what is your career or dream career?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by gloryofgreece, Feb 23, 2008.

1. gloryofgreece macrumors member

A student now---studying chemical engineering

Hopefully become a doctor.

WHat is urs?

2. tennisplaayer11 macrumors member

3. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

4. devilot Moderator emeritus

devilot

One of my dream careers would be to be a personal shopper. With extremely wealthy and not-picky clients. :D Who'd just lemme buy stuff for them and not get all whiny or upset about what I chose. I'd take some general guidelines, but yeeaaaaahhhh.... :p

5. ravenvii macrumors 604

ravenvii

Awesome... I'll hire you.

My guideline is simple, just go to the Apple Store and buy up everything they got.

We got a deal? Oh yeah I'm wealthy. Really.

6 months later you sue me for contract infringement*

*hint on what my future career is going to be... FAR from my dream career, however. :(

6. BarryW macrumors member

Current job- Offshore Field Engineer, soon to be fabrication production engineer
    Dream Job(Ever since I can remember)- Pilot
    If I could do it all again job - Doctor/Surgeon( I would have had to work a lot harder in school to get the grades)

7. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

ditto

Hopefully i'll get a job and career in design. Dream job footballer/pilot/policeman/astronaught/fireman (yes I am really 5 on the inside)

Medical or Phd?

8. Frisco macrumors 68020

DJ, but never going to happen. Stuck in corporate America for ever :eek:

9. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

studying tv prod. I want to be the next mark burnett (well known tv producer) Or be in sports production with an NHL team either Rangers Bruins or with NHL in general. In the spring i graduate and hopefully get a PA job where i'm interning

10. basesloaded190 macrumors 68030

basesloaded190

im with you on the hockey job..i could be a manager for a team and do nothing but sharpen skates, fill water bottles and make sure all their sticks are on the bench and i would be a very very happy man!

11. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Professional Booby-Feeler. Quality Assurance is of vital importance in my field. This requires 100% dedication of my time and effort, and so I spend most of my day with my hands full.

</dream>

How about becoming a Medical Physicist in the future, creating radiation treatment plans specifically designed for the patient, research to improve current techniques and technology, etc. It's not as glamourous, but it's OK. I don't know where I'll work, though. I'm kind of limited to hospitals and universities. :eek: I hate that. I kind of wish I studied business. That's the sort of thing I was always naturally good at, and it's something that would have gotten me out of higher education in 4 years.

12. Keebler macrumors 68030

wow. i can't believe it took 10 posts before someone said something like 'p)orn star' or 'booby feeler' :) b/c that's what I was thinking. :)

I guess my dream job would be a wildlife photographer or a hunting/fishing guide. Both would put me far away from urbanized BS for a good chunk of time. i always wanted to do the photography, but never pursued it for a number of reasons. I finally have a dslr and am reading about the photography world and shooting as much as I can to learn. We'll see where it ends up.

i've been chased by a turkey and stalked to within a few feet of deer so i think i've got the balls for it :) (yes, or the stupidity for it ;) The turkey chase wasn't funny at the time b/c i'm not a tall guy and they can jump with their sharp talons. Thank God I had my mountain bike to defend myself. Now that I can look back and laugh, I realize why those people stopping alongside the road were laughing so hard :) lol

Cheers,
    Keebler

13. shecky Guest

shecky

dream job: graphic designer, studio owner/principal, design educator, and artist.

current job: see above :)

14. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

You should have basted that mutha****a.....basted him up good.

15. SamIchi macrumors 68030

SamIchi

Umm Rock Star, no ones mentioned Rock Star? I guess that would get annoying after a while though. Maybe more a of a Jack Johnson type of Rock Star.

16. dmr727 macrumors G3

dmr727

Being a pilot has been my dream job since I can remember. And well, that's what I do. It sure can suck at times, but overall I haven't been disappointed. I'm glad I didn't do the airline thing, though.

17. Xfujinon macrumors 6502

I am on track to do my dream job: medical doctor.

Of course, I could be picky:

1. I want to practice in a small town
    2. I want to practice in a small town with no crime
    3. I want to make enough money to build and design my own home
    4. I want to have a four-day work week, 4 x 12 hour shifts
    5. I want to take a 3-week vacation each year to a new place
    6. I want to live in a scenic area to whet my photographic appetite
    7. I want to have enough time to volunteer without feeling cramped

Maybe these things will happen, maybe they won't. In any case, on track to doing the dream job (although there is MUCH about it that is neither glamorous nor dreamy, considering the current state of health care).

18. lostfan916 macrumors 6502a

lostfan916

My dream job would be to be a graphic designer for Apple :cool:

19. heehee macrumors 68020

heehee

My dream job would be a Formula one driver, see avatar.:D

20. SkyBell macrumors 604

SkyBell

I would love to be an EMT. However, I'm too darn lazy to do all the school that's required.:eek:

21. wongulous macrumors 6502a

Industrial or Academic Psychologist and freelance graphic/print designer. And also travelling activist speaker.

22. rhsgolfer33 macrumors 6502a

Currently working towards my "dream job" (realistic one anyway) of becoming an accounting professor. Good average starting pay (greater than $90k), good benefits (health, retirement, 3 months off a year, tenure), free schooling plus a stipend at the PhD level, and I'd get to hang around a lot of very smart and hopefully interesting people for many years, sounds like a good deal to me. Two more years of undergrad accounting, then its PhD, MS, and MBA application time. Sounds like it'll be a little better than becoming an attorney like I originally wanted to be.

23. motulist macrumors 601

motulist

Rock star, definitely. Not that flash in the pan kind though, the kind that's a long career of rockin awesome music and great times my whole life through many decades right up until I die suddenly at a pretty old age.

A willie nelson sort comes to mind.

24. erickkoch macrumors 6502a

Movie critic. I'd get paid to watch movies all day and tell everybody which movies suck.

25. BCains macrumors regular

current job: part time recording engineer / retail
    dream job: full time recording engineer overseas

:rolleyes: