Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

einjel14bairn

macrumors newbie
Oct 10, 2010
Kind of curious to see what games Mac users play on their computers under OS X. Please don't include games played under Bootcamp/Parallels

I play:
Imperial Glory
Warcraft III
Civilization IV
Sid Meier's Pirates!
The Sims 3
Lego Star Wars
World of Warcraft
Starcraft II

did you download starcraft 2 and sis 3?
i badly needed to play those 2

thanks

racketeer71

macrumors regular
Jan 15, 2010
If you "badly need to play those 2," may I suggest some cash and a trip to your nearest store, then? Software piracy is a no-no here. :cool:

It's easy to find The Sims 3 and SC2 because they're new games.

But finding i.e. AoE3 for Mac is virtually impossible in Europe. Except if you wish to pay 90 USD for it.

Hansr

macrumors 6502a
Apr 1, 2007
What I have installed right now:

ZZ54B129E4.jpg

soLoredd

macrumors 6502a
Mar 12, 2007
California
Civ IV: Beyond The Sword
Civ V
Starcraft II

These are in Boot Camp on my MacBook Pro. Like someone else earlier in the thread, I've decided to build a dedicated PC this winter for gaming and use my MBP for only Civ IV.

LouieSamman

macrumors 6502a
Jul 23, 2008
Orlando, Florida
how do u have modern warfare

Yeah I wonder the same thing. I have Modern Warfare 2 but the windows 7 expired because I didn't have the official Windows 7 CD. It was a free download a while back from Microsoft. Now that it ended I can't play that game anymore since it's not ported to the mac.

Would love it to have steamplay but it hasn't came out yet. So I was wondering how he did that too.

Queso

Suspended
Mar 4, 2006
Currently Half-Life 2 and Civ IV:BTS when I get time.

I have World of Goo as well for when I just want to dip in for a minute :)

skatementle

macrumors member
Apr 25, 2010
Left4Dead2
HalfLife2DeathMatch
Portal
TeamFortress2

Thinking About Buying:ModernWarfare,AssassinsCreed,TheForceUnleashed,Bioshock:)

Huntn

macrumors Core
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
After quitting WoW about a year ago, I was not playing any native Mac games. I do have HalfLife 2 downloaded in Mac Steam and plan on playing through that again, and then there is Dragon Age, which I have been ignoring via bootcamp/Vista. I'm hoping this is not some permanent lifestyle change I'm going through.

Plutonius

macrumors G3
Feb 22, 2003
New Hampshire, USA
After quitting WoW about a year ago, I was not playing any native Mac games. I do have HalfLife 2 downloaded in Mac Steam and plan on playing through that again, and then there is Dragon Age, which I have been ignoring via bootcamp/Vista. I'm hoping this is not some permanent lifestyle change I'm going through.

I still think you should come back to WoW for Cata. Nothing preventing you from leaving again when you get bored again :).

sysiphus

macrumors 6502a
May 7, 2006
I still think you should come back to WoW for Cata. Nothing preventing you from leaving again when you get bored again :).

I just wish they'd run a server or two dedicated to Classic WoW--pre BC. The game balance was totally different then, and I thought it was much more fun. Plus, then there'd be an excuse to continue PowerPC support :D

soliddrain

macrumors newbie
Oct 13, 2010
I play commando on mine Mac P.C . I like these game because it is a action game and mind game . You have to put all your effect to clear the stage . I like the graphics and the weapon of the game .

Sargiel

macrumors member
Jan 2, 2005
West Sussex, England
Currently: -

Bioshock
Civ IV:BtS
Baldur's Gate Tutu
Sid Meiers: Pirates (thanks Feral!)
Killing Floor
Amnesia
Dragon Age: Origins

I have a pretty extensive collection of Mac games but those are the ones I play when I get the time :) Note that all are native except for Baldur's Gate which is run via Crossover.

roadbloc

macrumors G3
Aug 24, 2009
UK
Call of Duty 4
Doom 3
Half Life 2 (and etc...)
Team Fortress 2
Portal
Day of Defeat
Plants vs Zombies
Garry's Mod
Counterstrike
Quake 2
Quake
Tales of Monkey Island
Amnesia: The Dark Descent
Dune 2 (dosbox)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.