Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mellofello808

macrumors 6502a
Mar 18, 2010
3bvxsrto3ia41.jpg

The place down the street does an amazing grilled pork chop. They serve it with a potato pancake covered in horseradish creme fraiche, and a baked apple.

Delish

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
3bvxsrto3ia41.jpg

The place down the street does an amazing grilled pork chop. They serve it with a potato pancake covered in horseradish creme fraiche, and a baked apple.

Delish

Horseradish creme fraiche? Grilled pork chop and a baked apple? Yum.

I think that I would prefer roasted potatoes to a potato pancake, but it does sound absolutely delicious and a perfect marriage of flavours.

Reactions: Gutwrench

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
8c9q6qef5xa41.jpg

Roadside shrimp truck "surf and turf"

Garlic butter steak, and fresh caught fillets of fish.

We we're eating family style, so I also had a bunch of their garlic jumbo shrimps.

Anyway, the thought of freshly caught fillets of fish, and, better still, garlic jumbo shrimps sounds delicious.

Love the expression on the dog's face.

Edit: Just noticed the reference to garlic butter steak; my eyes had focussed on the word "garlic" but not steak......

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
Agreed.

Were no humans present, that dog would have climbed on one of those benches and polished the lot off effortlessly.

Black labs are able to put away quite a bit by way of forbidden dinners.

Indeed, I've known dog owners who arrived home to find an unusually subdued, head hanging, tail down dog, an animal radiating guilt, one that would hardly look at them, except to lift a pair of warm, adoring, brown doggy eyes in their direction, along with an inevitable wag of the tail.

That alone told them a crime had occurred, most likely of the greedy devouring sort, and would lead to an investigation along the lines of checking out "what had been devoured", followed by a search for clues led by the question "where did the deed occur"?

Usually, of course, as with the picture above, it would have occurred on the table table or a kitchen work top, when some human idiot forgot to keep a close eye on whatever food had been laid out.

I knew a dog that helped himself to some turkey left on the kitchen table - reaching the table via a chair - while his family were enjoying some pre dinner drinks in the adjoining living room as the turkey was resting; his guilty air as he joined them alerted them to the fact that Something Had Happened, most probably to do with the turkey left to rest on the kitchen table, and they scrambled to retrieve the situation, marvelling at how quiet he had been when helping himself.

Last edited:
Reactions: LizKat

Mellofello808

macrumors 6502a
Mar 18, 2010
She is part lab, but mostly Greyhound, so she is very well behaved around food. Hasn't stolen any food in over a year.

The steak smell did have her begging a bit, and she got her portion after we were done and away from the table.

hynezG.gif

Then since she is a good girl we went to the beach to work it off.

Last edited:

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
She is part lab, but mostly Greyhound, so she is very well behaved around food. Hasn't stolen any food in over a year.

The steak smell did have her begging a bit, and she got her portion after we were done and away from the table.

hynezG.gif

Then since she is a good girl we went to the beach to work it off.

I am willing to bet that if temptation - such as steak - existed without human oversight, she might well succumb.

But, anyway, delighted to learn that she got her portion - it must have been difficult for her to control her craving and desire for that succulent and delicious looking piece of meat.

Huntn

macrumors Core
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
For tonight, probably a califlower crust pepperoni pizza.

I am willing to bet that if temptation - such as steak - existed without human oversight, she might well succumb.

But, anyway, delighted to learn that she got her portion - it must have been difficult for her to control her craving and desire for that succulent and delicious looking piece of meat.
How many dogs do I know who live under the table at meal time? Everyone who owns a dog. :)
[automerge]1579120985[/automerge]
Only brats and Doritos. ?
Beer brats? I love’m. :)
[automerge]1579121057[/automerge]
8c9q6qef5xa41.jpg

Roadside shrimp truck "surf and turf"

Garlic butter steak, and fresh caught fillets of fish.

We we're eating family style, so I also had a bunch of their garlic jumbo shrimps.
Look at wheels turning in that dogs head, lol. :)

Last edited:

jbarley

macrumors 601
Jul 1, 2006
Vancouver Island
Leftover reheated curried chicken, (my own recipe).
Don't have the energy or imagination for much these days.
I'm cooking for 1, wife's been in the hospital since the beginning of December.

• Sad

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
nevgkpytxeb41.jpg

Shrimp ceviche tostada

z873p961zeb41.jpg

Barbacoa tacos with consomme and tamarind dipping sauce.

Mouth-watering and thanks for sharing.

Leftover reheated curried chicken, (my own recipe).
Don't have the energy or imagination for much these days.
I'm cooking for 1, wife's been in the hospital since the beginning of December.

That sounds a grim time; hope your wife is better soon, but homemade chicken curry can be delicious, and goes perfectly well with either rice or potatoes.
6fh4aozzlfb41.jpg

Fungi brick fired pizza and a relatively hard to find beer.

Wow.

A serious pizza and a Pliny?

Do enjoy.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.