Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

What to Expect at Apple's September 2019 Event: New iPhones, Apple Watch Models, Services Updates and More

PickUrPoison

macrumors G3
Sep 12, 2017
Sunnyvale, CA
Is it really "innovation" or is it saying "you Apple users seem to be too dumb to look after our products; we'll do it for you (but give us money for our solution)"
1) Yes, it’s really innovation.

2) It’s saying:

"you Apple users people seem to be too dumb preoccupied, forgetful, busy or possibly have other household members who move your stuff to look after our products; we'll do it for you (but give us money for our solution isn’t free as we’re not a non-profit)"

“We’re really excited about the innovative technology of Apple Tag, and we think you’re going to love it!” —Tim Apple

FTFY ;)

Last edited:
Comment

newyorksole

macrumors 601
Apr 2, 2008
New York.
Hoping for leaks of the actual keynote today...
A forum like this should have insiders hired by now after so many years.

You have to assume a very limited amount of (fairly high profile) people have actually seen the keynote and none of them are willing to put their job at risk to leak a spoiler the day before...
[doublepost=1568016598][/doublepost]
I think you underestimate it. Just because it may not be for you, doesn't mean it's not for other people.

Thankkkk you. Every year. Actually every DAY people underestimate Apple and can’t fathom anyone being interested in whatever Apple is doing. I will never understand that logic. It blows my mind.

Reactions: Dave245
Comment

Biu_miu

macrumors regular
Aug 29, 2016
In the minority here, but I'm more excited about the possibility for a 2nd gen iPhone SE next year.

Definitely not in a minority, Apple just will not be able to get as much money from it as from more expensive iPhones, I guess that's why they aren not pushing this one too much...
Meanwhile, It is really hard to be excited for iPhone announcements, we kinda know, this is not a big upgrade, we kinda know, how they will look, only question is about the price, just put it in shelves already and be done with it. Really, for me this might be the most boring announcement of the whole presentation. ATV + and Arcade prices would be more intriguing, and i'm even gonna subscribe to them..

Reactions: Phoenix1000
Comment

sammy2066

macrumors 6502a
Oct 3, 2007
If they come out with a 64 GB base model this year, I will boycott Apple products for life. Same applies if they bundle a 5W charger in the box or if anyone during the keynote calls this year's design 'all-new'.

Comment

theluggage

macrumors 601
Jul 29, 2011
I am hoping for a “one More Thing....” of exactly that, and still a 27 inch as well, a set of 5K monitors to choose from.
The real important bit is they go with a new Mac Pro for the rest of us.
Bonus shock if either an AMD CPU, or Apple makes Nvidia drivers.

Even if those things were likely,
A: They would be unlikely to launch them at the September event, which is invariably reserved for “mass market” products.
B: They would be unlikely to announce any new Mac Pro-like products before the Mac Pro itself is actually in the shops and they’ve seen how many hardcore Apple fans will pay $6k just to get a headless Mac with a decent GPU. Don’t underestimate it. If a Mac Pro “lite” was in the immediate pipeline, I suspect they would have announced it as part of the new Mac Pro range.

If they have got pushback on the Mac Pro/display price, then I think the most we could expect this year is a better deal on the entry-level model (maybe throw in 1TB SSD as an introductory offer). Not saying that’s likely, either- certainly not tomorrow.

If the tag line is anything other than an “our product good. Buy product” slogan, my money is on an invitation-only trial of a new service like Arcade.

Comment

WatchAndWait

Suspended
Sep 2, 2019
1) Yes, it’s really innovation.

2) It’s saying:

"you Apple users people seem to be too dumb preoccupied, forgetful, busy or possibly have other household members who move your stuff to look after our products; we'll do it for you (but give us money for our solution isn’t free as we’re not a non-profit)"

“We’re really excited about the innovative technology of Apple Tag, and we think you’re going to love it!” —Tim Apple

FTFY ;)
perhaps I'm weird (I DON'T LOOSE MY STUFF)

Comment

realtuner

Suspended
Mar 8, 2019
Canada
I think if it was anything major, it would of leaked by now. We already know about the iPhone's for this year and the Apple Watch updates.

There’s lots of things we’ve missed this year. Where are all the shots of the front and rear chassis? The motherboard? Camera assembly (internal, not the rumored outside square hump)?

Also remember Apple was able to keep the 64bit A7 and 64bit iOS a secret. That caught everyone completely off guard.

Comment

Dave245

macrumors G3
Sep 15, 2013
There’s lots of things we’ve missed this year. Where are all the shots of the front and rear chassis? The motherboard? Camera assembly (internal, not the rumored outside square hump)?

Also remember Apple was able to keep the 64bit A7 and 64bit iOS a secret. That caught everyone completely off guard.

Since the design is rumoured to remain the same, maybe leakers thought it pointless to risk their jobs getting shots of the internals.

I’m not saying there won’t be any surprises, I just don’t think they will be major like AR glasses. If that was the case I think Mark Gurman or Ming-Chi Kuo would of said.

Comment

citysnaps

macrumors 604
Oct 10, 2011
San Francisco
Is it really "innovation" or is it saying "you Apple users seem to be too dumb to look after our products; we'll do it for you (but give us money for our solution)"

No, it is truly innovation. Do you need some technical details/backup?

Regarding how you feel about other people being inferior to yourself, well, that's your issue.
[doublepost=1568038245][/doublepost]
I see what you get at but is it really?

Sure it is. And it's very clever technically.

Comment

Bawstun

macrumors 68000
Jun 25, 2009
They’re really testing the limits of their arrogance with this new iPhone camera monstrosity. The absurdity of using the same housing yet again and just slapping on the ugliest protruding camera yet because you don’t want to drop the notch and piss people off yet is *absurd.* The idea that these phones won’t lead to a drop off in sales is a magical idea that belongs in the land of unicorns and fairy godmothers.

Comment

darrens

macrumors member
iPhone 8 is still a great phone. FaceID is not that great even on my XS. Personally I’d like to go to an in screen TouchID.

For my use, I can't see a reason to go for an iPhone 8 over an iPhone 7 if you don't want wireless charging. I agree that in-screen TouchID would be another significant update that might be worth having.

The iPhone 7 is now "ancient" - my wife has an iPhone 7 Plus for 3 years and she's due for a replacement but... there's no phone to upgrade to that's sort-of affordable (around AUD$1100 which is what she paid for the iPhone 7 Plus), has been released in the last year and has a dual lens camera (she likes photography). The battery has been replaced so I suppose it's good for another few years.

I think there are a lot of people like me that have been with Apple a long time (I had a Macintosh SE) who would like to stick with Apple but are finding it really hard to justify an upgrade to the new iPhones right now. Hopefully that changes soon or the sales are really going to drop off.

Comment

drcre8tive

macrumors member
Jul 28, 2014
New Orleans
"...rumors about Apple Pencil support for the 2019 iPhones, but those rumors were all from sketchy sources"

Drumroll, fill, cymbal crash. One could say the rumors really draw you to the story.

Comment

acctman

macrumors 65816
Oct 26, 2012
Georgia
I'm not excited this year... what Samsung and other top phone makers are doing is impressive... what Apple is doing is just sad. The 2yr iPhone upgrade is what, A camera improvement and a reverse wires charging element? Sure there are possible color changes and processor improvements but really this years iPhone is a bore... spending $1200+ for mediocre improvements?. The hype is fading fast, my opinion

Reactions: jbachandouris
Comment

Chris The Bipolarbear

macrumors 6502
Nov 14, 2016
Волгоград
I'm not excited this year... what Samsung and other top phone makers are doing is impressive... what Apple is doing is just sad. The 2yr iPhone upgrade is what, A camera improvement and a reverse wires charging element? Sure there are possible color changes and processor improvements but really this years iPhone is a bore... spending $1200+ for mediocre improvements?. The hype is fading fast, my opinion
A money making exercise

Comment

justperry

macrumors G4
Aug 10, 2007
I'm a rolling stone.
Right? They should just make the whole iPhone thicker to match the hump. That way, although the iPhone is thicker, they will have more space for better camera sensors and battery. I would love for the iPhone to have a 3-chip sensor.

I wouldn't mind a slightly thicker phone, this (hump) is a disgrace.

Comment

Banglazed

macrumors 68040
Apr 17, 2017
Cupertino, CA
E5747AEC-6361-4CBE-9EF1-89D6C596ACC8.jpeg
Leaked pricing

http://www.slashleaks.com/l/iphone-11-series-specs-price-leak

Comment

jsalda

macrumors regular
Jun 6, 2008
I do enjoy watching these events except for the bit when I wince every year and shout at my iPad. It's the bit when Tim Cook invariably says, in his most earnest and serious voice to imply that he's actually imparting some amazing new information - "this is the most advanced iPhone that we've ever built".

No kidding Tim. I mean really; it's called technological progress. As long as you stick on the annual refresh cycle for the flagship iPhones then if there's ever a year when, for your flagship model, you have to say "here's the new iPhone. We've been working on it for the last year and we're really proud of it but I'm afraid that it's not quite as advanced as the one we announced a year ago" then something has gone very seriously wrong.

Maybe I shouldn't let that one line get under my skin so much but it really does.
I think the same thing every year

Comment

NorthCarolina

macrumors member
Aug 25, 2018
On The Hill
If they come out with a 64 GB base model this year, I will boycott Apple products for life. Same applies if they bundle a 5W charger in the box or if anyone during the keynote calls this year's design 'all-new'.
I think it’d be easier to take a shot each time either of those occurs.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.