Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Chealion

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 17, 2003
Calgary, Alberta
Tunes 8 includes Genius, which makes playlists from songs in your library that go great together. Genius also includes Genius sidebar, which recommends music from the iTunes Store that you don't already have.

With iTunes 8, browse your artists and albums visually with the new Grid view; download your favorite TV shows in HD quality from the iTunes Store; sync your media with iPod nano (4th generation), iPod classic (120GB), and iPod touch (2nd generation); and enjoy a stunning new music visualizer.

iTunes 8 and iTunes U are now accessible with VoiceOver on your Mac.

iTunes 8.0.1 improves stability and performance and provides a number of important bug fixes, including:

• Seamlessly plays the current song when creating a new Genius playlist.
• Improves syncing spoken menus to iPod nano.
• Addresses an issue of deleting HD TV episodes when downloading.
• Improves checking for updates from the App Store
• Improves accessibility with VoiceOver.
• Addresses problems syncing Genius results to iPod.

Can't say I've seen any differences personally having run 8.0.1 the last 5 minutes.

theBB

macrumors 68020
Jan 3, 2006
I wonder if this fixes Airport streaming issues. I've been holding off from upgrading to iTunes 8 out of fear of hitting this bug.

corinhorn

macrumors 6502a
Apr 27, 2008
USA
It really is nice that Apple is focusing more at improving accessibility for blind consumers. It really is an unserved segment of the market. My father being completely blind, he is thrilled to find that Apple is continuing support for accessibility and VoiceOver with iTunes and iPod.

retroneo

macrumors 6502a
Apr 22, 2005
Seamless Genius. Thought it was weird that it stopped playing before...

I do love genius....

KC2

macrumors regular
Feb 29, 2008
Anyone else? :mad:

The iPhone "(iPhone name)" cannot be synced. An unknown error occurred (13014).

nomisj

macrumors newbie
Jul 20, 2008
iphone wont work

My iPhone (unlocked) wont sync now that it updated o_O

Anyone else having this problem?

I get an error (13014).

KC2

macrumors regular
Feb 29, 2008
Damnit Apple! I'll give them until Friday evening to fix this, but this is ridiculous. How do you overlook something like this?

BTW, my iPhone 3G is still locked.

thejadedmonkey

macrumors G3
May 28, 2005
Pennsylvania
Awesome! I didn't like how Genius always restarted the song

How come this is front page news though?

EDIT: Ugh, 30 minute download just to avoid gaps... bahhh

mike12806

macrumors 6502
Sep 30, 2007
Boston, MA
My iphone 3G just updated fine. :confused:

Did you guys try unplugging the cable and plugging it back in? I had to do that to get the new itunes to recognize the phone.

nomisj

macrumors newbie
Jul 20, 2008
My iphone 3G just updated fine. :confused:

Did you guys try unplugging the cable and plugging it back in? I had to do that to get the new itunes to recognize the phone.

i restarted and it still came up with error... then went to the home screen and displayed that edit home screen message... and said "this accessory is not made to work with iPhone. Would you like to enable airplane mode to reduce audio interference?" and it was in the dock it came with o_O

orijinal

macrumors 6502
Jun 6, 2005
cant install itunes. it keeps telling me i have error: no internet connection?

KC2

macrumors regular
Feb 29, 2008
This is weird, I restarted (even though the update does require a restart) and my iPhone 3G syncs now! (No adjustments to/unplugging cable over here).

Strange error - I wish my solution helped you nomisj, but it sounds like you already restarted :(

nomisj

macrumors newbie
Jul 20, 2008
i restarted and it still came up with error... then went to the home screen and displayed that edit home screen message... and said "this accessory is not made to work with iPhone. Would you like to enable airplane mode to reduce audio interference?" and it was in the dock it came with o_O

RESTARTED IPHONE AND ITUNES MULTIPLE TIMES AND FINALLY WORKED... THANKS GUYS! ;)

Edit: Thanks KC2!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.