What your reason for buying iphone 4 ?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bo-waleed, Sep 3, 2010.

1. bo-waleed macrumors 6502

i think apple reason's for making iphone is to combine ipod and a phone (is this right ?)

this is my first reason for buying iphone so i don't have to carry 2 device (phone and ipod)

2. darkside flow macrumors 6502

For me it is integration. If I were to buy a phone, an mp3 player, a satellite radio receiver, GPS system, portable game console, video player, camera and web tablet separately, it would cost a fortune. iPhone does all of these things very well for a fraction of the price. Plus it does it with simplistic style.

iPhone 3G and 3GS did all the above things well enough, with some done very well, but iPhone 4 does all things well above average and best in class for some things.

3. miamihacker macrumors regular

agree with you i also use my iphone 4 for school homework and im away from my computer or home

4. goobot macrumors 603

goobot

amazing phone and ipod built in. and jailbreaking.

5. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

6. adztaylor macrumors 68000

This was one of my reasons for buying an iPhone too.

7. PhazonUK macrumors 6502

Original reason for buying an iPhone (iPhone 3G) was mostly because it was an iPod and phone in one, but another reason was the way the text messaging worked.
    I upgraded to a 3GS because I broke my 3G.
    Then 3GS to iPhone 4 (sold my 3GS) purely because everything was made so much better. When I first saw the screen in the Apple Store it just looked incredible. I love my iPhone 4, it's just so easy to do anything on it.

8. F123D macrumors 68040

F123D

Reason I bought an iPhone 4 is because my 3G was outdated and slowly started to lag and the i4 was a huge upgrade.

Reason I originally bought an iPhone is because I wanted a phone with web and email and no way was I buying a blackberry at the time.

9. timerollson macrumors 65816

Because I wanted to get rid of my weak Blackberry. Funny thing... For a work phone, the BB sucked. My iPhone 4 is more of a productivity tool than my BB (or RIM) claimed to be.

10. TruckdriverSean macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A306 Safari/6531.22.7)

Originally bought my first iPhone (3G) because it met my feature requirements (camera, GPS, querty, great browser) plus I could get all of my iTunes content off my PC and into the phone.

Purchased an iPhone 4 because of the upgraded hardware and performance plus I could keep all my apps and super easy music/podcast integration. (I suppose that in that regard, those are the reasons I didn't switch to another phone too)

11. Richie2000 macrumors 6502

Richie2000

this is my first reason for buying iphone so i don't have to carry 2 device (phone and ipod)[/QUOTE]

This was my main reason for switching to an iPhone and the reason I wanted the iPhone 4 was the awesome Retina display.

12. Fuzzy.Dunlop macrumors regular

I'd disagree with that, I love my iPhone but the BB pisses all over it as a business phone/tool

What the iPhone does is being better "all in one phone" i.e. web browsing, music, email, camera and apps

Or a solution for all in your pocket

It comes down to people having to carry two "products in their pocket

13. timerollson macrumors 65816

What's to disagree about? For a device that banks on its email and for someone who works with large files, a truncated message on a BB isn't going to cut it. My iphone has yet to have that experience. Surely, the BB will be a better device for some people but, for me, it was junk.

14. Maverick1337 macrumors 65816

Maverick1337

Why do people refer the blackberry over the iPhone? I'm not being sarcastic because I want to know. The iPhone is so easy to navigate to and the web browsing is a much better experience and e-mail is a lot more pleasing on the eyes on the iPhone. With my father's blackberry, it's just a lot of black words on a white background. Nothing really pleasing at all.

15. Fuzzy.Dunlop macrumors regular

You just download the rest of it :rolleyes:

And the BB supports all docs natively, you try forwarding 50 emails (from you're server to an email address) to an iphone and see what happens at the other end

Just to save you the time they can't be read

The BB is a far better business tool

16. RTiii320 macrumors 6502a

RTiii320

Exactly, many phones can integrate gps, web and everything else nicely. However, I have loved the iPod since the 2nd gen (when I got my first one) and have always wanted my iPod to have a phone.. As weird as that sounds, I wanted a nice iPod with a phone, rather than vice versa. I'm just one of those guys that continually walk around with headphones in my ears. I'm a HUGE music head, so having a phone on my favorite mp3 players was a blessing.

Reason I got an iPhone 4 was for the improved camera & FaceTime.

Same here, lmao!

17. ratbatblue macrumors 6502

18. timerollson macrumors 65816

I'm really glad you can provide a sweeping generalization to my experience with an iPhone as my work device. Like I said, it will be a better device for some people. I'll be sure to tell that to the company I work for, where iPhones are actually the suggested device.

19. Fuzzy.Dunlop macrumors regular

So you don't actually have a point, or counter any

s>z

20. Aaron1021 macrumors member

Mine was an impulse decision. I was wanting to just look and see what free phones were available to me as an upgrade, and I ended up buying an iphone and spending $200 more than I had intended.

21. DaMink macrumors newbie

bought the iphone ("edge") because i was done dealing with my blackberry and had some graduation money left over

bought the 3g because i had a cracked screen in may

bought the 3gs because i had my 3g stolen the day before 3gs launch day

bought the 4 because my mom had broken the screen on her 3g and didn't like the form factor of the iphone 4 (plus she wanted to keep her case) so figured id upgrade and just give her my 3gs

22. timerollson macrumors 65816

Actually, you keep missing my point when I say it's a better work device, for me. You can continue to type your generalizations though.

23. marksman macrumors 603

marksman

Maybe if you are a mid-level plebe in some massive corporate cog a blackberry is useful.

For people that do real business though.. You can do everything you need and then some on an iPhone.

People mis-use this term business and act like anyone who does grunt work and lives in a cubicle is somehow a business user.

I actually own several businesses. A blackberry can't touch what the iPhone does for me and my real businesses.