Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

barr08

macrumors 65816
Aug 9, 2006
Boston, MA
jurassic-bark2.jpg

Red5403

macrumors member
Mar 24, 2009
KS
The first thing that came to my mind was the already mentioned ER episode "Love's Labor Lost". Then next was also mentioned already but when Dr. Greene dies.

Someone mentioned the House M.D. episode that is Kutner's last. Totally wasn't expecting that.

I also watched St. Elsewhere and was sad that the series even ended.

Hmm... All dr. shows. Interesting. I can also think of moments during those shows where I had tears of joy...

Ivan P

macrumors 68030
Jan 17, 2008
Home
Someone mentioned the House M.D. episode that is Kutner's last. Totally wasn't expecting that.

This one. Also Wilson being with Amber as she died in the Season 4 finale tore through me.

The closing scene of Dexter Season 4 when he finds Harrison and Rita in the bathroom.

The Season 2 finale of Grey's Anatomy when Denny proposes to Izzy, then dies just before she goes to visit him.

People are posting about the final scene of Futurama's Jurassic Bark episode, and while it's understandable, I think the closing of The Simpsons' Mother Simpson episode to be way more heartwrenching. Where most of these kinds of shows end on a joke, this episode (and the Futurama ep) are rare examples where this doesn't happen; this has Homer being ripped away from his mother again, and the entire final two minutes is him sadly staring at the night sky. So touching, especially for an animated show.

iBlue

macrumors Core
Mar 17, 2005
London, England

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Fans of LOST are like Apple fanboys. Obssessed and Defensive. TV's boring now.

:D Sorry, Losties. I saw each episode and could never shake the feeling they were just making it up as they went along and it turns out they pretty much were and that was supposed to be the point. :rolleyes: I get it, that it was about the characters and the journey but I still thought it was a load of meaningless cliché bollocks. Just my opinion though. I think the show is slightly divisive in that some people really loved it and some really didn't. I just didn't.
It's like in Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy when Zaphod was hit with the point of view gun from Trisha: "....because you always wondered if there was more to life Lost and now you're crushed because you find out there really isn't."

My name is Alex

macrumors regular
Sep 5, 2010
Gold Coast, Australia
:D Sorry, Losties. I saw each episode and could never shake the feeling they were just making it up as they went along and it turns out they pretty much were and that was supposed to be the point. :rolleyes: I get it, that it was about the characters and the journey but I still thought it was a load of meaningless cliché bollocks. Just my opinion though. I think the show is slightly divisive in that some people really loved it and some really didn't. I just didn't.
It's like in Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy when Zaphod was hit with the point of view gun from Trisha: "....because you always wondered if there was more to life Lost and now you're crushed because you find out there really isn't."

Oh ok. I thought you mightve been one of those people that just judged LOST cause they didnt understand it and they stopped watching it after the pilot. If youve seen every episode I guess you deserve your own opinion. And it was about the characters and they had everything planned since season 3.

MagicWok

macrumors 6502a
Mar 2, 2006
London
The episode of Fresh Prince of Bel-Air when Will's father comes back.

That last scene when his father leaves and Will breaks down to Uncle Phil is incredibly poignant for a supposed prime time comedy.

This, for me, is one of the most saddest moments I've watched from a TV show. I'm one of those, that hasn't cried at anything I've seen on the small or big screen. I'm not boasting, I've just never connected on that level.

But I think the closest I've come to crying, is watching this episode. Very sad, and great acting by all. When he's shouting, I felt the anger.

An episode that should be watched, even if you were never a fan of the series or Will Smith.

This is only 5 mins, but it really sums it up. Quality is ok, but doesn't distract from it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXQM9uftXVU

MattSepeta

macrumors 65816
Jul 9, 2009
375th St. Y
House

The house episode when Foreman has that disease and is dying. Even though I really dislike the character, when he started yelling at cuddy about "and the punishment for breaking the rules?!?! Is it DEATH?!?!" it just really got to me, making me wonder what I would have done in her situation.

MotleyGrrl

macrumors 6502
Jun 15, 2010
Chicago, IL
Agreed w/Dexter's season 4 finale. And I wasn't even a fan of Rita.
Also, I remember being really upset by the finale of "The Wonder Years".
And quite a few episodes of "Extreme Homemaker: Home Edition" has brought me to tears. Ughhh.

benthewraith

macrumors 68040
May 27, 2006
Fort Lauderdale, FL
I think this scene from Home Improvement (The Longest Day), along with pretty much the entire series finale, was some of the saddest events in television history for me. You may not think so, but I grew up with this show. Seinfeld, The Simpsons, King of the Hill, Desperate Housewives, the first few seasons of Lost before I lost interest, definitely some of the saddest.

ghostee

macrumors 6502
Feb 25, 2004
Villa Park, IL
Some great moments mentioned already so far.... the death of Dr. Frasier on Stargate: SG1... the death of Leo on West Wing... and Firefly ending after one great season was sad too...

This is only 5 mins, but it really sums it up. Quality is ok, but doesn't distract from it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXQM9uftXVU

I used to watch re-runs of Fresh Prince back in the day, but never caught this episode. That was really moving. Some great acting by Will Smith.

I'll add the last episode of The Shield. There were a few really sad moments in it, but the worst has to be the whole ordeal with Shane and his family.

[SPOILER ALERT]

Shane buying the presents for his family, poisoning them, and then killing himself. That was a really intense moment. And then when they read his suicide note at the end about how his family was innocent and he's left them like he found them.. Yeah that was messed up.

The end of the episode with Vic sitting at his new desk in silence, looking at the pictures of his kids and Lem was sad too, for different reasons.

[/SPOILER ALERT]

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.