What email carrier do you use for your main email?

hunterheath33

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 15, 2012
Do you use gmail or yahoo or live? I'm trying to find a good primary email to use with my iPhone 4. And do you use the mail app that came with your iPhone?

benji21

macrumors member
Jun 26, 2011
LA
I like my Gmail, very reliable. I also have a private email I use what is hosted on my server.

MacDawg

macrumors Core
Mar 20, 2004
"Between the Hedges"
I use my @mac.com address for most things
And I have a Gmail address for personal use
Also have my work email forwarded to a separate Gmail address

On the phone, I use the Gmail app for Gmail and the Mail app for @mac.com

Never used Yahoo at all

maflynn

Staff member
May 3, 2009
Boston
I've been an a @mac user since apple first unveiled it as part of the iTools suite of services.

I also have a gmail account that I never use, a hotmail account that is dormant and a couple of domain names with emails associated to them for non primary needs.

SandboxGeneral

Moderator emeritus
Sep 8, 2010
Detroit
Do you use gmail or yahoo or live? I'm trying to find a good primary email to use with my iPhone 4. And do you use the mail app that came with your iPhone?
I use Gmail; have been since it was beta invite only in 2005. I used the native mail app the whole time until Gmail's iOS app finally got Push Notifications. Now that's my main email app.

faroZ06

macrumors 68040
Apr 3, 2009
I use AOL as my secondary account just because you get two addresses (@aim.com and @aol.com) and because you get an AIM account with it, which is the best popular messaging system. Also, I think the @aol.com address looks nice.

I also use GMAIL as a tertiary account since I have a YouTube account.

Avoid Yahoo or Microsoft.

mushtama

macrumors member
Feb 14, 2012
I use the same hotmail address that I've had for the past 12 years and I use the standard mail app which works really well for me.

cynics

macrumors G4
Jan 8, 2012
Gmail as my primary, I also have a yahoo and a work email on there...I'm not a fan of the iPhones email app at all though...

Vegastouch

macrumors 603
Jul 12, 2008
Las Vegas, NV
Yahoo is primary
GMail is a secondary that ive been using more & more and yes i use the phone email app for Yahoo.

Oh wait, i dont use an iPhone so sorry if you were taking thoughts just on those only.

cambookpro

macrumors 604
Feb 3, 2010
United Kingdom
My personal email is hosted by fasthosts, with my domain. Works great.
Also have used iCloud and Yahoo in the past, no problems at all. I used the built in Mail app.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.