What fictional location would you like to be able to visit?

Thomas Veil

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Feb 14, 2004
OBJECTIVE reality
For some people it may be Oz. For others it might be the coffee shop from Friends.

For me it’s Gotham City. In particular, the one from the TV series Gotham. I’m well aware that various New York City locations “stood in” for Gotham City...but boy, what locations! Gotham’s train station and City Hall were majestic, beautifully photogenic examples of architecture...as was the most familiar location, Gotham Police Headquarters. There were gorgeous theatre exteriors and tall, cathedral-like clock towers.

Even the run-down sections—bridge underpasses and lonely windswept docks—were wonderfully evocative of a city fallen on hard times. There’s even a very long one-way lane that James Gordon drives down, with a chain link fence that runs its entire length, that I could swear also turned up in the movie “Joker”.

That’s not even counting the Great Hall at Wayne Manor, which I assume was way too elaborate to be a studio set.

So yeah, I’d like to visit Gotham. And because it’s also a real life, standing location (as opposed to CG or an elaborate set like the 4077th M*A*S*H), it would actually be possible to visit it...if you knew where all those locations are. (Tour operators, there’s an idea to attract Batman fans!)

retta283

macrumors 68000
Jun 8, 2018
Kingman, AZ
Probably Cyrodiil from Oblivion, the beautiful lush greenery and high mountain peaks would look amazing in real life. I am sure that the Anvil Docks would also look amazing at sunset.

1579146608660.png

That's as long as these guys don't follow me!

Huntn

macrumors demi-god
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
Good call, is Galadriel there? And by that I mean Cate Blanchett ... :oops: ... I'm not worthy! I'm not worthy!
CE49FA3F-7470-4188-958B-F3C2F3FCAD4C.jpeg
Arwen daughter of Elrond
granddaughter of Galadriel​

There Rivendell, you would find Arwen, who is no less hot. :D

Galadriel might be there on occasion but I believe she lives in Lothlórien, a forest near the lower Misty Mountains. This too would be a place I’d like to visit. Not by coincidence one of my World of Warcraft toon’s names was Lilgalad, a Night Elf.

D21EFADC-B9C7-4F63-9768-BE4CCEFB14A2.jpeg

Last edited:

Huntn

macrumors demi-god
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
I’ll add Pandora.

762BA035-F37D-432E-959B-40DDA9F3B8E8.jpeg

Azeroth

FOR THE HORDE
You get a big second for this, accept it would be for The Alliance! :p
Specific World of Warcraft places:
  • First and foremost: Teldressil.
  • Darnassus
  • Elewyn Forest
  • Storm Wind City
  • Iron Forge City
  • Booty Bay
  • Dark Shore
  • Ashenvale
  • Felwood
  • Un’Goro Crater
  • Feralas
  • The Hinterlands
  • Tanaris
  • Stranglethorn Veil
  • The Wetlands
  • Westfall
  • And others...
Darnassas640.JPG
Darnassus

IronForge Flight.JPG
Iron Forge Departure

Wetlands.JPG
Wetlands Sunset

bigdino640.JPG
Un'Goro Crater

Last edited:

LordVic

macrumors 603
Sep 7, 2011
I’ll add Pandora.

You get a big second for this, accept it would be for The Alliance! :p
Specific places:
  • First and foremost: Teldressil.
  • Darnassus
  • Elewyn Forest
  • Storm Wind City
  • Iron Forge City
  • Booty Bay
  • Dark Shore
  • Ashenvale
  • Felwood
  • Un’Goro Crater
  • Feralas
  • The Hinterlands
  • Tanaris
  • Stranglethorn Veil
  • The Wetlands
  • Westfall
  • And others...
I've spent too many hours in too many zones to really have a favourite "zone".

However, I truly epicly miss old (pre-cata) Orgrimmar.

Also: Northrend. So many hours in Northrend. Specifically Storm Peaks. (Time Lost ProtoDragon will be mine.. years of waiting. but it will be mine)

How you like Teldrassil now :p

Reactions: Huntn

Huntn

macrumors demi-god
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
I've spent too many hours in too many zones to really have a favourite "zone".

However, I truly epicly miss old (pre-cata) Orgrimmar.

Also: Northrend. So many hours in Northrend. Specifically Storm Peaks. (Time Lost ProtoDragon will be mine.. years of waiting. but it will be mine)

How you like Teldrassil now :p
Just saw Teldressil in Classic, like it just fine. :D Blizzard let me go home, but I only lasted a few weeks before hitting the been there done that wall.

Thomas Veil

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Feb 14, 2004
OBJECTIVE reality
LOL. I didn’t think there’d be so many game locales. (This has gotta be a younger audience than what we get in PRSI.)

Huntn, I’ll tell you two places I’d definitely stay away from: Twin Peaks...and Silent Hill. Nothing good ever happens in those places. 😁

Falhófnir

macrumors 68040
Aug 19, 2017
Lots, but probably only ever in passing? Being a fly on the wall (or cup bearer?) at Casterly Rock, Harrenhal, King's Landing etc and watching Tyrion/ Tywin interact with other powerful figures would certainly be an experience :D Valyria before the Doom would certainly also be quite something - hoping might yet get a glimpse of that, even if it is CGI! In the LotR universe, I think Pre third age Middle Earth appeals - when the whole continent was more like Rivendell/ Lorien on Tolkien's sliding (declining) scale of magicalness. A day wandering around Springfield would also undoubtedly be unforgettable! Some of the vistas in Skyrim are fantastic, though maybe no more so than Norway🇳🇴 or Canada might offer IRL?

LordVic

macrumors 603
Sep 7, 2011
Just saw Teldressil in Classic, like it just fine. :D Blizzard let me go home, but I only lasted a few weeks before hitting the been there done that wall.
I played lassic for a week until it reminded me of all the issues with Classic that drove me nuts.

there were definitely a lot of rose tinted glasses

don't get me wrong. Vanilla had some things that are definitely better than current. But there are way too many QoL improvements to go back