what kind of mouse and kb do you use?

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by BeyondMountains, Feb 13, 2009.

1. BeyondMountains macrumors 6502

Post links!!!
    I need a replacement for this half sized kb and mightygarbage.

Whatchu got?

2. iParis macrumors 68040

iParis

So you're using an Apple Keyboard and Might Mouse? What reasons do you have for not liking them?

3. grue macrumors 65816

Apple wired keyboard (aluminium). I'd still be using an AEKII if I could.

Logitech MX Revolution.

4. grue macrumors 65816

Mighty Mouse is a piece of trash. Given the choice between being raped by an AIDS-infected psychopath or using a Mighty Mouse for the rest of my life, I'd have to sit there and think about it for a few minutes.

Then I'd take the rape, because at least there's hope for a cure.

5. iSaygoodbye macrumors 6502a

iSaygoodbye

holy my gosh that isnt the effin funniest thing ive read in forever. thank you hahahahahaha :p:p:p:p:D:D:D:D:):):):rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

6. galstaph macrumors 6502a

galstaph

I use a logitech s530 wireless desktop... not sure if it is still in production but it has been an excellent buy.

7. iParis macrumors 68040

iParis

How long did yours' last? I've had mine about two months, no problems. Although, I sometimes need to clean the scroll ball and keyboard, I hate having my computer stuff dirty.

8. grue macrumors 65816

Depends, but even when the scroll ball works I hate the mouse. You can't use both top buttons at the same time, and the side buttons are an ergonomic nightmare.

9. drewsof07 macrumors 68000

drewsof07

10. Egoist macrumors newbie

MX Revolution and the previous generation of apple wireless keyboard.

I think MX Revolution cost me about 100$ in Norway, but damn it's worth every cent :> Was a bit sceptical in the start, but it's really great.

11. bozz2006 macrumors 68030

bozz2006

apple plastic keyboard. optical mouse that i bought along with my gateway laptop in 2002.

12. iParis macrumors 68040

iParis

Well, I'm on a PC using the Mighty Mouse, and yes, the side buttons are a pain. I figured that they were both doing the same thing because I'm using a Windows, maybe not though. I don't really use the side buttons anyways and I don't think I have reason to press the right click and left click at the same time.

EDIT: I was using either the VX or MX (I think it was MX) revolution on one of the computers that one of the counselors at my school had and it is actually really, really nice. Too bad I didn't know about it's existence until two weeks after I got a Mighty Mouse.

13. JesterJJZ macrumors 68020

JesterJJZ

I recently got 5 classic "pro" keyboards off ebay for $60 bucks. Should last me a while, at least until they phase out the latest laptopish BS one they have now. I hate that thing.

14. ncc1701d macrumors 6502

I can't speak for the OP, but I've had to babysite mine with the constant cleaning of the top scroll button wheel thing. i never know when it will work properly or when it will just scroll down regardless of which way you want to go. The MX looks as though it wins. I also have a wireless keyboard and it is constantly loosing its detection. When I get my Mac Pro, I'll be getting a wired apple keyboard and looking back at this thread to see if there are any more recommendations on mice.

15. inigel macrumors regular

inigel

I use both the Logitech MX Revolution mouse and G15 keyboard. The mouse is awesome, I like the feel of it.

But I love the G15 better! Logitech have released Mac drivers! Recording Macros on the fly is a handy feature when I'm mucking about in Photoshop, and even better for gaming in Windows.

There is two issues I have have with the G15 though. The G15 application has to be open in OS X so the macros will function and the recording on the fly works. I just replaced the G-series profiler application with a nicer icon to rest in my dock and all is well. Also when the LCD screen has the iTunes music display app running, iTunes will not close! Everytime you quit, it just forces itself open. I just removed that app from the KB and all is well.

Another problem, it took me days to work out that F12 is eject on non-Apple keyboards!

Attached Files:

16. Ploki macrumors 68000

alu wired and mighty mouse.
    i dont care that much...

17. eXan macrumors 601

eXan

On iMac I use the default Apple plastic kb + Logitech MX500 mouse

On MacBook I use the built-in kb and Razer Copperhead mouse.

18. simplymuzik3 macrumors 6502a

I use the white (apple style) rocketfish bluetooth mouse, and a black old apple pro keyboard. The mouse works really well, and its pretty sensitive. Im planning on buying a new keyboard. I was looking at the apple wired aluminum keyboad, but now im not so sure anymore. Can anyone recommend any cheaper keyboards that work well with macs. Thanks.

19. xraydoc macrumors demi-god

xraydoc

Apple wired aluminum keyboard and Logitech VX Revolution mouse. I actually really like the keyboard, and the mouse fits my hand quite well. I find the MX Revolution too big.

20. pastrychef macrumors 601

pastrychef

I normally use a wireless Apple keyboard (the first one, not the one with the chicklet keys) and an Apple wireless Mighty Mouse. But when I have to really type, I have a Matias Tactile Pro. The reason why I don't use the Tactile Pro everyday is because it truly does get a bit noisy.

21. Macpropro80 macrumors 6502

Bella Pro series editing keyboard for Final Cut Pro
    Logitech Revolution wireless desktop mouse.

22. rph105 macrumors 6502

rph105

You just made me piss myself!

23. chachawpi macrumors member

24. wpc33 macrumors 6502

wpc33

I got a wired alu. KB off Craigs. Best keyboard ever.

Mouse? The cheapest not-bad mouse I could find; Microsoft, 2-button, scroll-wheel, wired, optical. $9.95
    I do wish I had an ergonomic mouse(that isn't too huge) and a laser, as I use odd surfaces.

25. Chaywa macrumors member

Regular old wired white (pre aluminum) keyboard.

And a Microsoft wireless mouse. I know, I know "Microsoft?" But it is the best feeling mouse I have used and the scroll wheel/5 buttons work so well.