What kind of Mouse do you use for your MB ?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by alex000it, Oct 22, 2008.

1. alex000it macrumors member

Are you using the trackpad or do you use a mouse?

I'm not sure wich mouse to buy. Do you think that :apple:'s mighty mouse is worth it's price or do you thik that I can get more for the money?

2. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

Wirelessly posted via a group of monkeys using a typewriter / Ribbon 1.1 / Paper 2.0

Kensington Expert Trackball - pricey, but well worth it.

3. GfulDedFan macrumors 65816

GfulDedFan

4. lasuther macrumors 6502a

I own two Might Mouse (BT and corded). I am also a huge Apple Fanboy with far to many Apple products.

Let me say that the Apple Mighty Mouse is the worse mouse I have ever used. The button on the Bluetooth mouse doesn’t work right. The scroll wheel on both is difficult to clean and gets messed up quickly. Right clicking isn’t very smooth.

After owning many different Apple products, I am very surprised they completely screwed up with the Mighty Mouse. It’s the only thing I’ve ever bought from Apple that I’ve been very disappointed in.

Right now I’m looking for another BT mouse to buy. Let me know if you have any good suggestions.

5. Nania macrumors newbie

I can only agree that the mighty mouse is a piece of crap... it feels really uncomfortable to use, and the quality of it feels really "plasticky"
    I use a Logitech vx nano. Works like a charm and fits my hand perfectly (I have small hands though)

6. juanster macrumors 68020

juanster

lol i use a cheap 9.99 basic microsoft mouse, greatest 10 bucks i ve ever spent, i love it...

7. richard.mac macrumors 603

richard.mac

let me be the first to say that the Mighty Mouse is fine for me. but you have to keep its shell and your tracking area pretty clean. it has a habit of getting dirt where your thumb and fingers go. i just wipe it with my shirt. i dont really have to clean the nipple regularly. but when it quits responding a simple nipple massage on my pants does the trick! i think i have OCD.

8. hogfaninga macrumors 65816

hogfaninga

I use the Kensington Si670m Bluetooth mouse and love it. $30 at Amazon and well worth it IMO. The batteries (uses 2 AA) last a longggggggg time before needing replacement and it is a good size when you need to travel with it.

9. Beric macrumors 68020

Beric

Logitech V470. Bought it off Amazon for $39. Works incredible. No lag whatsoever, so I use it for gaming no prob.

10. Yoda3984 macrumors member

Yoda3984

Logitech VX Nano. Bought it for the laptop I had (which didn't have Bluetooth) before I bought my first MacBook. I just haven't seen the need to buy a Bluetooth mouse instead. . .yet.

Anyway, I find it to be about the best mouse I've ever used, portable or otherwise. I love the little micro-receiver, too.

11. alex000it thread starter macrumors member

intresting... it seams that the mighty mice isn't that good as I thought.
    Does any BT mouse work with leopard or do I need OSX drivers?

12. YouArentJ macrumors member

YouArentJ

13. hogfaninga macrumors 65816

hogfaninga

All you have to do with the one I mentioned is put the 2 batteries which are provided and turn the on button on. It is good to go. Your Mac will recognize it immediately. I'm sure the other mouses people mentioned do that as well.

14. ibosie macrumors 6502

ibosie

Apple bluetooth mighty mouse - but you need to keep it clean as already mentioned otherwise it screws up.

15. 199708 macrumors 6502

16. hogfaninga macrumors 65816

hogfaninga

My BT mouse isn't laggy at all. Best mouse I have ever had.

17. pol0001 macrumors 6502

pol0001

An optical mouse from Logitech for Windows games. Otherwise I am a die hard trackpad user. :p

18. steve31 macrumors 6502a

steve31

+2 for VX Nano. I love the size of this mouse. I cant find a Bluetooth mouse that can compare to the Nano. It would be great if Logitech came out with a Bluetooth version of the Nano.

19. 199708 macrumors 6502

+3 for me, I'll be after a mouse soon or thinking i should hold out till last minute when i need that extra port, then get a bluetooth, hopefully tehre will be some updates by then.

20. sangosimo Guest

sangosimo

I have an mx518 but I am probably going to pic up a v450 or v470

21. vincenz macrumors 601

vincenz

22. srl7741 macrumors 68020

srl7741

Ditto.

I even purchased 3 so that I would never be without. VX Nano is a great mouse.

23. ChocoboNL macrumors member

Logitech VX Nano is great~

Many have said it before, but, just to emphasize it even more.. I'd say you can't go wrong with a Logitech VX Nano. Although mine's broken atm, hehe.

24. Enterprise8875 macrumors member

I use a Logitech MX 900 bluetooth mouse. I hate wires and if your laptop has bluetooth you should be using it in my book. Oh and amazing mouse, feels really good in the hand, great click, and a great scroll wheel.