Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

alphatectz

macrumors 6502a
Nov 20, 2008
New York, NY
well lets see all my iPhones had a screen protector on and cases lets go down the list....

2g was naked, been threw a lot, so many freaking dents.

3g I had an incase slider (never again) it messed up the back a lot.

As for my 3Gs im using a Power Support AirJacket (Clear) & a Marware CEO Glide. (I know I know, I over did it but I cant deal with dents, messed up bezels and so on.....)
The Power Support AirJacket doesn't mess up the bezel, it's the fools that take it off that wrong way that ruins it.)

Both cases are sweet and work well together. Other then that i'm :D.

sk2sep2304

macrumors regular
Jun 18, 2009
Bestscreensever's simple back and this...

IMG_1369.jpg

SFStateStudent

macrumors 604
Aug 28, 2007
San Francisco California, USA
No IS, this time around, and no screen protector. I'm sticking with the Incipio Ultra Light Feather - Black $19.99 plus tax, but they are totally sold out online. I just love the feel of the glass w/o screen protector; also much easier to keep clean and to clean...:cool::cool::cool:

m4rkie23

macrumors member
Jul 1, 2009
got the white incipio feather on my white 3GS. love it! had some other people with 3GS's impressed with it too! wouldnt go for any other case tbh

instaxgirl

macrumors 65816
Mar 11, 2009
Edinburgh, UK
Incase Slider and a screen protector on my 2G. I like the case, makes the whole thing feel more solid. The fact that pretty much every scratchable surface is covered makes me happy 'cause then I can just throw it in my bag and pull it out my bag without worrying that I'm going to see a scratch.

When it was naked I kept it in one pocket alone, if I accidentally put my keys or something, even change, in there with it I had a quick moment of panic.

I really don't want to scratch the screen.

rebecca.x

macrumors member
Jul 21, 2009
I use a cheap silicon £12 Carphone Warehouse case. It's not fancy and probably a bit crap compared to what some people have but it does the job fine for me :)

5jhud88

macrumors newbie
Jul 23, 2009
I use the speck candy shell case, which is the best out there in my opinion. It has a hard plastic exterior, but a rubberized interior for protection wen u drop it.

hsk

macrumors regular
Jan 17, 2009
Austin, TX
I have had a 3GS for about a month - my first iPhone. I don't typically like anything on my phones, but the iPhone is too thin and slippery by itself for my usage. Had an Incase Slider and that felt too bulky. My daughter likes it and now has it. I have a Reveal on right now, but after 2 days, it too is slick and the scratches on the back (plus watermarks) is starting to bother me. It's going back.

I am trying to decide on a Candyshell or Air Supply/Feather. I know - 2 really different cases and the Candyshell will be close to the Slider in size and bulk. Part of me wants to encase the phone to completely protect it and part of me wants to have a sleek, minimally protected phone. I take good care of my phones, but need something "grippy".

I don't think I will cover the screen though - it is too nice as is.

JROD333

macrumors newbie
Jun 18, 2009
Skynet sent me an Otterbox Defender through time to protect my iphone here in this time...haha...ANYways

solideliquid

macrumors 6502
Aug 8, 2008
Bestscreensever's simple back and this...

IMG_1369.jpg

I used a similar case and it scuffed the chrome. It seemed some dust got in and the edge comes right up to the chrome (not the end with the opening). I guess this trapped the dust onto the chrome and rubbed a small scratch when I put the phone in.

Now I'm using a moshi iGlaze case (really minimal bulk), and a powersupport anti-glare screen. I also just got the moshi ipouch which is great and even has a small pouch in front for the ear buds.

fr00b

macrumors regular
Mar 31, 2009
UK
Incase Bamboo Slider in Olive, and a Power Support Anti Glare. I love the Slider Bamboo :D

gregslc66

macrumors newbie
Jun 8, 2009
Full body invisible shield & a red iFrogz case. I use the sendstation dock extender & the case never comes off. It's the perfect setup (for me). :)

alphatectz

macrumors 6502a
Nov 20, 2008
New York, NY
I used a similar case and it scuffed the chrome. It seemed some dust got in and the edge comes right up to the chrome (not the end with the opening). I guess this trapped the dust onto the chrome and rubbed a small scratch when I put the phone in.

Now I'm using a moshi iGlaze case (really minimal bulk), and a powersupport anti-glare screen. I also just got the moshi ipouch which is great and even has a small pouch in front for the ear buds.

Screen shot of the moshi ipouch. :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.