Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

naths

macrumors 6502
Feb 15, 2009
Bristol.UK
already sold mine...got a SGS2,my god what a difference to the iphone4,.....sorry to say its miles better.....tata apple....

The Game 161

macrumors Nehalem
Dec 15, 2010
UK
Everyone says "I'm gonna hold out" but usually never do :D

Let's wait for the phone to come out first and then make that call.

I'll be selling mine (super mint) and using that money towards the new phone. I'll end up paying the early upgrade price of $399/$499 regardless.

Well worth it. I've been doing this since the first phone, why stop now?

Because spending £500 on a phone that likely isn't going to be much better than the 4 isn't a great decision not when you can't afford it so easily

lehite

macrumors newbie
Sep 6, 2010
boy thats innovative and impressive. Why wouldn't you use a 3GS for that though?

1. I don't have a 3GS
2. XBMC doesn't run on a 3GS (only an A4 chip) - otherwise I'd do it with an iPod Touch 2g that I have lying around

Last edited:

DouchGod

macrumors regular
Aug 23, 2010
I'm going to use the iPhone 4 as a Dev device to help me progress my mastering of Objective C

TallGuy1970

macrumors 6502
Jun 16, 2010
My daughter is counting down the days until the next iPhone is released. I promised I would give her my iPhone 4 when I get the new one. I don't have the heart to tell her that may not be September (as most are predicting). I will have to make sure my contract is set and I am eligible for an upgrade before getting the new iPhone.

DouchGod

macrumors regular
Aug 23, 2010
My daughter is counting down the days until the next iPhone is released. I promised I would give her my iPhone 4 when I get the new one. I don't have the heart to tell her that may not be September (as most are predicting). I will have to make sure my contract is set and I am eligible for an upgrade before getting the new iPhone.

How old is your daughter? I only ask because I've seen a few young children with iPhones and I wonder why they have such a expensive device. I can see a plus side to giving a child a iPhone "Find iphone"....

Southern Dad

macrumors 68000
May 23, 2010
Shady Dale, Georgia
I'll pass the iPhone 4 to my eight year old, very spoiled daughter who will give her 3GS to her two year old sister. The little runt has has an iPod Touch 1st generation in a Woogie for at least six months without breaking it. She's ready for an upgrade.

Elven

macrumors 6502a
May 13, 2008
UK
Stuck in contract with my iPhone for a good 12month yet, so unless offered the upgrade at a cost, I guess i am stuck.

erayser

macrumors 65816
Apr 9, 2011
San Diego
When my wife and I upgrade our iPhone 4's, we will give our iPhone 4's to our young boys. They are both up for a iPod touch upgrade.:p

One is still using a 1st gen iPhone as an iPod touch, and the other has a 3GS. It beats buying them a PSP, or a DSi handheld gaming device. Most of the games on iTunes are under $10, compared to $30 to $50 a game for the PSP/DSi. And since we only use one iTunes account, we only pay once, and download games to all our iDevices under the same account.:)

neworleans-7

macrumors regular
May 18, 2008
Since I'm gonna have 2 iPhone 4's when the new one comes out (mine and my girlfriend's since we're both upgrading) I'm gonna see if my mom and/or my aunt wants one and if they do I'll give them each one. If not, I'll probably sell off one and use one as a dev device.

Reach9

macrumors 68020
Aug 17, 2010
In America
Well since the iPhone 4 will stop working as soon as iPhone 5 is released, i think it'll become a nice paperweight. :rolleyes:

lnferno

macrumors 6502
Jun 19, 2008
My wife and I are on the same AT&T account however our upgrade eligibility is one year apart. So, it works out perfectly. Every year there is a new iPhone, I alternate the upgrade. Every year I get the new iPhone and my wife gets my old one. She isn't into technology/phones as much as me so it works out great! :)

AppleTech22

macrumors 6502a
Jul 10, 2010
US
I plan on buying an iPhone 4 when the iPhone comes out, so if anyone is going to sell and their phone is in great shape send me a PM when the time comes

Savor

Suspended
Jun 18, 2010
Will still use it until my contract is up.

And when I am eligible for an upgrade by February next year, I may not upgrade at all to avoid another 2-year contract and just get an unlocked phone and go month-to-month. I really don't use the data since I have Wi-Fi in my house and I have Google Voice for unlimited texting.

But my 2012, iPhone 4 will become an iPod touch. I've been with iOS since 2008 and it is time to explore. I don't mind "downgrading" for the simple fact is I am not utilizing my iPhone to the max like I used to when I jailbroke my 2G. And if I am craving for iOS again or a faster processor, there is always the latest iPad or latest iPod touch. iOS will never go away in my life even if I switch to another phone. I can have multiple phones the way I use multiple browsers on my laptop. Co-exist. I mean, people here have multiple smartphones or might use an Android phone with iPad or iPhone with Android tablet. Different combinations.

sharpycl

macrumors 6502
May 25, 2009
Gaithersburg, MD
I paid full price for my iPhone 4 16 gig. It'll be my weapon of choice until it bleeds. Then I'll take it out back and shoot it. Then head on in to the apple store and adopt another one. :D

Drag'nGT

macrumors 68000
Sep 20, 2008
Everyone says "I'm gonna hold out" but usually never do :D

Let's wait for the phone to come out first and then make that call.

I'll be selling mine (super mint) and using that money towards the new phone. I'll end up paying the early upgrade price of $399/$499 regardless.

Well worth it. I've been doing this since the first phone, why stop now?

Same here. But this delay has me thinking how awesome it will not be to hear the rumors come WWDC over the next few years. lol

Dr Kevorkian94

macrumors 68020
Jun 9, 2009
SI, NY
it depends *only this time* because I'm not sure i will need whatever the next one is. Usually i just sell my old one to cover the new one.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.