Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Daveman Deluxe

macrumors 68000
Jun 17, 2003
Corvallis, Oregon
Right now, I'm working as a product tester at a software company that makes a flight simulator for hobby radio controlled aircraft. It's pretty fun, but I really don't think that I'll want to be here longer than five years.

I have a couple of dream careers. I would LOVE to be a writer. I love writing short fiction, I love writing art and literature criticism, and I love writing about theology. Right now I'm dabbling in serious writing with my blog, but the long term plan right now is to go to seminary and become a pastor, and spend some time writing as I do that. Being a pastor or a professor of theology would both be excellent too.

Another dream of mine is to start up a coffee shop/church. Monday through Saturday, it would be a coffee shop; Sunday morning we'd have our church service there.

cantthinkofone

macrumors 65816
Jul 25, 2004
Missouri, USA
My current job title is application's tech 1. aka, clean room rat. i slave away inside a clean room making parts for customers, and huff chemicals. i don't get headaches any more, and they are starting to smell good ;)

i don't see the job going very far. not far enough to be paid enough to do what i want to do.

my dream job....hmm. my dream job would probably be to work for Ferrari. i don't really have a dream job. working in general has never interested me. if i can build my dream home and own a LS460L before im 45 i'll be happy. just have to find a job that i like and pays well enough.

any ideas?

marclapierre13

macrumors 6502a
Jul 7, 2005
Current job: Resort Front Desk Attendant.
Dream Job: Not 100% sure yet, but I want to do something that gives a bit of excitement, and some adventurous experiences, and also makes decent money. Perhaps a manager of a resort one day? I want something that I will love doing, and not get bored of. Money isnt everything if you hate what you do...

I3eXa

macrumors 6502
Aug 24, 2004
IdaPIMP
I have and still want to always become a WRC rally car driver. Or maybe just run the helicopter coverage of the events....I do have my private helicopter license so I on the right track....just in the wrong country :(

yg17

macrumors Pentium
Aug 1, 2004
St. Louis, MO
Current job: I work at the IT Help Desk for the university where I'm a student. Not bad, pay could be better, but for a student, it's not bad.

Dream job: Wouldn't mind being a host of Top Gear. Drive fast cars and be rich and famous :D

Melrose

Suspended
Dec 12, 2007
I would like a job that was creative enough to not get boring or monotonous after three years and left you with a sense of accomplishment.

Or a job that takes care of itself (like one of those high-paying online jobs where you check it once a week) and then volunteer for community projects the rest of the time...

Plymouthbreezer

macrumors 601
Feb 27, 2005
Massachusetts
Industrial Designer, or general artist. I'm going to art school for the former, so I hope to land a job in that field, obviously.

I would love to be a police office/firefighter, but I don't think that's what I'd ever end up doing.

mactastic

macrumors 68040
Apr 24, 2003
Colly-fornia
Current job: Unlicensed architect.
Dream job: Licensed architect.

God DAMN it takes a long time to become an architect. Less than a year to go though, assuming I can pass the remaning six licensing exams.

aethelbert

macrumors 601
Jun 1, 2007
Chicago, IL, USA
I'm currently working for Lufthansa and for four summers I manage operations out of European airports for a group of airlines called "star alliance." Last year was Milan, this summer is Paris-CDG. About three weekends a month, I fly to Germany for a meeting and then fly home the next day. For being only sixteen, I love this job and wouldn't have any problems with doing this is thirty years. Thank you to the federal government for this oppurtunity.

gmecca2

macrumors regular
Jan 17, 2008
Dream Job: Commercial Real Estate Analyst or Financial Advisor

Current Job: Substitute Teacher. (Wow is this job underpaid and how kids have changed)

AlexH

macrumors 68020
Mar 7, 2006
Dream career: Writer, theologian, and professor.
Currently working towards those goals... :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.