Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

What to Expect at the Apple Event: New Apple Watch Series 6, iPad Air, No iPhone 12

Lennholm

macrumors 65816
Sep 4, 2010
Does anyone know if an update to the Intel iMac 21" is expected now or anytime soon, or will they move it to ARM whenever the next update comes?

ntlman

macrumors member
Nov 21, 2005
I also think removing the headphone jack from the iPad, even an Air, makes little sense. The iPhone I get, as you don't need to be engaging with your iPhone directly to listen to music or take calls. Who is walking around with an iPad that isn't actively engaging with the iPad? Seems like it is primarily meant to be used while stationary, IMO. Also, this seems like an opportunity to install a better DAC for a headphone jack, seeing as how they don't support the hires bluetooth audio AptX standard on neither macOS nor iOS/iPadOS

bluespark

macrumors 68020
Jul 11, 2009
Chicago
Kind of want an iPad, but iOS still needs sooooo much work..

Hard to justify when every time I do anything with text I want to throw it out the window.. then there's all the other issues..

Just give me a 12" convertible MacOS with pen support.

What in your view are the iPadOS shortcomings with text? I don't disagree that a convertible MacOS device would be really nice, but I really like the iPad's text handling.

varsderk

macrumors newbie
Sep 14, 2020
Hi! Newbie here. If a new low-cost iPad comes out tomorrow, how soon would prices for the current one (i.e. gen 7) get discounted? (Would they?) How long does shipping take after ordering a brand-new one?

unplugme71

macrumors 68030
May 20, 2011
Earth
Unless there is a redesign on the AW. I see not much else to upgrade if you are coming from S4/S5.

Honestly the iPhone and watch are better to be upgraded every 2-3 years now. Upgrading yearly has minor improvements that don’t seem worth the spend - unlike many years ago.

After the X, I’ve switched to 2 years because the XS was barely an improvement. I’ve had AW 1, 3, and now 5. I’ll get the AW 7.

kerr

macrumors regular
Jul 12, 2010
Australia
How to view via Apple TV? Is there a placeholder like there is on Youtube?

And where is WWDC in the TV app on Apple TV?

Royksöpp

macrumors 65816
Nov 4, 2013
Hi! Newbie here. If a new low-cost iPad comes out tomorrow, how soon would prices for the current one (i.e. gen 7) get discounted? (Would they?) How long does shipping take after ordering a brand-new one?

You don't want that one. It has the A10 which was carried over from the iPad 6. The A10 is about to turn 4. I would not recommend it. It will more than likely be discontinued and and last remaining stock will get a minor discount. Overall I wouldn't even consider it. Save your money for the 2020 iPad 8.

meboy

macrumors 6502
Apr 12, 2012
What in your view are the iPadOS shortcomings with text? I don't disagree that a convertible MacOS device would be really nice, but I really like the iPad's text handling.

Not a list of features, but usability.
If your used to Android and try iOS it's brutal.
Can't even simply place the cursor where I want without iOS trying to control/help me by placing it somewhere else.. iOS in a nut shell..

bluespark

macrumors 68020
Jul 11, 2009
Chicago
Can't even simply place the cursor where I want without iOS trying to control/help me by placing it somewhere else.. iOS in a nut shell..

Press and hold the space bar and you get a very precise positioning tool.

Reactions: kerr

kerr

macrumors regular
Jul 12, 2010
Australia
Click link below for the iPhone User Guide, scroll down to the bottom: "Turn your keyboard into a trackpad"

Last edited:
Reactions: meboy
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.