what would you do with $1200?

twoodcc

macrumors P6
Original poster
Feb 3, 2005
Right side of wrong
so i think i found a buyer for my powerbook. looks like i'm gonna get 1200 for it. now, the question is: what am i gonna do with it?

i already have:
white 2.0 macbook
a 17" intel imac core duo 1.83 ghz
60GB ipod video
4 GB ipod nano
PSP
Xbox 360
Dell 20.1" display

so here are the first things that pop in my head:

save for Mac Pro
Save for 30" Display
buy HDTV

don't know what else. any ideas? advice?

twoodcc

macrumors P6
Original poster
Feb 3, 2005
Right side of wrong
AJ Muni said:
Go to a strip club
haha. well that wasn't the first thing on my list.....but.......i have a girlfriend anyways......(i know, next you'll say...."so take her with you")

anyways.....i also forgot to put PS3 on my list

twoodcc

macrumors P6
Original poster
Feb 3, 2005
Right side of wrong
nitynate said:
23" cinema display.

OR, invest in apple.
yeah, i was thinking about 23" cinema display also, but i really don't have a computer to hook it up to. the dell 20" is hooked to my imac, and i carry my macbook to class, so i don't have it on my desk long enough to hook it up

ChrisA

macrumors G4
Jan 5, 2006
Redondo Beach, California
$1200? It it were me I'd either buy some more SCUBA equipment or build a concrete block wall fence in my back yard.

OK not into scuba and you don't need to replace a fence? Why not buy a video camera and a copy of Final Cut Express. Or if you don't like video, a new Nikon DSRL and a couple lenses?

Seems like you have enough computer stuff.

briantology

macrumors 6502
Jun 5, 2006
Put it in a jar labeled: "twoodcc's rainy day fund." Then when you need to splurge, you can break out the jar and go buy something awesome, maybe something with an Apple logo on it.

briantology

macrumors 6502
Jun 5, 2006
ChrisA said:
$1200? It it were me I'd either buy some more SCUBA equipment or build a concrete block wall fence in my back yard.
Doesn't that kinda, well... not work? A "wall fence"? Post some pictures when you complete this feat...

twoodcc

macrumors P6
Original poster
Feb 3, 2005
Right side of wrong
ChrisA said:
OK not into scuba and you don't need to replace a fence? Why not buy a video camera and a copy of Final Cut Express. Or if you don't like video, a new Nikon DSRL and a couple lenses?

Seems like you have enough computer stuff.
the only thing is both my computers are 'consumer' and it seems i don't have that 'pro' machine.

i am into video and pictures, but i'm not sure i want to spend that much on a camera. i already have a 4.0 megapixel camera with 10x optical zoom

i have like 5 or 6 external hard drives, and i wish i had a computer that could hold 4 hard drives.