What will make you buy the new iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by SephirothXR, Jun 5, 2009.

1. SephirothXR macrumors 6502

We're all concerned about contract extensions and the fact that 3.0 will already have plenty to offer, but what situation would make you buy the iPhone (realistic, as in not buying the new phone for free)

-If 16 GB is around $150, I'll definitely get it. Same goes for 32 GB, if it's significantly less than $300, I'll look into buying that instead.
    -Contract extension won't matter, I love AT&T, it's the one network that has 5 bars 3G in my neighborhood, but hopefully it won't be too complicated.
    -If new iPhone allows for video recording but iPhone 3.0 doesn't let 3Gs record (someone correct me if 3.0 will allow the 3G to video record).
    -New iPhone allows you to use a faster 3G network (as in right as you buy it, it'll be faster)

I hate waiting, but hopefully Apple will come out with the right combination of new features to make this a much better iPhone than previously expected.

2. gibbz macrumors 68030

3. newyorksole macrumors 68030

yeah basically what he said, the release is what's making me buy one lol

as long as it has some extra features/enhancements that the iPhone 3G doesn't then I'm just gonna buy it, plain and simple

4. Revelation78 macrumors 68000

Revelation78

Ditto..

My original is in need of retirement.

5. AiralynRose macrumors 6502a

I will be buying one regardless. I have the original iPhone still and want the 3G, GPS and MMS etc.

6. SephirothXR thread starter macrumors 6502

If you have a first gen iPhone, yea this is definitely a must. I could be economical and wait till next summer for whatever iPhone is coming out (they've been rolling them out for 3 years in a row, they're definitely coming out with new models). I just hate waiting, I just need to know exactly what 3.0 and iPhone 3.0 will do. Can't wait for Monday.

7. themoonisdown09 macrumors 601

themoonisdown09

I will be buying 2 iPhones regardless of what new features it has. I've been waiting to get an iPhone for 2 years now, so it's about time I get one for the wife and I.

8. robothero macrumors 6502

robothero

Pretty much this. I love my current phone, but I sold my iPod back in March and have been waiting for the new iPhone to drop ever since. An improved camera would be great too so I could sell off my current digital camera.

Going from three devices that I had to carry around to just one would be so great.

9. needthephone macrumors 6502a

My car ( ho ho, sorry sarcasm is the lowest form of wit) which will take me to My local Westfield and the Optus store. My wife will take my 3G and I will get the new one.

I don't want a cheap 4G but a fully loaded 32Gigger.

10. rjohnstone macrumors 68040

rjohnstone

Someone else paying for it.
    My current one works just fine.
    Wasting money on replacing something barely a year and a half old is just silly.

11. needthephone macrumors 6502a

But I AM silly. No my wife is getting my 3G as her plan runs out soon and she loves my iphone. (If I am not careful she will get the new one- I will have to be strong)

12. Andruw91 macrumors regular

The fact that my Nextel phone is 3 years old and I've been waiting since November.

Having the Nextel is reason enough

13. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

There is already a thread on this same topic here

Next time try searching a bit more?

14. .Andy macrumors 68030

.Andy

A battery that could last a few days use. This is a deal killer for me at the moment. Until that's achieved I'd rather stick to two devices (a dedicated phone and a touch).

15. newyorksole macrumors 68030

It isn't a waste IMO. If you love technology and like being up to date with hardware then it's fine. It isn't like I'm spending $200+ every few months on a new phone.

16. lignsligns macrumors member

I definitely want to upgrade for my 1st gen. The 3g just didn't do it for me. Well actually I planned on getting it if it wasn't for the extra $10 a month on data. But i'm sure this next upgrade for me will be well worth it.

17. rugox macrumors regular

Couldn't have said it better.

18. iMrNiceGuy0023 macrumors 68000

as long as a new phone comes out im getting it

but the main things I do want is a better battery life and more RAM

19. hcoteen2008 macrumors regular

If AT&T let's current iPhone users upgrade like last time, and I will surly get it after I sell my iPhone 3G 8GB for one of the new ones. I love AT&T and I don't care if my contract never ends. I don't ever see why I would want to get out of it.

20. Jeremy81 macrumors 6502

My line isn't eligible for an upgrade until next year and I just sold my 3G to buy the new one. If I can get it for under 500 and very soon I'll buy it. If it isn't out soon(as in Monday or within a couple of weeks) I may end up something else until I can get the new iPhone. If it isn't too different from the current 3G I may go with something else.

21. eawmp1 macrumors 601

eawmp1

22. teleromeo macrumors 65816

teleromeo

I have a cheao Nokia that I hardly use, so I'm not buying it unless I get it for free.

23. Revelation78 macrumors 68000

Revelation78

I hope you enjoy using your Nokia then...

24. gloss macrumors 601

gloss

I signed up for a 2-year plan with AT&T a month and a half before the release of the original iPhone.

I've been waiting all this time.

Nothing will stop me. I will pounce like a thousand kittens.

25. Hey Jude macrumors 6502a

Hey Jude

Initially, I had to have MMS, but having lived without it for year, I find that email is a workable solution, so MMS is not must have it was a year ago.

Secondly, my 2G iPhone is in pristine condition and works flawlessly, actually just got it replaced less than two months ago, so I don't need a phone, and only superior build quality, preferably metal, will entice me to purchase the new 32GB model.

Jude