. Mishkin macrumors newbie

Mishkin

Bring back the white ceramic case. I have S2 ceramic, I love it, and I’m seriously considering abandoning the Apple ecosystem entirely to get a proper high-end smart watch when I upgrade. I was going to replace it with a S4 ceramic, but alas, no such thing.

7. Azathoth123 macrumors 6502

And what might you be considering?

8. iPhonemaster5S macrumors 6502

iPhonemaster5S

Sounds like a Tag Heuer smartwatch would be right up your alley! I tried one on the other day and was rather impressed, the build quality is significantly better than anything Apple has to offer.

9. jschnee21 macrumors newbie

Recent AW4 purchase, first AW I've owned:

1) Larger battery specifically to support enhanced LTE functionality -- all data functionality should be supported by LTE. Also would provide better overnight battery for sleep apps like Pillow's new "gentle" alarm functionality

2) Better App support -- I was appalled at how few of my apps (~20% of the 500+ apps I currently have on my phone) support AW given that it's been on the market now for 4 years. Of these only ~45 or so apps are actually useful enough to keep installed on the watch

3) Facetime support. Video would be awesome (w/integrated camera) but at least audio

4) Face Store -- why are there so few watch faces. this is stupid. Just like it took Apple forever to get proper ring tones and a ring tone store.

5) More heart health / heart attack / etc. certifications. The Apple HealthKit is really amazing most people don't understand the potential. Additional wireless sensors (for phone or watch) should be sold separately (and 510K cleared) by apple and third parties. HR, BP, Glucose, multi lead EKG, etc. There should be a robust, reliable, secure integration standard -- like Apple Home Kit (but hopefully more widely adopted) -- EHR record standards should be adhered to.

6) Cost. I'm glad y'all have the money for SS and what not. But I thought the AW4 was just barely worth the money (still not sure) in Aluminum. OTD my AW4 44mm w/Cellular and Apple Care was ~$640. Ouch! I can buy an AW3 42 on Amazon for $259 if I time it right. Sure, not apples to apples. But $250-$350 is a more competitive price for a smart watch. There's no way I'm going to pay as much for a watch as an iPhone.

10. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

No, Apple isn’t bringing back the ceramic, it didn’t sell well, that’s why they discontinued in the first place. There is no market for the general consumer for an $1100 smart watch, which doesn't eveninclude AppleCare. If you look at the majority of what the Apple Watch is, it’s about the sport model, and the stainless being the premium starting at $750.00 for the 44 MM, which even that’s priced out of the realm for most.

11. T'hain Esh Kelch macrumors 601

T'hain Esh Kelch

• Thinner.
    • Better battery.
    • More customizability for watch faces.
    • Mode medical/health stuff.

In that order I think. Thinner is definitely #1 though.

12. jschnee21 macrumors newbie

Yes, I forgot, definitely thinner. In order to compensate for decreased thickness, the width and length can be significantly increased. I was surprised when I went to pickup my 44mm AW4 how small it was compared to an average man's watch. But the thickness and rounded sensor hump on the back makes it fairly uncomfortable to wear in comparison.

13. Mishkin macrumors newbie

Mishkin

Because I still love the S2 ceramic, I’m not yet considering anything. However, I am slowly working on reducing my ecosystem dependence so that when I get off Apple, it will go smoothly.
    --- Post Merged, Jan 4, 2019 ---
    I’ll check them out. Thx.
    --- Post Merged, Jan 4, 2019 ---
    I don’t really understand the problem; Apple sells premium devices based on design, not performance or functionality. I felt the ceramic models fit that perfectly. Heck, I would pay up to $2k for a non-smart watch that looked really great (and did, I used to wear a Movado).

14. rmoliv macrumors 6502a

What new features, both software and hardware wise, do you predict will be introduced to bring about the same excitement the Series 4 did?

15. hanser macrumors regular

What I would hope for is the ability to have the Watch as a standalone gear, without iPhone, since I don´t have one. Or at least the option to use an iPad as tether. Then I could finally buy one.

16. sumsingwong macrumors 6502a

sumsingwong

Isn’t that what the cellular version is?

17. hanser macrumors regular

no. you still need an iPhone to set it up and load apps etc.

18. BoricuaHec01 macrumors 6502a

BoricuaHec01

He may be referring to using the Watch fully without the iphone at all, for example, IG, FB, etc. I personally wouldn't want that, can't be navigating a one inch screen fulltime all day like that.