What's the best way to buy the new Mac?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by jjiangweilan, Oct 18, 2016.

Tags:
  1. jjiangweilan, Oct 18, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2016

jjiangweilan macrumors 6502

jjiangweilan

Because I have an event on the mid Nov. So I need get it as quick as I can. If the Mac is available right after the event. Should I order it online and pick up in the store? I live in an apartment so I think it's not safe to put the product in front of the door.

Thanks for your opinion!

2. DeltaMac macrumors 604

DeltaMac

You will want to view the event, where they would mention if there is a delay in arrival.
    The "event" may simply be that new product is announced as a press release, and not a formal event for this.
    It's my opinion that there will be no formal event, and Apple will simply announce the new products, along with release information.
    Anyway, if product is already at the stores on that announcement day, then you would order online, or go directly to an Apple store, and get what you want on that day, if Apple announces that product is already available in stores.
    We get to be patient for another few days, and see what is announced...

3. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

How badly do you need it? Macs aren't traditionally "sold-out" like iPhones or iPads...

4. jjiangweilan thread starter macrumors 6502

jjiangweilan

Thanks for your suggestion!
    --- Post Merged, Oct 18, 2016 ---
    Oh, really? That's what I'm afraid of. So I can also just visit a store and buy it there!

5. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

No they're not. When they are released they (the standard models) are widely available. However, your particular BTO model might not be available as it'll take some time to make it.

6. NickPhamUK macrumors 6502

NickPhamUK

I hope Apple doesn't run out of the base 15" machines!

7. jjiangweilan thread starter macrumors 6502

jjiangweilan

I want the base 12" + 512GB

8. Fishrrman macrumors G4

Fishrrman

Since you want the base version -- and not anything that's "build-to-order" -- your best option may be to buy at a "brick-n-mortar" Apple Store.

9. Samuelsan2001 macrumors 604

That's base 13 inch, the 12 inch is the MacBook and was updated a few months ago.

If you want 512gb then on current pricing it's cheaper to buy the 512gb version rather than upgrade the storage on a base version. Of course the new ones may have different storage options and that may not apply this time round.