What to expect in iPhone 5 keynote?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Blakjack, Jun 7, 2011.

1. Blakjack macrumors 68000

Blakjack

Now that we have seen all the OS features what does Apple do to wow us in the iPhone 5 reveal?

Most "rumors" say that the iPhone will be nothing but an evolutionary upgrade, so should we expect a pretty boring iPhone 5 reveal.

I know only Apple can answer this question, but it's just an odd situation. Usually we know how everything is going to go, but things are different this year and to me, they are worth thinkin about.

2. genexrocket macrumors regular

I'm guessing it's gonna be something like an iPhone 4GS, it's too early for a total redesign.

3. iphone X macrumors regular

iphone X

if iphone 5 doesnt have a bigger screen i'll skip the 5 and wait for the 6:cool:

4. Shockwave78 macrumors 65816

Shockwave78

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/534.32 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8F190 Safari/6533.18.5)

There holding back a few iOS 5 features no doubt for the next phone. Expect the iPhone 5 to be announced in early August and released in late September. This will give 6 weeks to test the new unknown iOS features in beta.

5. Reach9 macrumors 68020

Reach9

Early August? More like end of August/beginning of September, and releasing it the next week.

I think an A5 dual core chip is a given, so i'm just hoping for a bigger screen!

6. 4vegasfun macrumors newbie

iPhone5 Must Have:

Bigger Screen with NO INCREASE in device size

Would LOVE a slimmer profile ... like the one below

Attached Files:

7. IwantIphone5, Jul 13, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2011

IwantIphone5 macrumors newbie

Hmmm

I think the next gen. Iphone will be called IPhone 4G,because it will have 4G capabilities.The next gen IPone will have also a 8 mp. camera which can record 1080p videos,the new IOS 5,a sligtly bigger screen (3.7i), the A5 chip,and the same design as the IPhone 4.I would also like a better front facing camera and FaceTime with 3G.(and 4G). I think the keynote for the IPhone 4G(5),will be in mid August,and the IPhone to be available when the IOS 5 will be as well (September 7)...thats what i've heard and would like to see in the new IPhone...

8. korndawg macrumors regular

It absolutely MUST have a larger screen. The current screen on it makes it much harder to type on than I'm used to. Maybe I have fat thumbs? To me, a larger screen is more function than form.

9. IwantIphone5 macrumors newbie

Yes,your right..but not a MUCH larger screen like the Acer Iconia Smart (4.8inch) or Samsung Infuse 4G (4.5inch)...I think that a 4 inch display will be perfect.

10. korndawg macrumors regular

Agreed. 4" is absolutely perfect. 4.3+ is too big. I hate the aspect ratio that my Droid has also. Keep the aspect ratio but increase the size.

11. cambookpro macrumors 603

cambookpro

My predictions:

- Launched alongside new iPods.
    - Release late October/early November.
    - Called the iPhone 5.
    - A5 processor.
    - 8mpx camera.
    - Antenna-join placement different, yet still on the outside
    - Pretty much same design as iP4
    - Still only 16 and 32GB models

Possible (but I don't think they will happen):
    - 3.7-4" display
    - Improved LED flash
    - Different casing

12. shanshor macrumors regular

13. korndawg macrumors regular

I sure hope so. I rely on mine so much at work. Phone is always on silent.

14. shanshor macrumors regular

I think the notifying light is likely since Apple put the option to use the iP4's LED flash as a notification light in the iOS 5 betas.

As many of us here have pointed out, the bright LED flash on the back of the iP4 hardly seems optimal as a notification light. Knowing Apple, I'm sure that they're actively seeking, and have probably implemented, a better way to utilize this setting in iP5. (front notification LED)

15. IwantIphone5, Jul 21, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2011

IwantIphone5 macrumors newbie

Waiting...

There are rumors that the IPhone 5 keynote will be on September 7,and one week later to be puted on sale in the US.I'm still hopping that the keynote will pe in mid. August. :)

16. Certinfy macrumors 6502a

Certinfy

I really hope it comes out before late September. If it doesn't I'm sure most of my time is going to spent on F1 2011 instead of the iPhone which is weird with it being a video game but still I just hope it's released before!

17. famoussasjohn macrumors 6502a

famoussasjohn

I'm hoping for a bigger screen like 3.7 inches to 4 inches for me, same type of outer shell though. (minus glass backing), retina display (or better :D) Resolve the antenna issue (to finally shut people up), LED indicator for notifications on the front, preferably in the right corner. Better camera (although the iPhone 4 has a great camera already). More battery life (iPhone 4 is great already..wouldn't hurt with the more space for a bigger battery :D). 64GB option finally. Home button issues are completely resolved..(my iPhone 4 home button is bi polar at times) FaceTime over carrier signal instead of WiFi.

18. trajen macrumors 6502a

I bet the FaceTime camera will get a slight upgrade with an LED flash on the opposite side of the speaker grille. This will be the "notification" LED. I am seriously hoping for a redesign! I want a miniature iPad 2! I miss the aluminum case of the original iPhone!

19. Nicolas4ever macrumors 6502a

Nicolas4ever

My list is :
    • A5
    • 8MPX
    • Antenna fix
    • maybe ram upgrade :confused:
    • HD Facetime Camera
    nothing more nothing less :)

20. i4Collin macrumors regular

Same here. I just can't take having a 3.5 inch screen...most Android phones these days just dwarf the iPhone

21. Sedrick macrumors 68030

Sedrick

Wow, we could potentially have three more months of this. I'm slowly but surely starting not to give a damn. I've got a 3gs, so I'll be getting whatever it is, but it's becoming a serious bore waiting and speculating.

22. tjb1 macrumors 68000

Hopefully the iPad 3 - Pro - whatever, itching to buy one! :)

23. Sedrick macrumors 68030

Sedrick

God, not that horrid looking thing.

Also, there's a reason no one's leaked any photos of even a prototype 5: That's because it's going to look exactly the same as the 4. Thus, nothing to leak. Think about it. We surely would have seen something from someone by now. I think with all this hype, people are in for a massive let-down in September.

24. Gathomblipoob macrumors 68040

Gathomblipoob

Pictures. Big pictures. And at least one man talking.

25. ann713 macrumors 6502a

That form factor looks horrible. Bread-cutter much? I can just imagine how awkward that would be to hold.