When can I reserve for in store pick up at Apple Store?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by memo90061, Nov 3, 2017.

1. memo90061 macrumors 6502

I didn't pre-order the iPhone 7+ last year, but was able to pick one up with the IUP link the weekend it came out. I'm not in the Apple program. Will it be the same this year? None of my pre-orders have shipped. Such bad luck! :( Haha

2. cj3stine macrumors newbie

i am looking for that link to. :C

3. memo90061 thread starter macrumors 6502

4. Shadowbech, Nov 3, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2017

Shadowbech macrumors 601

I'm pretty sure that there won't be doing the reservation system for the iPhone X this time around.

*Atleast in the U.S there won't be.

5. Seth Matthews macrumors 6502

Seth Matthews

They are doing it in other countries starting tomorrow. Apple reported they are NOT doing it in the U.S.

6. mrl72 macrumors regular

I was in the Apple store earlier at the mall. I was asking how I could potentially exchange my SG X for a silver one. The employee said that tomorrow they're getting a large shipment in and if I went online at 6AM I could reserve a silver version then just come in and exchange it. Then he leaned closer and said "don't tell anyone I told you that".'

I had no idea what he was talking about when it came to "reserving" a phone as I didn't think that was possible, so came here to look it up. Maybe they are enabling it for US this time around? What is this link you all talk about?

7. Aibocyrus macrumors 6502a

Aibocyrus

I really thought tomorrow morning you would be able to reserve for in store pickup. wow, Im surprised they aren't doing it in the US

8. sleepyking macrumors 6502

My local store told me this same thing.
    Pondering canceling pre order due in December to try for tomorrow instead

9. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    My local apple store said this exact same thing as well. Go on the app or site and order the phone at 6AM any morning and choose in-store pickup. They get shipments every day. It wasn't a "secret" though.

10. ratbrain macrumors member

I'd like to do this too, as i've done this since the 5. reserve thru the online store and pick up at store. with the X pushed into NOV, i preordered.

Can anyone confirm the online store option for store pickup will show up tonight 12:01 AM NOV 4?

My pre order isnt due until NOV 17 and I will cancel that if i can reserve and pickup in store.

11. mrl72 macrumors regular

12. Maclver macrumors 68020

Maclver

How does it work if I preordered with the IUP, and my store has them? Do I cancel my preorder or can I setup a new purchase with the old ones still processing.

13. AppleZombie macrumors 6502a

You can do it with every other iphone...why not the X? Doesnt make sense

14. I’mpaced Suspended

I’mpaced

Per my apple store, tomorrow morning 10am reservations for in store pick up can be made online

15. breakdanzer macrumors newbie

I preordered through Apple app and selected the at&t next plan. Now that I think about it, the iPhone upgrade program sounds more suited to me. If I find an iPhone available to pick up, can I select the iPhone upgrade program and cancel my upgrade with at&t next in store?

16. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    My local Apple store said that at 6AM you should go on the app/website to buy the phone and choose in-store pickup.

17. tytanic11 macrumors member

18. Ohsoo99x macrumors newbie

Guys you can reserve for pick up in app and pick a time in app for USA !!! Starts at 6am ... hahah just did mone

19. mrl72 macrumors regular

Do I have to pay to exchange? It’s working Us but asking for CC. Thought you didn’t have to pay full for store pick up!

20. Ohsoo99x macrumors newbie

You gotta pay in full , then just return the one you have in store
    --- Post Merged, Nov 4, 2017 ---
    In USA you have to pay in full first, unlike the UK

21. mrl72 macrumors regular

Even if on AT&T Next plan?

22. Ohsoo99x macrumors newbie

I’m not sure since it’s is next, but it’s still easier to pay in full and have they do the swap at the store ( reason is having the phone in hands ) instead of having it sold out etc.

23. mrl72 macrumors regular

Thanks. Just did that. Pick it up at 10am. Sweet!

24. barca10 macrumors regular

barca10

25. breakdanzer macrumors newbie

I just cancelled my previous iphone 17-24 delivery date through at&t next and placed a new order through the iphone upgrade program. my order is temporarily on hold until someone from citizens ones calls and verifies my information (within 24 hours). Stupid equifax breach screwed me with its extended fraud report. Pick up is at 6:30pm so i'm hoping i receive the call by then.