Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Along with Deep Fusion for the new iPhone 11 and iPhone 11 Pro models, the iOS 13.2 developer beta that Apple released today also includes a few other major changes and updates that are worth noting.

Below, we've rounded up all of the changes that we've found in iOS 13.2 so far.

- Announce Messages With Siri - The feature that's designed to allow Siri to announce incoming messages has been reenabled in iOS 13.2, and can be turned on by going to Settings > Siri > Search and toggling on Announce Messages.

siriannouncemessages.jpg

- Research Privacy Settings - iOS 13.2 has a new Research option in the Privacy section of the Settings app, which is for Apple's upcoming Research app. The Research app is not yet available, but the presence of the setting in iOS 13.2 suggests it may come when iOS 13.2 is released.

appleresearchapp.jpg

- AirPlay & Handoff - The Handoff section of the Settings app (under General) is now AirPlay & Handoff with a new "Transfer to HomePod" option and an option to turn off automatic AirPlay to TVs.

airplayandhandoff.jpg

- Volume in Control Center - When you have AirPods, Beats Pro, BeatsX, or other Beats headphones connected to your iPhone or iPad, the volume control bar in Control Center will display an appropriate icon.

airpodsvolume.jpg

- HomeKit Grouping - In the HomeKit app, there's a new option to group or ungroup accessories that have multiple functions, showing them either as a single tile or as multiple tiles. Multiple tiles was the pre-iOS 13 default, while Single Tile is the iOS 13 default.

homekitoptions.jpg

- New AirPods - As we reported earlier today, the iOS 13.2 beta contains images that unveil an upcoming AirPods design for the third-generation AirPods, which are rumored to have active noise canceling functionality.

AirPods-b298@3x.png

Know of a feature that's new in iOS 13.2 that we left out? Make sure to let us know in the comments and we'll update this article.

Article Link: What's New in iOS 13.2 Beta 1: Announce Messages With Siri, HomePod Handoff and More

Last edited:

Anuba

macrumors 68040
Feb 9, 2005
Announce messages with Siri? As in sms only? Crap. I thought it was notifications of any kind. Was so looking forward to not having to go through “read notifications” and then having to respond “yes” five times because Siri keeps asking variations of “do you want me to read the whole list/all of them?” but still only reads a single item then asks again...

Stromos

macrumors 6502a
Jul 1, 2016
Woodstock, GA
So 13.1.2 I am looking at my phone and my Outlook on my laptop. All emails sent today aren't on my iPhone. If I search for from: (person) the email comes up in search then when I go back to my inbox the email is in the list. I had to do it for each sender one at a time.

Please tell me 13.2 has done something with Exchange. This is getting ridiculous.

Yes I have deleted and re-added my exchange account. No I don't care how perfect its been for your exchange account. These are production emails I am missing running a production build of iOS.

Get it together Apple.....

How many people in these forums complained about Exchange issues throughout the iOS 13 beta track and had tickets open with the Feedback app.....

xpxp2002

macrumors 65816
May 3, 2016
I wonder what automatically AirPlay to TVs would do. How would it know when you want to AirPlay if you're not choosing to do so?

MR-LIZARD

macrumors regular
Jan 9, 2012
UK
I hope these are in ear. The icon looks like they might be? I bought the original AirPods and loved them but had to return them as they just didn’t stay in my ear.

I bought BeatsX instead but would love to get rid of all the wires. In ear rubber tipped ones would be an instant buy from me.

fmcshan

Editor
Apr 8, 2019
The real question is: if I'm on a call and I bring my phone near my iCloud-linked Homepod, will it transfer the call?
Yes, I believe at WWDC Apple had mentioned that call transfer would work if I remember correctly. I also remember seeing that you could bring you iPhone near a HomePod that's playing music and the HomePod will Handoff the audio to the iPhone (say, when you're leaving the house). Pretty neat stuff.

Reactions: chrisdazzo
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.