What if apple stop making iPhones?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by falconeight, Jul 14, 2010.

1. falconeight Guest

falconeight

I mean all of this nonsense is going to upset jobs and he is going to pull the plug. Then people would have nothing to whine about. It might up the suicide rate though.

2. Hellishness macrumors 65816

Hellishness

3. satirev macrumors 6502

what if someone made a thread that was retarded??? :confused:

4. F123D macrumors 68040

F123D

It'd make everyone a little retarded by reading it. :(

5. ddoolin macrumors regular

ddoolin

:(

6. itsmemuffins macrumors 68030

itsmemuffins

I would make a death pact with my iPhone 4. That on the day that Apple announce the cancellation of the iPhone, we will plunge to our deaths from a cliff.:eek:

7. falconeight thread starter Guest

falconeight

Steve jobs is crazy he would do it. I sense some denial

8. Full of Win macrumors 68030

Full of Win

Apple does not make iPhones, they contract with FoxConn in Taiwan to make them. Actually, FC is known as something else in Taiwan, just don't recall the name at the moment, but it sounds nothing like FoxConn.

9. ddoolin macrumors regular

ddoolin

I love you, man. That is THE funniest line I will read ALL DAY. I'd put eMoney on it.

10. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Are you sure you didn't mean the Nile?

11. tigress666 macrumors 68040

I love my iphone, it would suck if they did, but when my contract ran out (in two years now), I'd look to see if there was an Android phone I really liked. I may even just stay with my iphone.

But, I love gadgets and I have yet not to get a new phone when my 2 year contract is up. If iphone wasn't available to me and I ended up keeping my current, it would show just how awesome this phone has been for me. I mean I was not unhappy with my 3G and I still upgraded anyways (though now I couldn't go back cause after having the iphone 4 I'm sure the 3G would feel painfully slow to me).

There were two issues I wish it was better on that iphone 4 did address, lucky me, though one of them is a given that most phones try to improve cause cameras on phones are a selling point for a phone. But honestly, even if it didn't, I most likely would have upgraded anyways unless it was just that dud of an upgrade - like absolutely nothing new on it that I found interesting at all. I seriously doubt that cause I'd have upgraded for the features 3GS offered over my 3G (if I got upgrade price. Obviously wasn't going to do so for full price as I waited til my contract was up rather than going to the 3GS last year).

I like new gadgets and I don't dislike AT&T so I really have no qualms signing up for a 2 year contract with them/

12. mstrze macrumors 68000

Why would a company just drop what is essentially one of the most popular consumer products in history? Because of some bad press from a percentage of people having antenna issues?

There is nothing that's going to keep me from ordering my new iPhone 4 over the next month or two. We have great reception in Houston and I always use a cover so any potential issue is null for me.

I would hazard a guess that millions of other people will also be buying this new phone too...despite the media attention.

Yes...good time to just drop the product and move on to something less profitable. :rolleyes:

13. topmounter macrumors 68020

topmounter

Exactly the same likelihood as SJ selling pieces of his old liver on ebay.

14. Antj29 macrumors member

as much chance as ford ceasing to produce cars and becoming a picnic hamper supply company.

15. STEVESKI07 macrumors 68000

STEVESKI07

Well then we would all pick up Android phones and this debate of Android vs. iPhone would finally come to a conclusion. It actually sounds quite nice.

16. fishmoose macrumors 68000

Well I don't know about you but I would buy a Razr (not)

17. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

And then we could have Verizon go out of business, and we wouldn't have to talk about that either.

18. Savor Suspended

Savor

So?

If Apple stops making iPhones, it won't stop me from still using my iP4 as a web browser and iPod.

And guess what? I can always move on to something new because technology keeps evolving. I don't know why these rabid fanboys get so "emo" about anything, thinking suicide. None of these companies care about you except taking your money. It is business, not personal.

I still loved my Sega Dreamcast even when it died so quickly. I will switch to a newer brand once I am a free agent again in June 2012. No worries. Living in an Apple sandbox and their iPhone isn't the end-all and be-all. Life goes on...

19. fishmoose macrumors 68000

I'm pretty sure AT&T would be the one going out of business.

20. itsmemuffins macrumors 68030

itsmemuffins

So you are telling me you wouldn't do a death pact with your iP4 and jump off a cliff?

I bet you would...

21. samcraig macrumors P6

And what if Lehman Brothers... oh wait.. nevermind

22. tigress666 macrumors 68040

You do realize then it would be a debate between which Android phone was better? With a few people lamenting how the iphone was better and should never have died (aren't their still people bitching about Betamax or whatever it was vs. VHS? There were at least 10 years ago and that was still 20 years after the fact).