Whats your biggest pet peeve about iTunes?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by ReanimationLP, May 1, 2007.

1. ReanimationLP macrumors 68030

ReanimationLP

Mine would be the speed. God, is browsing through my library slow and choppy. I only have about 4,000 tracks, but its ridiculous.

Nothing else on my computer runs as slow as iTunes when it comes to scrolling.

Anyone else having this problem? I'm running iTunes on the PC in my sig, which is more than plenty up to the task.

2. Veritas&Equitas macrumors 68000

Veritas&Equitas

Well, if you are browsing it on the iBook in your sig, no wonder. I'm sure that thing barely chugs along :D

Edit: Sorry, didn't notice the part about it being the PC. In that case, I really don't. On the PC in my sig my iTunes works just fine and I have ~ 9,000ish tracks.

3. heehee macrumors 68020

heehee

4. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

the fact that you can't move all the other columns around but not the song name. IE i want it be from left to right --artist-song-CD etc.

5. pianoman macrumors 68000

pianoman

it's a minor thing, but i don't like how the highlighting in the source pane is glossy black and in the list of songs it's blue.

also, how the headers for the source pane are in all caps; i.e.,

LIBRARY
    Music
    Movies
    TV Shows

STORE
    iTunes Store
    Purchased

6. Erendiox macrumors 6502a

Erendiox

You ought to read the entire post. :)

7. decksnap macrumors 68040

decksnap

The disgusting iTunes 7 interface, especially the scrollbars.

8. whooleytoo macrumors 603

whooleytoo

I agree wholeheartedly - though I'd add I don't like any of the recent UI changes in iTunes - bar the addition of Cover Flow. I just fired up iTunes 4 on my old iMac, and it's so much a cleaner, simpler design.

9. scttwtkns macrumors newbie

Yeah, I'm with you. Speed has been an issue with the last few versions of itunes. My main machine is a g4 dual 533, but it is also slow on my ibook g4 1.425 & my work machine, a g5 dual 2Ghz.

10. johnee macrumors 6502a

johnee

I wish I had more control over each track/playlist. I know you can select a group of songs (either in lib or in playlist) and "get info" and set some specific eq settings, et al , but I want more options.

I want to craft a playlist like an artist makes a movie, editing every detail, and I simply can't with the current configuration.

11. n-abounds macrumors 6502a

n-abounds

I wish that when you went to either "Music", "Movies", "TV Shows", "Podcasts", etc. that there would be entirely separate playlists for each selection. I like to make playlists of my music videos, but I don't like the fact that the playlist takes up space when I'm just looking at my music...

Kinda hard to explain.

12. The General macrumors 601

I hate how I have to change my "movies" to TV shows one at a time. I know you can just "next" or "previous" but I want to select them all and change them all at once.

13. LukeW macrumors member

I hate that to use crossfade it has to be used everywhere. For example, I don't need it in my Library because with the gapless playback my live albums now sound great, however if a live track comes up in the shuffle playlist, or for that matter any songs that bleed into each other, then I really want crossfade so the change between tracks sound a bit more comfortable. Its a small complaint but its implementation would make all the difference to me. :D

14. numlock macrumors 68000

Thats a good point.

Just basically use it to listen to music but a seperate list/library for music videos should be in there imo.

Having more presets available when importing and converting audio files. Quite annoying having to through preference to change the settings

15. devilot Moderator emeritus

devilot

I've never really used any other music type app (oh wait, years ago I used WMP), but anyway...

Can't figure out a nice way to deal with songs that are duplicates but from different albums (for example, song X is on a soundtrack as well as on the artist's own album and the artists greatest hits album). Shrug. Maybe I'm just a dodo, but I don't want to delete the duplicates because I like having complete albums. :eek:

16. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

1. not every main list in the source list is collapsable. why can't i collapse the Library, or iTunes store? and why can't i get rid of movies and the other ones i don't want there?

2. i can't have one copy of a song for multiple albums with one play count.

17. nagromme macrumors G5

nagromme

Visualizer and Equalizer used to be buttons, and are hardly obscure "power user" features, but are now relegated to the top menu.

18. reubs macrumors 68000

I'm a complete whore for tabbed browsing, so I would love to see such an option in the iTunes store. I don't like using the arrows, and to have a few tabs open for music, podcasts, etc would be really nice.

19. Poopface Morty macrumors regular

Poopface Morty

Mine is iTunes Music Store specific, and has less to do with the UI that hasn't already been brought up anyway.

But if I see one more track that I want that is listed as View Album or Album Only, I'm going to go nuts.

It chugs quite a bit on my laptop, though it's a bit outdated.

20. erickkoch macrumors 6502a

I agree with that one. If took forever for "American Pie" to be available withought buying the whole album. I also just noticed that the song "Purple Rain" is now available on the album "Purple Rain". It wasn't available a while back. Go figure.

Edit: Oops. The live version if American Pie is available, the original version is still Album Only. Drats!

21. IAmNotMyName macrumors newbie

As I posted in a recent thread, I want iTunes to be able to search through a drive or directory of my choice and update the songs. Remove all references to missing files and add in the new ones. Winamp does this seamlessly on a PC, I don't think it's too much to ask on my otherwise vastly superior mac. :mad:

I'd also like to be able to enlarge the fonts in iTunes, but that issue takes a distant second place.

22. bkvideography macrumors member

maybe the fact that apple decided to put a tab for your ipod that you can't even sync in....you still have to go file - sync.

23. esaleris macrumors 6502

I have two.

Allow Use of Album Artist for the Browser
    Maybe I'm old-schooled, but I like being able to use the browser to select artists, genres, and albums. The new iTunes allows the use of Album Artist, but in the Browser, it's still Artist, so I see at the top of my list:

Alicia Keys
    Alicia Keys feat. ___
    Alicia Keys feat. ___
    Alicia Keys feat. ___

That's annoying. I would like to be able to switch out this field with things like Album Artist or Composer, etc.

Better Fields for Music OTHER than Modern Songs
    Classical has to be horribly mangled genre ever in iTunes. Either the song names have to be horrendously long, or the albums have to be broken out by the peice, rather than by the CD it came from.

A song name should not either have to be Violin Concerto in B-flat minor, Op. 45, I. Allegro. You can't even see that on the iPod. Granted, there's not much meaning in I. Allegro and III. Moderato either, but it'd be nice to have some sort of system to organize the genre. Maybe allow groupings to be as prominent as the other fields, so that we can use it properly in browsing and viewing.

24. Dustman macrumors 65816

Dustman

i HATE iTunes 7!! everything about it! i miss the simplicity of iTunes 2.1 in OS 9.. :( seriously, apple started messing things up around version 6..