Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DolsJ

macrumors member
Aug 27, 2008
Rounded corners on apps opening. I'm calling it now. The display on the iPhone 8 will have rounded corners.

This would lend support to the bezel free design rumors. The current body of the iPhone and iPad have rounded corners. If the screen were to occupy the entire surface of the device it would need rounded corners as well.

PhatManDiamond

macrumors member
Jan 24, 2017
Central, NY 12043
Analytics cannot be turned off. Can"t even remove them through iTunes sync. Anyone know how to clear them now that they've been switched to analytics? Also did a reset and check do not share when setting up and it still turns itself on.

Last edited:

PhatManDiamond

macrumors member
Jan 24, 2017
Central, NY 12043
OK got another 10.12.3 beta 1 question. Constant popup asking me to do two step authenitcation. Is there a way to disable apple two step authentication popping up? I hate being forced to use what I don't want to. Kinda like Facebook forcing people to use a separate messenger.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011

mwearl

macrumors newbie
Mar 16, 2014
Hendersonville, NC
What happened to the "backup now" button when looking at iCloud storage and backup options? I rarely have wifi on for battery saving reasons and because I have a huge data plan. I usually only turn wifi on to manually backup.

edit* Found it. The new layout just threw me a little.

Last edited:

UglyStuff

macrumors newbie
Apr 20, 2016
Did you guys do an OTA update or a full update using a cable?

I'd be keen to know if even people who use OTA will have their filesystem converted.
I went the OTA route. Free space has shrunk to 3.6GB, though, and a fellow poster stated that it was a known issue (iTunes not displaying the same free space as the device itself under Settings), and that the whole firmware was stored in a hidden partition.

chabig

macrumors G4
Sep 6, 2002
Analytics cannot be turned off. Can"t even remove them through iTunes sync. Anyone know how to clear them now that they've been switched to analytics? Also did a reset and check do not share when setting up and it still turns itself on.
Just guessing here...if you choose to participate in the beta program you've agreed to share analytics. That's what beta testing is for, after all. When the software is released to the public I bet you can turn it off.

xxray

macrumors 68040
Jul 27, 2013
what are the benefits of the APFS? anything directly noticeable to an everyday user?

IPadNParadise

macrumors 6502a
Jan 12, 2013
Very frustrated! Updated IPP 9.7, IP Air 2, IP 7+ to iis 10.3 and ATV 4 to 10.2. The updates themselves went fine. But I then wanted to watch latest episode of Shades of Blue on the ATV. Now the ATV Settings TV Provider itself shows I am signed into my DTV provider but the NBC App does not and the app Settings Sign In to Activate does nothing when I click it. So what I want to watch says I need to sign in to activate and I see no way to do that. I was able to watch on the NBC app on the ATV before this update. Interestingly enough, both ipads were the same way, DTV TV Provider showed logged in in ipad settings but not in the App but it did at least allow me to log in on the App alliwing me to watch Shades of Blue on the small ipad screen. A side note, I could airplay it but that is always a poor picture compared to just playing off the ATV NBC app. I have restarted the ATV and double tapped Home button to clear out all open stuff on the ATV. Any suggestions as to how I can get DTV signed in to be able to watch this?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.