What is your favorite Apple Store?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by applefan289, Sep 24, 2011.

1. applefan289 macrumors 68000

Out of the 300+ stores, which is your personal favorite and why?

Mine is the one in Coconut Point in Estero, Florida. The atmosphere there is so nice near the ocean, and it's so relaxed.

http://www.apple.com/retail/coconutpoint/

2. Moyank24 macrumors 601

Moyank24

It's very...pastel. :eek:

That being said, I don't know if I have a favorite, but this one is the location I visit the most as it's the closest to the homestead.

The Woodlands

3. ChristianJapan macrumors 601

ChristianJapan

I have only a relative stupid answer to that, sorry:

My favorite Apple Store is the one close to me, right now the one in Shibuya, Tokyo.

4. applefan289 thread starter macrumors 68000

lol The one in Estero is not close to me, I just happened to visit it and liked it a lot. When I choose my favorite Apple store I also take the environment into account. Most Apple stores are in congested areas, hence I picked an Apple store that is in a very suburban non-congested area. In fact, that mall is about the most congestion in Estero.

5. ECUpirate44 macrumors 603

ECUpirate44

My puny little apple store in Rockaway, NJ. It's the size of a Hot Topic.

6. Tomorrow macrumors 604

Tomorrow

As if we've visited all of them...

My favorite is Stonebriar in Frisco, TX. I was there for opening day quite by chance - I didn't even know the store was there, but I happened to be there the day it opened. It was right after Snow Leopard was released.

7. applefan289 thread starter macrumors 68000

Well, there's a bunch of pictures of each one on Apple's site. That's how I've gotten a glimpse of almost all of them!

That is one small store.

8. (marc) macrumors 6502a

(marc)

9. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

I've only been to one Apple store: Yorkdale.

Only once, 3 1/2 years ago. No need to return. ;)

10. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

The one closest to me. I don't visit apple stores for the sake of visiting them. I go there to spend what little money that I don't have :p

11. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

The one I visit all of the time... Lenox Square, Atlanta

Going there today actually to play with the MBA and check it out

12. aziatiklover macrumors 68030

aziatiklover

13. rick snagwell, Sep 24, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 24, 2011
  14. applefan289 thread starter macrumors 68000

Your link is broken.

----------

I used to go to Apple stores all the time just to play around with the products there...until I started getting palpitations. :eek:

I get palpitations around areas with a ton of Wi-Fi. Don't know if it's just coincidence or what. But I've stopped going to Apple stores because of this. It also happened to me at Best Buy.

I would be curious to take one of those radiation-sensors and see the level of radiation in a typical Apple store. It would probably show some considering all the cell phone/radio frequency activity at any given moment.

Technically, Wi-Fi is probably not harmful, but a small minority of people like me may be sensitive to it. They say that a 20 minute cell phone call is equivalent to 1 year of Wi-Fi as far as radiation goes. But the only difference is that the radiation with the phone call is only during the conversation. With Wi-Fi, it's happening constantly and it's everywhere. So yeah, pretty scary.

Because of this, I've decided to turn my Time Capsule off at night, and I moved my cordless phone base station to a more distant place in my house.

15. Huntn, Sep 24, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2011

Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

I prefer the The Apple Store Mall of America, however 30 min ago, I made the mistake of venturing into the Apple Store, 5th Ave, NYC. Don't ever go into there unless you have no other choice. An absolute ZOO and they didn't even have any info on the new expected iphones, at least they werent talk'n. :rolleyes:

MOA, not NYC:
    [​IMG]

16. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

In a similar vein, my favourite is the online one since there are no official physical ones in NZ.

17. SandboxGeneral Moderator

SandboxGeneral

Staff Member

There are two equally distant from me. Both are about a 50 minute drive. But I prefer the Apple Store at Partridge Creek. It's an outdoor mall with heated sidewalks which stay dry in the winter. They also have outdoor fireplaces to huddle next to.

[​IMG]

18. applefan289 thread starter macrumors 68000

I love high end outdoor malls. They have a certain atmosphere that indoor malls don't have. :)

19. DW58 macrumors regular

DW58

Those of us who have the privilege not to reside in the US, aren't blessed with an Apple Store on ever street corner. My nearest (Aberdeen, Scotland) is seventy five miles away and I love it. There are currently only three stores in Scotland (needless to say England has more than its fair proportion of UK's total) so I consider myself lucky to have one relatively close by.

20. Tiggs macrumors 6502

The design of the Apple Store on 5th Ave. is pretty iconic. The one at the Louvre and the China cylinder one rank up there as well.

21. applefan289 thread starter macrumors 68000

22. skyton macrumors 6502

23. applefan289 thread starter macrumors 68000

24. Tycoonguy macrumors regular

[​IMG]

I live about 50 minutes away from Partridge creek as well. I've been to other store but I find the creek has the best atmosphere and friendlier people. The only down side is waiting for the iPad2 or the iPhone 5 in the cold. :D

25. Shrink macrumors G3

Shrink

Being the lazy bastard that I am, my favorite store is the one closest to me.:eek:

It's not the newest or biggest, but my experience there has been great. The folks at the genius bar have always been very helpful and pleasant, as has been the manager, who went out of his way to help me.

So it may not be the most impressive architecturally, but the people make it my favorite store. :D