What is the best free tethering program?

ahawks

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 19, 2009
Bowling Green, KY
As what the title says. I am wanting to download a free tethering program for to use to download email attachments while I am away from my office at work. I am just wanting some ideas on what will be the best free program to use when I jailbreak it.

Snowman3459

macrumors 6502a
Jun 15, 2010
Well I do not know of any free tethering app. MyWi cost $20 after a free trial. And thats the best there is. It sure beats AT&T's plan.

andy071202

macrumors member
Jul 14, 2010
As what the title says. I am wanting to download a free tethering program for to use to download email attachments while I am away from my office at work. I am just wanting some ideas on what will be the best free program to use when I jailbreak it.
the 2 options that i know of that work really well are
mywi

next one is goto safari on your iphone and enter this address
http://help.benm.at/
scroll to the bottom and touch tethering
select your country then your carrier then download
after that reboot iphone then goto settings>general>network>and put tethering on
and thats you
i prefer option 2 works great and very easy as you dont need to jailbreak your phone so its a plus plus

GL

ahawks

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 19, 2009
Bowling Green, KY
I can not get the website to work.

the 2 options that i know of that work really well are
mywi

next one is goto safari on your iphone and enter this address
http://help.benm.at/
scroll to the bottom and touch tethering
select your country then your carrier then download
after that reboot iphone then goto settings>general>network>and put tethering on
and thats you
i prefer option 2 works great and very easy as you dont need to jailbreak your phone so its a plus plus

GL

shakesfist

macrumors newbie
Apr 8, 2010
wish people would read
the OP asks for a FREE way to do it
FREE meaning not paying
dont paay for it you can get mywi free also
And this is why people hate Jailbreakers. Just pay for MyWi and enjoy it. Be glad someone put the time and effort to make it soo damn easy.

- edit - Someone edited their post. I know he asked for free, but the only free is software piracy at the moment. We are advising him to just pay for it.

andy071202

macrumors member
Jul 14, 2010
And this is why people hate Jailbreakers. Just pay for MyWi and enjoy it. Be glad someone put the time and effort to make it soo damn easy.

- edit - Someone edited their post. I know he asked for free, but the only free is software piracy at the moment. We are advising him to just pay for it.
and how contradictory are you

mywi can only be used with jailbroken phones

also the web link i gave him is easier its a one click certificate download

noah82

macrumors 6502a
Oct 16, 2008
San Diego, CA
wish people would read
the OP asks for a FREE way to do it
FREE meaning not paying
dont paay for it you can get mywi free also
Of course I read his post, and I replied by telling him to not be cheap. Not sure what was lost in translation there.

The OP even said that he was using it for work, so why doesn't he fill out an expense report for the cost of MyWi?

andy071202

macrumors member
Jul 14, 2010
Of course I read his post, and I replied by telling him to not be cheap. Not sure what was lost in translation there.

The OP even said that he was using it for work, so why doesn't he fill out an expense report for the cost of MyWi?
and under the assumption that his phone is work related

and if it is then most work phones do not cover those kind of expenses

they go for basic packages not top dollar ones

nothing was lost in translation he asked for free and your post is not relevant to OP needs
also you can get mywi free also from the correct source from cydia

noah82

macrumors 6502a
Oct 16, 2008
San Diego, CA
Where can I get MyWi?
Now we're talking! If you have Rock installed, install it straight from Rock. If you don't have Rock, just search for MyWi in Cydia and it will install Rock automatically. You have a free trial period, and after the trial is over you can buy the app using PayPal.

noah82

macrumors 6502a
Oct 16, 2008
San Diego, CA
and under the assumption that his phone is work related

and if it is then most work phones do not cover those kind of expenses

they go for basic packages not top dollar ones

nothing was lost in translation he asked for free and your post is not relevant to OP needs
also you can get mywi free also from the correct source from cydia
MyWi is a "basic" package. Tell your company that you could pay $25/month to tether with ATT or $20 one time to tether with MyWi. See which one they are going to pay for.

andy071202

macrumors member
Jul 14, 2010
Now we're talking! If you have Rock installed, install it straight from Rock. If you don't have Rock, just search for MyWi in Cydia and it will install Rock automatically. You have a free trial period, and after the trial is over you can buy the app using PayPal.

FREE

get the correct repo installed in sources and you get it free without the rock add on tat that goes with it

just search mywi no rock

andy071202

macrumors member
Jul 14, 2010
MyWi is a "basic" package. Tell your company that you could pay $25/month to tether with ATT or $20 one time to tether with MyWi. See which one they are going to pay for.
pmsl

and be part of a fraudelent scheme
i think they would arse and nck him out the door for even being silly enough to say that he can get it illegally

you do know it is illegall right?

doolin.nc

macrumors member
Aug 2, 2010
pmsl

and be part of a fraudelent scheme
i think they would arse and nck him out the door for even being silly enough to say that he can get it illegally

you do know it is illegall right?
No it's not. If it was illegal, someone would be pursuing legal justice. That and they have every right to offer a tethering program.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.