We're all concerned about contract extensions and the fact that 3.0 will already have plenty to offer, but what situation would make you buy the iPhone (realistic, as in not buying the new phone for free) -If 16 GB is around $150, I'll definitely get it. Same goes for 32 GB, if it's significantly less than $300, I'll look into buying that instead. -Contract extension won't matter, I love AT&T, it's the one network that has 5 bars 3G in my neighborhood, but hopefully it won't be too complicated. -If new iPhone allows for video recording but iPhone 3.0 doesn't let 3Gs record (someone correct me if 3.0 will allow the 3G to video record). -New iPhone allows you to use a faster 3G network (as in right as you buy it, it'll be faster) I hate waiting, but hopefully Apple will come out with the right combination of new features to make this a much better iPhone than previously expected.