What is Needed to Verify Pickup from UPS Hub?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by spazma7ik, Sep 21, 2015.

1. spazma7ik macrumors 6502a

If I wanted to have UPS hold my package (heh) at the local hub, what exactly is required to sign for it there? The address it is shipping to is DIFFERENT than my DL address. Obviously the name is the same and I would be able to provide the tracking number.. Not sure what they require?

2. flur macrumors 68000

The best way to answer this is to talk to your local hub.

3. spazma7ik thread starter macrumors 6502a

True. Still curious what other's experiences have entailed.. I know many people here use this option.

4. boxermansr macrumors 6502

boxermansr

ID that matches name and address that package is addressed to.

5. spazma7ik thread starter macrumors 6502a

Looks like I'll be setting up shop at the front door complete with a lawn chair and a twelve pack this Friday.

6. caligurl macrumors 68030

caligurl

so since our phone bill is in hubby's name... the phones shipped in his name even though I ordered the phones using my name as billing....

technically I can't pick up the phones then? even though my DL shows the delivery address.... and same last name...???

7. Cnasty macrumors 68020

Cnasty

I just moved and my address isn't the same as my DL either. I wonder if a utility bill will work. Or some other form.

8. lordofthereef macrumors G4

lordofthereef

You might ask if something like a utility bill, alongside your ID, would work (assuming you have something that matches). It's good enough for the DMV and they issue the damn ID lol.

9. boxermansr macrumors 6502

boxermansr

Based on this information http://www.ups.com/content/us/en/shipping/time/service/value_added/hold_pickup.html I doubt they'd accept that - seems a bit nonsensical, but again they have certain liabilities they have to adhere to as well.

I'd give them a call, or use their chat feature on their website and give it a shot though, never hurts to ask.

10. Billymac19 macrumors regular

Billymac19

picked up macbook last week...needed drivers license and tracking number..tracking number I had in a email on my iphone thank god

11. Cnasty macrumors 68020

Cnasty

From ups site

additional charge, UPS can hold your package up to five days

Description UPS will deliver your package to the UPS Customer Center you choose and then call the recipient when the package is ready. Packages are usually available by 8:30 a.m. on the scheduled day of delivery.

Find a UPS Service Location
    Pickup
    Requirements Present the following identification at the time of pickup:

• Recipient: Government-issued photo ID, such as a driver's license, passport, or military ID
    • Recipient's Representative:Company ID or a letter authorizing package release

12. Surfer13134 macrumors 6502a

Same problem here,The account is in a family members name and billing is in my name. I called UPS today and they confirmed the person whos name is on the package has to be the one to pick it up.

13. caligurl macrumors 68030

caligurl

well crap..... I guess i'll just have to wait for my driver then.....

14. flur macrumors 68000

If it were me, I'd take documentation (utility bill, lease, marriage certificate, whatever) and give it a shot.

15. Cnasty macrumors 68020

Cnasty

Yea doesn't say anywhere about address having to match ID and local ups store said not needed as well. Just name on id to match package and it helps to have tracking number as another form of confirmation.

16. Tom G. macrumors 68000

Tom G.

Drivers license
    Fishing license
    Pilots license
    Divers license
    Hunting license
    License license

17. cmcclure88 macrumors member

cmcclure88

Last year I picked mine up from the UPS Hub with just my ID which DOES NOT have a matching address and there was no problem at all.

18. waterskier2007 macrumors 68000

waterskier2007

Not true. I picked up my Apple Watch with my DL that does not have a matching address, only a matching name.

19. AppleFan91 macrumors 65816

AppleFan91

Hopefully I can pick mine up. I have a valid DL obviously, but I moved in January so the address won't match. I'm taking a bank statement and vehicle registration just in case.

20. nostresshere macrumors 68030

Most states require a change within 30 days. Just sayin.

21. AppleFan91 macrumors 65816

AppleFan91

Lol I live in Indiana, we're more concerned with muh guns and teh gays gettin' rights.

22. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

And corn...good Lord, the corn....

23. apfanmom5 macrumors newbie

apfanmom5

I called to have my phone held a few hours ago. The lady at UPS did say the DL address and shipping address had to match. Since I moved recently as well, she said a utility bill would work. Hopefully she's right. No matter, I'll be there at 9am waiting. lol

24. Pinhead117 macrumors newbie

Pinhead117

Sounds like a GREAT idea!