Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mintfan7200

macrumors member
Feb 18, 2014
I dont really watch tv anymore , the only tv show I am looking foward to is Vikings . I really like podcasts though . I also watch Poker and some sports once and a while . I miss The Office a lot .

Last edited:

kazmac

macrumors G4
Mar 24, 2010
Any place but here or there....
Aww..didn't know that. Well, at least going to get a mini-series...

...never heard of the Following. Two series at a time is actually more then enough for me (what do you think about True Detective?). Already passing on Treme for now, which did look quite intriguing.

p.s.: Punisher #1 was a bit of a bummer for me. :D
Pre-ordered couple of MoonKnights while I was at it, hope they turn out better.

Re: Mob City hopefully you will like it.

True Detective: do not have access to HBO and won't buy digital. Outside of Vikings Season 1, I have not rewatched any digital tv purchases.

The Following: basically a serial killer (former Literary professor Joe Carroll) creates a cult of followers who kill for him, they could be anyone. Kevin Bacon is the former F.B.I. agent seeking to destroy Carroll. It tests your patience on how far you can suspend your belief (the law enforcement are unbelievably stupid in this. And most of the Followers are downright annoying, uninteresting, not scary.) BUT... Kevin and James Purefoy (Joe Carroll) are excellent...so I keep watching for them. The core idea is very scary (a modern Manson and his cult unleash death and mayhem), but the execution <ahem> can be lacking. Now if Dario Argento did something like this in the 70s, it would have been amazing.

I have a feeling I'm probably not going to tune into the Americans. So right now 2 shows will be my go to number as well.

By Odin's Beard I hope vikings season 2 does not suck. :D

P.S. - Will have to wait on Moon Knight too. You picked a possibly very weird run to try. Looking forward to hearing what you think.

twietee

macrumors 603
Jan 24, 2012
True Detective: do not have access to HBO and won't buy digital. Outside of Vikings Season 1, I have not rewatched any digital tv purchases.

Got lucky that my PayTV started airing American series at the same time (#6 comes today! :D). Only downside is that I can watch it only on my laptop and don't have any subs. I wouldn't mind the latter normally but this mumbling + southern accent combined with dialogues which aren't a combination of clichés but meaningful conversation does make it really hard to follow at times. Nevertheless, even I can tell you that you definitely should watch this. Wait till the DVDs are out - but please do watch it! :D
It's extremely good - I would rank it in my top3 series right now (Twin Peaks and The Wire being the other two) after 5 episodes only.

MoonKnight: I'm curious. Never read a single copy. What do you think about the new Punisher series? I have my difficulties with the art tbh. Will keep reading it though.

kazmac

macrumors G4
Mar 24, 2010
Any place but here or there....
:)

Got lucky that my PayTV started airing American series at the same time (#6 comes today! :D). Only downside is that I can watch it only on my laptop and don't have any subs. I wouldn't mind the latter normally but this mumbling + southern accent combined with dialogues which aren't a combination of clichés but meaningful conversation does make it really hard to follow at times. Nevertheless, even I can tell you that you definitely should watch this. Wait till the DVDs are out - but please do watch it! :D
It's extremely good - I would rank it in my top3 series right now (Twin Peaks and The Wire being the other two) after 5 episodes only.

MoonKnight: I'm curious. Never read a single copy. What do you think about the new Punisher series? I have my difficulties with the art tbh. Will keep reading it though.

Glad you're liking True Detective. I'm no longer buy dvds and more of an espionage fan than noir. I will take your kind words about True Detective to heart though. If it pops up somewhere for free, I'll give it a peek.

Another show dropped: The Following nuked the fridge this week (it's been skirting with that since the first season.) Despite my enjoyment of Bacon, Purefoy and Shawn Ashmore, the show is more annoying than anything else at this point.

So bring on Vikings since I've been unable to catch up with the Americans (thanks FX)

Punisher: have to wait for the trade. I'm kind of iffy on the art too.

MK: also waiting despite my love for the character. Warren Ellis is consolidating a lot of what makes MK a bit tough to grok, so that should be interesting and hopefully make it a fun read for you.

impulse462

macrumors 68020
Jun 3, 2009
How I Met your Mother: Been watching this since it first started so I'm obligated to finish the series, even though I feel the last 2 seasons have been terrible except for a few episodes.
Downton Abbey
Mr. Selfridge: Big fan of Jeremy Piven.
House of Cards: Will probably start this next week since so many people say its so good.
Game of Thrones: I just finished season 3 of this show last night, and I was not emotionally prepared for what happened and I am still traumatized right now. It is the best show on TV at the moment, in my opinion.

davidinva

macrumors 6502a
Several of the shows on the I.D. channel. I like real-life murder mysteries. The American Greed series on CNBC. They also have a new show called Impostors which looks promising. Lots of sports. Watch no network stuff. And, just recently started watching Big Bang Theory in re-runs. Went to college with a couple of guys like that and was in classes with some. I helped out by providing the bottom of the grading curve.

dec.

Suspended
Apr 15, 2012
Toronto
Hannibal, Game of Thrones, Elementary, The Americans, The Walking Dead (for now), Homeland, Shameless, Mad Men.

And to feed my soap opera guilt - we just started with Downton Abbey.

Planned to watch: Justified, House of Cards, True Detective

albertfallickwa

macrumors 6502a
Jan 27, 2014
Hannibal, Game of Thrones, Elementary, The Americans, The Walking Dead (for now), Homeland, Shameless, Mad Men.

And to feed my soap opera guilt - we just started with Downton Abbey.

Planned to watch: Justified, House of Cards, True Detective

Just finished up New Girl and right now plowing through season 2 of The Americans (so good) as well as House of Cards (still in season 1). So many wonderful shows.

snorkelman

Cancelled
Oct 25, 2010
True Detective - just waiting patiently on episode eight now.

Splice all the episodes into one 7 hour movie and I'd happily pay to go watch it at the cinema in one sitting.

Is really that good IMO

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.