Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

notintheleast

macrumors 6502
Oct 1, 2008
NC
I would love it very much if verizon got the iPhone. I could actually have signal at my house. As it stands, I have to drive about 2 miles in any direction to get signal. Several of my friends on verizon can make and receive calls at my house on their cellphone, something you can not do from an at&t phone (iphone or otherwise). :(

jav6454

macrumors Core
Nov 14, 2007
1 Geostationary Tower Plaza
People will always bitch. If the iPhone had video, push and MMS people would find something else to bitch about. If the iPhone was Verizon, people would bitch about Verizon's service.

It's human nature.

You sir have +over 9000 internets and +over 9000 rep points....

Human nature, no matter how perfect somethings tends to be, there is always someone to bitch bout it.

kas23

macrumors 603
Oct 28, 2007
You sir have +over 9000 internets and +over 9000 rep points....

Human nature, no matter how perfect somethings tends to be, there is always someone to bitch bout it.

Yes, he put on a perfect display of the behavior he was talking about.

Digital Skunk

macrumors G3
Dec 23, 2006
In my imagination
best buy offers insurance

I know, but does it cover the iPhone? And by that I mean the way most other cells are covered?

If I get my iPhone stolen will Best Buy send me another one for $50?

If my iPhone gets damages will Best Buy fix it scott free?

If no on those two then it's not worth getting one.

davyreins

macrumors 6502
Jul 10, 2008
Ann Arbor
I have been more pleased with the Verizon network, but AT&T is pretty good too. Now that I'm with AT&T, I don't know if I would switch back if both offered it

Luke1robb

macrumors 6502a
May 3, 2008
Cambridge, MA/Smithfield, RI
Lets just say for the sake of argument, Verizon gets the Iphone in the future. I'm curious as to how many current Iphone/ATT customers would switch.

My biggest cause for concern of why this probably won't happen is... how would they price their plans and the phone? I mean, wouldn't they both just price everything the same, cuz if not, they'd lose customers. Right? Also, would Apple have a Verizon iPhone and an AT&T iPhone, like different hardware? I wouldn't think so, as this would be quite confusing for customers, employees and SJ to talk about at anytime. Any thoughts?

kas23

macrumors 603
Oct 28, 2007
I did? And what was I complaining about? I was just stating facts.

You were clearly, without a doubt, complaining about people complaining. I understand it gets old, but it's just the nature of message boards. To be fair, people complaining about the lack of c/p or MMS are stating a well-established fact. But to say that they would complain about something else may very well be 100% true, but at this point, it's just speculation.

tuckerja

macrumors member
Dual GSM and CDMA on Verizon

I heard on a verizon forum from a verizon associate that Verizon is currently working with cell phone makers to make phones that can work natively with CDMA but roam on GSM say for instance if you happen to be in south africa and need to use your cell phone. If this is true, a BIG IF, apple could make one phone that could work on any mobile service. It makes much more sense seeing as verizon is the second biggest network in America and has the most reliable network in America. ATT has the most reliable in the overall world, but not america.

mrtune

macrumors 6502a
Jun 23, 2007
I heard on a verizon forum from a verizon associate that Verizon is currently working with cell phone makers to make phones that can work natively with CDMA but roam on GSM say for instance if you happen to be in south africa and need to use your cell phone. If this is true, a BIG IF, apple could make one phone that could work on any mobile service. It makes much more sense seeing as verizon is the second biggest network in America and has the most reliable network in America. ATT has the most reliable in the overall world, but not america.

Verizon already has phones like this in their lineup. The 8800 blackberry world edition supports sim cards and so does the new blackberry storm.

cjm3113

macrumors 6502
Nov 30, 2008
You were clearly, without a doubt, complaining about people complaining. I understand it gets old, but it's just the nature of message boards. To be fair, people complaining about the lack of c/p or MMS are stating a well-established fact. But to say that they would complain about something else may very well be 100% true, but at this point, it's just speculation.

Ha, I was not complaining at all. It does not bother me that people have complaints. As I said, it is human nature and it is the driving force to our society. If it weren't for complaining, nothing would be improved. Our success comes from others complaints.

You can call it speculation, but it is a fact that the human being is never satisfied.

kas23

macrumors 603
Oct 28, 2007
Ha, I was not complaining at all. It does not bother me that people have complaints. As I said, it is human nature and it is the driving force to our society. If it weren't for complaining, nothing would be improved. Our success comes from others complaints.

You can call it speculation, but it is a fact that the human being is never satisfied.

Oh, my mistake. Based on the tone of your initial post, I thought you were actually againgst this "complaining." But, from your post above, it looks like you actually welcome it as it leads to progress. My bad.

kdarling

macrumors P6
It makes much more sense seeing as verizon is the second biggest network in America ...

By the end of next month, Verizon will be the largest in the USA, because of the Alltel merger.

(Btw, I believe that by area coverage Verizon already was the largest. It just has a lot fewer pay-as-you-go types than ATT... which is why Verizon is more profitable even with fewer customers.)

dccorona

macrumors 68020
Jun 12, 2008
Lets just say for the sake of argument, Verizon gets the Iphone in the future. I'm curious as to how many current Iphone/ATT customers would switch.

no way
verizon would lock the iPhones ability to sync with iTunes to force you to buy music from their crappy VCast because they're greedy

Poat84

macrumors 6502
Nov 21, 2008
What if I was broke,
What if i was slim...
What if I couldn't sing and I didn't win.

Ruben Studdard-What If:rolleyes:

Digital Skunk

macrumors G3
Dec 23, 2006
In my imagination
I wouldn't think so, as this would be quite confusing for customers, employees and SJ to talk about at anytime. Any thoughts?

I don't think it would be confusing at all. Most people don't even know what to do to get the current iPhone, since most customers are pretty blind about what they purchase, it would just be:

"I'll take three iPhones please, one on AT&T and two on Verizon."

Or

"I... I... can get dat wit Verizon or AT&T right? Cool, lemme hav it wit AT&T so I can git dem rollova minutes."

And since technical support at Apple just means replacing the entire phone, it won't be hard for anyone at all.

no way
verizon would lock the iPhones ability to sync with iTunes to force you to buy music from their crappy VCast because they're greedy

No, since AT&T doesn't do that now, and Apple would never agree to give VZW that much control. Even now the only thing that AT&T gets is the 2 year contract, other than that, Apple takes it all.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.