Apr 2, 2008
UK
Your speed was: 38wpm.

You made 2 mistakes, your mistakes are shown in bold text:

Guess I need some practice.

bobertoq

macrumors 6502a
Feb 29, 2008
I got 82 wpm with 2 mistakes (I did, however, go back and correct multiple mistakes while taking the test).

macjram

macrumors 6502a
Dec 20, 2008
first try but I had backspace and correct a couple but I guess thats pretty good since I still got 104wpm. I don't type correctly either haha I have my own weird method and my right pinky never touches any letters

Your speed was: 104wpm.

Congratulations! You made no mistakes, practice does make perfect.

THE suburb of Saffron Park lay on the sunset side of London, as red and ragged as a cloud of sunset. It was built of a bright brick throughout; its sky-line was fantastic, and even its ground plan was wild. It had been the outburst of a speculative builder, faintly tinged with art, who called its architecture sometimes Elizabethan and sometimes Queen Anne, apparently under the impression that the two sovereigns were identical. It was described with some justice as an artistic colony, though it never in any definable way produced any art.

CaptMurdock

Suspended
Jan 2, 2009
The Evildrome Boozerama
51 wpm. One mistake.

Edit: ^Wow. Same score! Y'know, it's not fair. I've been typing since I was twelve, and I started on a manual typewriter. I should be able to type faster than the speed of light!

iMJustAGuy

macrumors 68020
Sep 10, 2007
Beach, FL
Your speed was: 58wpm.

You made 3 mistakes, your mistakes are shown in bold text:

The title of this work has not been chosen without the grave and solid deliberation which matters of importance demand from the prudent. Even its first, or general denomination, was the result of no common research or selection, although, according to the example of my predeccors, I had only to seize upon the most sounding and euphonic surnace that English history or topography effords, and elect it at once as the title of my work and the name of my hero. But, alas! what could my readers have expected from the chivalrous epithets of Howard, Mordaunt, Mortimer, or Stanley?

predecessors
surname
affords

That was with compulsive backspacing, lol. So I guess my speed would be a little higher but at the same time my errors would be up.

psycoswimmer

macrumors 65816
Sep 27, 2006
USA
Your speed was: 112wpm.

You made 1 mistake, your mistake is shown in bold text:

IN THE time of Spanish rule, and for many years afterwards, the town of Sulaco, the luxuriant beauty of the orange gardens bears witness to its antiquity, had never been commercially anything more important than a coasting port with a fairly large local trade in ox-hides and indigo. The clumsy deep-sea galleons of the conquerors that, needing a brisk gale to move at all, would lie becalmed, where your modern ship built on clipper lines forges ahead by the mere flapping of her sails, had been barred out of Sulaco by the prevailing claims of its vast gulf.
(I can't remember which word was wrong, I think it was claims?)

Toppa G's

macrumors 6502
Jun 19, 2003
The exurbs, MN
71 wpm, 2 mistakes, but they were both British English-related...scrutinise/scrutinize and scrutinised/scrutinized. :D I do go back and correct mistakes as I type...which slows me a little bit.

jpyc7

macrumors 6502
Mar 8, 2009
Denver, CO
77 wpm with 11 mistakes. However, 10 of those mistakes seemed to be capitalization as the sample text was from Charles Dickens and the initial sentence fragment was all capitalized. Otherwise I only had 1 mistake.

Melrose

Suspended
Dec 12, 2007
66wpm. 3 mistakes, all minor.

Oh well. And that was counting the time it took me to backspace and erase the mistakes I caught whilst typing. Guess I'm purty fast. :eek:

sammich

macrumors 601
Sep 26, 2006
Sarcasmville.
66wpm. 3 mistakes, all minor.

Oh well. And that was counting the time it took me to backspace and erase the mistakes I caught whilst typing. Guess I'm purty fast. :eek:
Yeah, I went back to correct my mistakes as well. 60 wpm though.

Also, I've got the flu, and I'm waiting for my Lunch to thaw. Hungry hungry...