Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Matz

macrumors 65816
Apr 25, 2015
Rural Southern Virginia
A couple of days, when I sent mine in to Apple to replace a cracked crystal. Otherwise I wear it all day, every day, and take it off to charge while I sleep.

I've had one since S0, and am still discovering things that this amazing piece of tech can do for me. Of course I could live without it, but have no desire to do so.

Reactions: spiderman0616

Evvie

macrumors newbie
Nov 21, 2022
I went to the beach for a week and was scared of scratches from the sand on it, so I didn’t wear it that week and I did miss it!

nburwell

macrumors 603
May 6, 2008
DE
The longest time for me is usually when I’m asleep and my AW is on the charger. Otherwise, it’s always on my wrist — sans when I’m showering.

floral

macrumors 65816
Jan 12, 2023
Earth
I've been at my nan's, for about 2 1/2 weeks, and I never wore my Apple Watch when I left home.

I'm kind of missing it, and I'm definitely looking forward to watchOS 10.

What's the longest you've gone without wearing your Apple Watch, and why?

Wishing you all well.
Currently since I was born. No withdrawal yet :)

ericwn

macrumors G4
Apr 24, 2016
Went back to mechanical watches personally after 6 or 7 years of Apple Watches. Glad I did, not missing them anymore.

FreakinEurekan

macrumors 603
Sep 8, 2011
I’m kind of surprised to see several “only when I shower” type comments. Injuries in the shower are VERY common, that’s one place mine is ALWAYS on.

Longest I’ve gone without mine is when it came off while swimming in a lake (cheap 3rd party band) and it took 2 days for a replacement to arrive. Otherwise it’s the first thing I put on (along with glasses) before I get out of bed, and the last thing I take off before going to sleep.

Reactions: BillGates1969

PatrickNSF

macrumors 6502a
Jan 24, 2011
I go weeks for a time without wearing my AW, though I wear a Garmin those times and still often take the AW out in my pocket for LTE and music while running. And when I travel I tend to only take the Garmin since it has much better battery life.

But my typical situation is AW during the day and a Garmin for sleep and workouts. It’s a hassle but it gives me the best of both worlds. I’ve had an AW since launch.

TAZ911

macrumors regular
Sep 11, 2014
Probably about 3 years. Was an early adopter, but got annoyed at the battery life and switched to Garmin. Now with the ultra making close to a week it comes off my wrist every couple of days after work.

jr866gooner

macrumors 68020
Aug 24, 2013
Whilst charging each evening of course but once an entire day leaving for work realising half way there! Was a frustrating moment and weird without it.

Reactions: The Cockney Rebel

The Cockney Rebel

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Nov 16, 2018
It's back on :).

Been about three weeks, and I've missed it.

IMG_0215.JPG

tarasis

macrumors 6502a
Oct 26, 2007
Here, there and everywhere
Only got it Tuesday, so technically 2.5 days while I decided what strap I wanted To order. I’d been using an AmazFit Bip from time to time before hand.

never sure about sleep tracking. Interesting to see the data but it’s the one thing you can’t really do anything about plus sometimes the Bip didn’t stop tracking despite me getting up. Not tried sleeping with Apple Watch yet.

Reactions: The Cockney Rebel

The Cockney Rebel

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Nov 16, 2018
Only got it Tuesday, so technically 2.5 days while I decided what strap I wanted To order. I’d been using an AmazFit Bip from time to time before hand.

never sure about sleep tracking. Interesting to see the data but it’s the one thing you can’t really do anything about plus sometimes the Bip didn’t stop tracking despite me getting up. Not tried sleeping with Apple Watch yet.
You bought an Apple Watch without a strap?

Night Spring

macrumors G5
Jul 17, 2008
There are various things you can do to get into better sleep habits, but they are more life style changes that gradually affect your sleep rhythm, not like if you do X right now, you'll sleep an extra hour tonight.

I find the Apple watch to be pretty good about noticing when I wake up and stop tracking sleep. But I find it has the opposite problem -- it sometimes stops tracking sleep even when I'm still sleeping, especially if I'm sleeping outside of my regular sleeping hours. It also isn't able to pick up naps during the day.

Reactions: tarasis

tarasis

macrumors 6502a
Oct 26, 2007
You bought an Apple Watch without a strap?
That is how CEX sell them. Straps cost extra, if they have any. They had 3 for sale, all for smaller (£22 & £14) and one strap for Ultra for £45.

so my local branch had a S8 Celluar ~£350 in the window with strap (but still sold without), a S7 41mm £210, a 45mm SE2 GPS £160, two S6 44mm GPS both £160* (One had scratch on screen, obviously i didn’t buy that one), S5 Cellular for £110

* Technically the one I got apparently a had a pricing error & should have been £170 according to the receipt. I considered the SE2 but I’m too used to always on display of the Bip to give that up. If I get on with & like AW then I’ll get a better one down the line, but I’m content with second hand / refurbished for now.

tarasis

macrumors 6502a
Oct 26, 2007
There are various things you can do to get into better sleep habits, but they are more life style changes that gradually affect your sleep rhythm, not like if you do X right now, you'll sleep an extra hour tonight.

I find the Apple watch to be pretty good about noticing when I wake up and stop tracking sleep. But I find it has the opposite problem -- it sometimes stops tracking sleep even when I'm still sleeping, especially if I'm sleeping outside of my regular sleeping hours. It also isn't able to pick up naps during the day.
Interesting, I’ll keep an eye out for that. Not entirely surprised about the nap not being detected but it would be nice.

Night Spring

macrumors G5
Jul 17, 2008
Interesting, I’ll keep an eye out for that. Not entirely surprised about the nap not being detected but it would be nice.
I use a third-party sleep tracking app that's better at picking up naps. There're several sleep-tracking apps that has been mentioned in various threads here, you should see if you can find them.

Algus

macrumors 6502
Jun 8, 2014
Arizona
I like watches a lot. Not just the Apple Watch. I have a few dressy watches that are more pieces of jewelry than useful time pieces (one actually doesn't work anymore lmao but it looks nice so....) and I change up what my wear is from day to day.

So my Apple Watch gets worn most days but not every day and I have gone extended periods of time without it on. I usually don't wear when I am just loafing around the house either.

Davelfc

macrumors 6502
Mar 2, 2014
Liverpool
Must be going on close to three months now, since I moved to a Samsung phone and watch. Yes the Samsung watch isnt as good as the Apple Watch but you did ask.

I have felt for a while that Apple doesn’t treat the whole fitness thing properly, you don’t fill some ring one day from a month and no award. When IMO rest days are just as important as active days, also illness. I’m very happy to be off that hamster wheel. I may return if and when Apple starts to understand this.

Reactions: tarasis

Howard2k

macrumors 603
Mar 10, 2016
Must be going on close to three months now, since I moved to a Samsung phone and watch. Yes the Samsung watch isnt as good as the Apple Watch but you did ask.

I have felt for a while that Apple doesn’t treat the whole fitness thing properly, you don’t fill some ring one day from a month and no award. When IMO rest days are just as important as active days, also illness. I’m very happy to be off that hamster wheel. I may return if and when Apple starts to understand this.

You can just adjust your goals downwards for a rest day or if ill. I feel like I’m missing the complaints on the angle.

troc

macrumors member
Jun 26, 2006
The Netherlands
Stopped wearing mine 2 years ago and started wearing my 'proper' watches again. Replaced the Apple Watch with a Garmin Fenix for the sporty stuff. No regrets.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.