Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

The Cockney Rebel

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Nov 16, 2018
I've been at my nan's, for about 2 1/2 weeks, and I never wore my Apple Watch when I left home.

I'm kind of missing it, and I'm definitely looking forward to watchOS 10.

What's the longest you've gone without wearing your Apple Watch, and why?

Wishing you all well.

Night Spring

macrumors G5
Jul 17, 2008
I think the original watch, I charged overnight while sleeping. Then third-party sleep tracking apps became available for the watch, I forget exactly when. So now I only take off the watch when taking a shower/bath, and charging it before bed.

Abazigal

Contributor
Jul 18, 2011
Singapore
About a week, when the Apple Store took it in for replacement. I miss being able to pay for public transit via Apple Pay on my wrist, and having to take my phone out just to check for notifications and the time. Otherwise, I wear it every day, even at home. 😛

arc of the universe

macrumors regular
Jan 11, 2023
during a one or two hour window of time between dinner and going to sleep.

before getting the watch, i never thought i would wear it so much.

the band material and band fit were the two things that needed to work well together in order for me to enjoy wearing it all the time. the only band that gives the performance across all conditions and situations for me is the Liquid Silicone Solo Loop with a size that is not tight or loose.

estabya

macrumors 6502a
Jun 28, 2014
I regularly go weeks without it in the summer when on vacation and/or at the beach and in the sun all day.

dmr727

macrumors G4
Dec 29, 2007
NYC
Usually just a day or two - typically when I'm wearing my nicer watches for more formal situations.

spiderman0616

Suspended
Aug 1, 2010
Since they were announced. Why? They don't serve any real need, just a toybox you wear on your arm.
Incredibly cynical and unhelpful.

I saw just today in the news a woman whose life was saved because her Apple Watch detected a dramatic increase in heart rate and woke her up. It ended up being because of a blood clot in her lung that would probably have killed her in her sleep. Think that lady thinks it’s a toy that serves no purpose?

spiderman0616

Suspended
Aug 1, 2010
I couldn't imagine wearing a watch to sleep!
I absolutely could not do it with the silicone bands—too itchy and irritating to my skin. Even my trusty Nike band was too uncomfortable.

On the other hand, the leather loop breathes so well that I don’t even notice it. Very easy to sleep in. Once I’m awake I put it in the charger and by the time I’m ready for the day it’s at 100%.

Reactions: arc of the universe

stanza.richi

macrumors 65816
Dec 5, 2019
Italy
Since 2021, after 4years of everyday use, I’m using it only during ph activities. Still thinking about switching back to everyday use reserving my mechanicals to evening and weekend.

AlexJ092

macrumors 6502
Apr 15, 2013
I haven’t worn an Apple Watch in almost a year after switching jobs and my employer not allowing us to wear watches at work. I keep thinking about upgrading to the ultra but what’s the point when I can only use it on my days off (when I get one)

bransoj

macrumors 68000
Jul 31, 2013
When i first got mine i wore it most of the time including when sleeping but i soon stopped that, never felt comfortable at night in it. Since then i only wear it whilst i'm awake and then at night it goes on charge.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.