Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SYMPATHY2

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 14, 2015
What ringtone do you all have right now?
Do you have the annoying default one or something else ?

happycadaver

macrumors regular
Sep 1, 2012
Germany
Something else...no ringtone. :D

I hate it, when my phone makes noises. I hate it and it unnecessarily disturbes other people. No one is that important to be available all day. If the caller is important i will call him back or if i see the call on my display by chance.

mlmwalt

macrumors 6502a
Jun 8, 2010
Philadelphia, Pa, USA
At home or out and about: Shipping Up To Boston - Dropkick Murphys
Working or public setting like airport: Silent.

I have crated tons of different ringtones and text tones for all my friends that way I don't have to see who's calling when the phone is in my pocket or not within reach.

I'm going to borrow from mitchsaunders and create a sandstorm ringtone.

fender77

macrumors newbie
Jun 7, 2015
Earth
For work and similar situations I use silent mode with vibration. For everything else I use a cut of the Boondock saints track except for missus who get Joe Satrianis 'Starry night'.

Edit: for some reason the word 'auctions' was in my post. Thanks autocorrect!

Last edited:
Reactions: scribble79

MacKai

macrumors regular
Jun 15, 2010
East Bay Area, CA
All of my ringtones are made off of music I own. Right now I have the intro to Language l: Intuition by The Contortionist off of their Language album.

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
I also create my own ringtone. Should be better if I can listen to customised ringtone, which is not allowed in OS X!

AlliFlowers

macrumors 601
Jan 1, 2011
L.A. (Lower Alabama)
When I'm not on mute I use the high theme from Close Encounters. It's high and loud so I always hear it. Of course, now with my Apple watch, I don't much need a ringtone.

QuarterSwede

macrumors G3
Oct 1, 2005
Colorado Springs, CO
At home: depends on whose calling. Currently set to Northern exposure for default. Just to see people's reactions.

At work: The Fix-It-Felix Jr. dance. "Fix-It-Felix Woo, Woo"

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.