When can we place orders???

Discussion in 'iMac' started by davidgnomo, Oct 28, 2012.

1. davidgnomo macrumors 6502a

davidgnomo

I wonder why anyone here feels there's something wrong in here : what does November and December mean ? Nobody knows when it will be possible to order, wouldn't just be at least POLITE for Apple to tell the customers the day from which they can place their orders ???

2. MacMiguel macrumors regular

You are right, something stinks here.....

3. davidgnomo thread starter macrumors 6502a

davidgnomo

4. clunkmess macrumors 6502a

clunkmess

well, given that iTunes 11 is supposed to be released in october and it's now 3 days till november, I bet they won't be available till the end of november and december.

5. MacMiguel macrumors regular

I think they won't be really available till 2013, Apple has felt pressed by consumers and Win8 to introduce the New iMac and they have not enought production capability.....

Patience boys, it'll take more longer

6. uptownnyc macrumors 6502

The weird part is that I don't see why they didn't continue to sell their current model on their site unless they thought that might cause confusion for the consumer and they'd wind up with a ton of returns because of it. Anyway, they've already said that they expect the initial supply to be constrained when iMacs do begin to ship. So you can either gamble with the first run of them, or wait to see what types of problems people run into and deal with potentially long ship-times.

For context as to what they mean when they say something will launch on a certain month, iTunes 11 is due in October. That gives them three more days.

7. davidgnomo thread starter macrumors 6502a

davidgnomo

8. sdo1982 macrumors member

I bet last week of Nov for 21.5 as that's what re sellers are saying for stock and then early Dec for 27 as it needs to be out there for christmas.
    Stock will be interesting, if it is very restricted, I could see a lot of people holding off to see if the pro appears in q1, or will apple push that back to q2 to shift more iMacs?

9. Occamsrazr macrumors 6502

10. MacMiguel macrumors regular

They are reaching what they are supposed to want, keeping us waiting for something that does not have a concrete date, so we won't buy another PC with Win8, for example...

Keep on waiting boyyy it's almost hereeeee almostttt oneeee, twooo, threee, fourrr, five..... twenty-twoooo, ninety..... It's really annoying, Apple is supposed to be a serious company but it's more like a circus nowadays

Last keynote was like a smoke courtain for iMac users.

11. fig macrumors 6502a

fig

12. Occamsrazr macrumors 6502

they are definitely try to keep people away from the windoze fiasco if you ask me

i think it is a good thing but WHYYY make us wait so long?~!

THIS WOULD NEVER HAPPEN IF STEVE JOBS WERE LIVE

13. MacMiguel macrumors regular

Tim Cook is a firecracker, I'm sure that he's part of this policy of rising prices up and stock shortages... He's not good at all for Apple, a bad CEO that does not make even a bit of shadow to Steve Jobs..

I dislike him and all the actual team of Apple except Jonny Ive, he's the only one talented in the company right now... the others don't worth a cent.

14. Roller macrumors 68020

You may want to take some time to read about the challenges in pulling off worldwide product launches, particularly managing highly complex supply chains, something that Tim Cook has done successfully at Apple for years. I'm just as eager as the next guy to get my hands on a new iMac, but I know that the delay may be related to fabrication or other issues that I (and pretty much nobody here) know nothing about.

15. MacMiguel, Oct 28, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2012

MacMiguel macrumors regular

It's easy, don't say anything that you cannot comply. It's like the actual situation of iPhone5, does somebody think that waiting 5 weeks for a phone is reasonable? Here in Spain lot of people are receiving scratched phones after being waiting for weeks and paying 670€! If it's a good thing done succesfully by Tim Cook I'm a Water Pokemon

16. 12dylan34 macrumors 6502a

Well, all I can say is that the "best selling desktop" in the world is now not available to buy new from Apple, so it's in everybody's best interest for them to get them for sale as soon as possible.

17. eldho macrumors member

I am sure that Apple is also very frustrated about the iMac hold up but I can't help wondering how many people will actually get the so called 2012 iMac in 2012.

18. fastlanephil macrumors 6502a

fastlanephil

You brought this all on yourselves.

"Where's the new iMacs! Where's the new iMac! ". You all said. :(:(:(:(

So Apple makes a product announcement and as it has in the past but the actual shipping dates are out a few weeks.

Now it's "I want my iMac, I want my iMac now!" :(:(:(:(

It's time to grow up and have a little patience.

Get A Life! :rolleyes:

19. chilly willy macrumors regular

chilly willy

Point taken, but you gotta admit that seeing 13" Macbook Retina listed as "available" whilst iMacs cannot even be configured and no clear availability date is frustrating.

20. Roller macrumors 68020

I assume that you mean that Apple shouldn't announce any product that it's not ready to ship immediately. However, the company has certainly done this before - the first iPhone was unveiled six months before it was available for purchase. In this case, if Apple had not said anything about the iMac last week, there would have been a huge clamor on this forum and elsewhere. And if they waited until November to say that the 21" iMac was available, but didn't mention the 27" until December... I'm sure you get my drift.

There are valid business and marketing reasons for pre-announcements, such as building demand, lowering sales of competing products during the waiting period, and so on.

21. DrRadon, Oct 28, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2012

DrRadon macrumors regular

I already ordered mine at a third party apple reseller. Even with a 100€ discount so i don´t mind that they likely ship less or later. :p

Also i am sure Apple will tell you when the iMac gets sold/you are able to be preorder.
    I don´t think anything "fishy" is going on, they just got iPad 4 and iPad Mini first in line. There will be days and days with long lines before AppleStores, the people working at the online store will be very busy so they ease in Mac shipping and production one after another. Mac Mini now. 21 inch iMac Nov. 27 iMac Dec.

I remember getting my MacBook straight from China (order from the Apple Store Germany), of the assembly line and straight to my door. Your future computer might not even exist yet.

Was the box design even online last week?
    http://store.storeimages.cdn-apple....view-box?wid=200&hei=170&fmt=png-alpha&qlt=95

22. turtlez macrumors 6502a

turtlez

i could tell them the sky is made of concrete every day for a month and they would start to believe it, it seems :rolleyes:

23. intz2nu macrumors 6502

intz2nu

I was just about to start a new thread asking if anyone here knows when at very least a pre-order being available for the new iMacs but seems as though I'm not the only one who is curious.

I, too cannot understand why and or what is so hard to mention a pre-order or actual order date on when people can put their orders in. I'm really wanting to see the price of the optional upgrades that will be available for it. This gives me and people alike something to look towards saving up for. All of the Macs I've purchased are configered units and not know the price the optional upgrades right now has me a bit out of the loop on the kind of dollar we'll be looking at for full-spec units without a ram upgrade if we can still infact upgrade the ram ourselves.

24. turtlez macrumors 6502a

turtlez

you must have gone and interviewed everyone at apple

----------

I am gonna wait 2 weeks until it has been field tested before i order ;P

25. druid153 macrumors newbie

more than likely they have issues with supply. who made the imac screen before? Samsung? if so maybe they changed suppliers and are having issues ramping up....