What Was (is) Your Social Status In High School?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by bbbensen, Jul 5, 2008.

1. bbbensen macrumors 6502

What were (are) you?

Were (Are) you popular? Or maybe a nerd?

I cant say yet cause Im entering this year.

EDIT: I decided that Im going to included middle school as well. I dont wanna leave anyone out. Ill be responding my self soon. :p

2. italiano40 macrumors 65816

italiano40

3. Iscariot macrumors 68030

Iscariot

4. Coprolite macrumors member

I was an athlete/nerd. Basically too shy to hit on girls. Didn't learn how easy it was until university....

5. MonksMac macrumors 6502a

MonksMac

As of the last school year(Freshman)... Forgettable, until you get to know me.;)
    Next year- Unforgettable!:cool:

6. themadchemist macrumors 68030

themadchemist

Boundary spanner. Got along with the popular and unpopular kids. But was definitely a well-recognized uber-nerd.

7. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

i was known to be "smart" but not nerdy. just a good kid who played sports and did clubs and had friends from a whole buch of groups i guess you could say

no one hated me as far as i knew

8. Shotgun OS macrumors 6502a

I don't know. I guess you could consider me a nerd (ranked 7 out of 100) but I'm not really nerdy. Besides being hardcore into technology and Macs and Photoshop, I'm also the kid people stare at as I walk through the halls. Since I go to a private school, we have a dress code. But on dress down days, I wear all black and a barbed wire necklace. Apparently, I'm scary that way. But yeah, I'm in the middle. Friends with everyone in my class, but only known as a freaky goth kid in other classes.

9. mpw Guest

Too opinionated and principled, not very popular. Never part of the 'in crowd', but that was never something I adapted my actions to to achieve.

In hindsight, I wish I'd been bothered by stuff less, and had more friends.

10. iJesus macrumors 6502a

iJesus

Pretty much me. But, instead of uber-nerd... it's more of, Apple Fanboy + Uber-liberal + Future President of the world. haha. I've been told. :p

11. Str8edgepunker macrumors 6502

Well, I didn't really have an identity as I had a lot of "nerd" friends but I also was friendly with a lot of the other popular kids. I guess I was a boundary-spanner to a degree.

12. EricNau Moderator emeritus

EricNau

I was voted most scholarly.

...That pretty much sums it up. :eek: Although, I had many good friends and got along with just about everyone I met throughout my various classes.

13. tresbien macrumors regular

tresbien

I have a lot of friends at my school, but its really big, so there aren't really any "popular people" here. I'm president of my class, and involved in a lot of different things, so I know a big variety of people. I'm in the top percentile of my class, and am really academic, liberal, etc (apparently I'm the future president as well, haha)..so yeah, I don't know what my "ranking" would be...

14. Decrepit macrumors 65816

Decrepit

I was invisible.

Not into sports at the time. Way into computers. And in the 80's, that didn't get you very far with other kids.

So, I had no friends. But I had an Apple II+, and eventually an Apple IIgs which I used to play Ultima III-V, Wasteland, Bard's Tale and Lode Runner.

School can suck. But it ends. Be yourself, don't ever change to be popular.

Remember, you only get to be 16-18 once. Enjoy it, but don't overdo it. Don't make any decisions that end up restricting what you want to do. (This is my don't get anybody pregnant rant). :)

15. Ivan P macrumors 68030

Ivan P

I'm rather surprised with my school. I'm one of the smartest people in my grade, openly get called a nerd and whatnot, yet I'm friends with practically everybody in my grade. Add into it certain social aspects that would probably result in people at other schools becoming outcasts of some sort, and yet it's done nothing but strengthen my relationship with all of my friends.

16. iJesus macrumors 6502a

iJesus

Little off topic; but, I'm reallllly sad that my friend is going to college this coming fall semester. He was a Senior this year, I was a Junior, and we were in the same Mechanical Drafting class and I really really got to like him a whole bunch. Like, he's probably the only one of my friends that I don't have anything bad to say about them. And now he's moving away soon and I'm really pretty pissed about the whole thing.

17. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

forgettable nerdy stoner? i guess?

Im quite happy not being in the limelight tho:D:apple:

18. themadchemist macrumors 68030

themadchemist

Interesting that you mention that. I was also pretty politically engaged in high school (even moreso now) and was/am a pretty decent public speaker. So some similarities, haha.

19. iJesus macrumors 6502a

iJesus

Hmm... it's a small world :p

So, older and wiser "me"... any good tips on growing up? :)

20. ingenious macrumors 65832

ingenious

Virginia, United States (Kansan in exile)
    i had my own group, but i talked with everybody: i.e. i was the "nice" guy who smiled all the time.

i was also the smart kid who everyone thought was a nerd until they got to know me.

also, i was student council pres and involved in a ton of clubs (basically all of them except the athletics... i wasn't coordinated enough for any of the sports we had. bring on the soccer (football for you europeans) and swimming!).

21. iJesus macrumors 6502a

iJesus

Yeah, that also sounds a lot like me.

22. ingenious macrumors 65832

ingenious

Virginia, United States (Kansan in exile)
    you like jetskiing, too? sweet.

23. iJesus macrumors 6502a

iJesus

Haha, I went jetskiing today actually!:)

24. Chaszmyr macrumors 601

Chaszmyr

At my first high school, I've probably been forgotten by just about everyone already. At my second high school, I was in with the punk rock crowd, even though I didn't fit in with them particularly well.

25. themadchemist macrumors 68030

themadchemist

Oh, Jesus!