What was your last dream about?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by BreakGuy, Jan 20, 2012.

1. BreakGuy macrumors 6502a

BreakGuy

I last dreamt that I was in New York City with my family including grandparents and at least one of my cousins. I was at ground zero - nothing was there, just empty flat land - when work began on the rebuilding of the WTC. They were building it exactly as it was before, this time just one tower though. Suddenly, I had to leave but wanted to come back in 2013 to see the opening of it, but my father stated that it would cost me $4500 a day to visit New York City again.

WTF?!

2. tjsdaname macrumors 6502

my dreams are to weird to even try to explain.....lol

3. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

Don't sweat it.

Consider it as a video game, that runs while your brain is busy manipulating the data acquired during the day.

Lack of sleep does not hurt the body, as other threads here have stated, but it does hurt the mind.

Rejoice in your 'adventures', and please, do not try to give any meaning to them.

4. BreakGuy thread starter macrumors 6502a

BreakGuy

It wasn't a WTF as "what does this mean", it was more of a "***** that was a strange dream to be having".

-----

Another dream I had, I was sitting in a hotel room. The computer in the room was on, logged into Facebook, and the friend of mine I was trying to ignore messaged me. Once he went offline, I checked the message and it said that the Mac Mini has been discontinued. That's when I starting looking around Apple's site for it, but couldn't find the Mini anywhere.

Sign of things to come perhaps? :D

5. wonderspark macrumors 68030

wonderspark

I dreamt that someone had done a French manicure job on one of my nails while I was asleep. It was pretty and all, but I was annoyed and tried to pull it off, but it was glued on too good. My friends were laughing at me, but wouldn't own up to it. Then I was driving to Texas with my ex-wife, and I was having a good time with her. :( We always had fun road trips.

6. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

How old was she, and did you cross State lines? ;)

7. Firestar macrumors 68020

Firestar

It was about being late for school. I woke up (still in the dream) and it was 5 minutes past when I leave for the bus stop (therefore I had missed it). I woke up (in real life) and it was 5 minutes before I leave for the bus.

8. 'Bmac macrumors regular

9. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

My dreams generally tend to warp the concepts of time, space, and logic.
    I'll try to remember one tonight.

10. Dweez macrumors 65816

Dweez

Flying. On a bicycle off of a home made jump. Flew forever...

11. scottness macrumors 65816

scottness

If dreams can tell the future... I hope this is not what inflation looks like in 2013. Yikes!

12. BreakGuy thread starter macrumors 6502a

BreakGuy

:D One can only hope, right?

13. borisiii macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

I don't dream, or at least I never have any recollection of my dreams. I suppose that means I don't know what a dream is...

14. Fazzy macrumors 6502

I dreamt that I was just about to purchase my dream car. Just when I was about to get into it, I woke up.:mad:

15. BreakGuy thread starter macrumors 6502a

BreakGuy

Did you try going back to sleep to continue your dream?

16. Fazzy macrumors 6502

Yeah. But the next dream was about ponies.:confused:

17. jj48 macrumors regular

I always try this when I get woken up prematurely... but it never works!

18. avro707 macrumors 6502a

Unfortunately, it ended just before it was starting to get really interesting... :rolleyes: That's all that needs to be said about that, it'd be way unsuitable for here.

19. UlsterApple macrumors regular

My last dream involved a huge argument with my brother about the two of us taking a 2 hour ferry trip, driving three hours for some reason, then turning round and coming back again - and he reckoned it was a four hour trip and if we took the 3pm ferry we could return on the 7pm one? Weird.

I do have recurring dreams, one where burglars arrive at my house in a van to thieve the contents of my garage or house and I'm indoors trying to phone Police, but always dial the wrong number repeatedly. This has been a repeated dream on six or seven nights at least over the last few years. Another one is where something - no idea who or what - is coming in through the front door of my mother's house, and I climb out of the front upstairs bedroom window onto a ledge, drop to the ground and run away while they're coming up the stairs to the room I was in. I've dreamed this many many times. I haven't lived there for thirty years!

My wife also dreamed that I was having an affair, and didn't talk to me for three days except to call me 'Bast@rd!" :confused:

20. Yumunum macrumors 65816

Yumunum

I really wish I remembered my last dream...

This thread will get crazier. I'm waiting to read some really weird dreams.

21. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

That's too bad. Some fun to be had, if you don't take them seriously.

You can't handle the truth. :eek:

I can barely get by, due in large part to my length of tooth. :D

22. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I went for a late night walk with a friend. We made it a mile down the road and I started chatting with someone else, a neighbour I think, and my friend went into an old Chinese woman's house. I had my suspicions she was James Moriarty in disguise. So I took a train down to London to ask Mark Gatiss about the fate of Moriarty on his Sherlock series. At first he ran away from me and into an opium den, so I followed him in and started gushing about how much an inspiration The League of Gentlemen was for me.

He rolled his eyes and wasn't interested. But I then mentioned it was because of him and his works that I got into the career I'm in now, his eyes opened. I then told him how one of my colleagues has a prestigious award (which he didn't have yet). They (Mark+friends) started patting me on the back and I called them all ****heads, for some reason!

Then I woke up.

THE END... ?

23. Apple OC macrumors 68040

Apple OC

I was travelling on an abandoned railway that took me to an ancient castle ... very nice experience

24. toolbox macrumors 68020

toolbox

Mine was quitting my current place of work, then i woke up and took me a few seconds to realise it never happened.