Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

boto

macrumors 6502
Jun 4, 2012
I don't understand why Apple wouldn't place the 21" iMacs for sale yet when all of the components in manufacturing it is already available. While the 27" iMac is most likely having issues in supplying GTX 680MX cards, since these are new releases from Nvidia. Whatever the case may be, I really am hoping we see the buying options in the early days of November/December. I can't wait patiently after Christmas to receive it, or even worse, in January for my spec-outed 27".

bobright

macrumors 601
Jun 29, 2010
you must have gone and interviewed everyone at apple

----------

I am gonna wait 2 weeks until it has been field tested before i order ;P

Iike I said good thing I'm getting a 27" as all the 21" buyers will be guinea pigs :)

----------

I don't understand why Apple wouldn't place the 21" iMacs for sale yet when all of the components in manufacturing it is already available. While the 27" iMac is most likely having issues in supplying GTX 680MX cards, since these are new releases from Nvidia. Whatever the case may be, I really am hoping we see the buying options in the early days of November/December. I can't wait patiently after Christmas to receive it, or even worse, in January for my spec-outed 27".

It's most likely screen issues....

davidgnomo

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 16, 2012
Imola (BO) - Italy
You brought this all on yourselves.

"Where's the new iMacs! Where's the new iMac! ". You all said. :(:(:(:(

So Apple makes a product announcement and as it has in the past but the actual shipping dates are out a few weeks.

Now it's "I want my iMac, I want my iMac now!" :(:(:(:(

It's time to grow up and have a little patience.

Get A Life! :rolleyes:

I'm not saying that I want it now : I'm just arguing the fact that they say AVAILABLE IN DECEMBER and I still cannot preorder ...

----------

... and by the way I'd like to know who changed the title of my thread without even informing me ...

theSeb

macrumors 604
Aug 10, 2010
none
You were all complaining about Apple's silence on the 2012 iMac. You said you would be happy to just know the specs and when it would be released. You were worried that the iMac is dead and wanted confirmation. You were obviously lying. Calm down. It's just a nice computer. A month or two will not kill you. When you get older a month is only 4 weekends.

JustMartin

macrumors 6502a
Feb 28, 2012
UK
I bet last week of Nov for 21.5 as that's what re sellers are saying for stock and then early Dec for 27 as it needs to be out there for christmas.
Stock will be interesting, if it is very restricted, I could see a lot of people holding off to see if the pro appears in q1, or will apple push that back to q2 to shift more iMacs?

Tim Cook said something great for the Pro "later next year" - that doesn't translate into Q1 or even Q2 for me.

davidgnomo

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 16, 2012
Imola (BO) - Italy
You were all complaining about Apple's silence on the 2012 iMac. You said you would be happy to just know the specs and when it would be released. You were worried that the iMac is dead and wanted confirmation. You were obviously lying. Calm down. It's just a nice computer. A month or two will not kill you. When you get older a month is only 4 weekends.

First of all we won't know ALL the specs until they finally let us know what they are (for people who want to max out their machine) ... and by writing that I want to know the release date, I mean I want to know all the package ... I can presume that some day in the future a hypothetical iPhone 13 will be released even if they don't tell me it'll be Sept. 20, 2020 ! (Please don't speculate on all those obviously invented numbers !) : what it's really important to know is : 1) when it will be possible to place orders and 2) how long will take for the order to be delivered ... they could have wrote "pre-orders from, let's say, October 31" and "delivery within 2 months" and everyone here would have had nothing to complain about ...

theSeb

macrumors 604
Aug 10, 2010
none
First of all we won't know ALL the specs until they finally let us know what they are (for people who want to max out their machine) ... and by writing that I want to know the release date, I mean I want to know all the package ... I can presume that some day in the future a hypothetical iPhone 13 will be released even if they don't tell me it'll be Sept. 20, 2020 ! (Please don't speculate on all those obviously invented numbers !) : what it's really important to know is : 1) when it will be possible to place orders and 2) how long will take for the order to be delivered ... they could have wrote "pre-orders from, let's say, October 31" and "delivery within 2 months" and everyone here would have had nothing to complain about ...

Which specs do you not know yet?

AFPBoy

macrumors regular
Jun 7, 2011
I assumed they meant the prices of the different options available. Those prices will definitely determine the configuration of the 27" iMac I order.

I agree, but the one thing I'm not 100% sure about is the SSD-only options. Right now it's just the 768 GB drive, but will smaller sizes also be available?

I'm trying to remember what happened with the 15" rMBP, but I think it went the other way - 256 an 512 GB was available right away, but the 768 GB came later. Does anyone remember what was said at launch?

Regards,
AFPBoy

Nov 28, 2010
located

davidgnomo

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 16, 2012
Imola (BO) - Italy
Which specs do you not know yet?

I assumed they meant the prices of the different options available. Those prices will definitely determine the configuration of the 27" iMac I order.

I forgot the one little word after "specs" which is the real deal in here : PRICES ... we need to know "specs prices" (thanks Razorhog for understanding my cryptic thought)

noahc

macrumors regular
Oct 12, 2005
I don't blame them in the slightest for not taking pre-orders. That would mean making some sort of commitment to delivery and I don't think they're ready to do that. Once they start taking people's money, or even just accepting orders, they need to have a pretty clear idea of when they can fulfill the order -- even if they're just giving us a rough week. I think when they know they'll start to accept orders -- but for now, I'm sure they're just as anxious to take our money as we are to give it to them but as a generally reputable company don't want to take orders that they have no idea when they will be able to fill them.

rnizlek

macrumors 6502
Mar 31, 2004
Washington, DC
I recall that there was a rumor floating around that the 21.5" iMacs would go on sale Nov 2nd (at least for pre-orders). Now I can't find it. Has anyone else heard that?

Garden4Gods

macrumors member
Oct 12, 2012
I recall that there was a rumor floating around that the 21.5" iMacs would go on sale Nov 2nd (at least for pre-orders). Now I can't find it. Has anyone else heard that?

There is a thread on here somewhere where someone asked in the Manchester Store (UK), I think, when they would have stock of the 21.5". The response was end of this week (Start of November), and it was the new model.

Mic2904

macrumors 6502a
Mar 22, 2011
There is a thread on here somewhere where someone asked in the Manchester Store (UK), I think, when they would have stock of the 21.5". The response was end of this week (Start of November), and it was the new model.

And i was the one who has a friend working for an apple reseller in Germany. November 2nd is the date they are giving to customer. Also a Genius told me that the Apple Shop in Glasgow is getting a delivery on Friday, possibly with Imacs.

Mit call them tomorrow again, although i can imagine the answer.... :D

Gaelic2

macrumors 6502
Aug 17, 2007
Mountains of N. California

Why?? What is so earth shattering about this iMac that has you in such a dither?? It looks like one of those "I want it now" kids or have a tantrum.

mchoffa

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2008
Asheville, NC
I was thinking the 2nd would be a great day since it's also the iPad mini ship date... I know it's VERY unlikely, but it would be great if somehow the 27" was available early as a surprise, even mid november...

grassfeeder

macrumors regular
Jun 9, 2009
I just want the 27" to at least go on pre-sale before end of calendar year. I'm sure there are a lot like myself that would love to get in one last tax write-off before the 31st.

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK

I asked at KRCS yesterday and got told middle of November with BTO available 2 weeks later. PC World said 02/11/12 but I think he didn't know his iMac from his iPad mini.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.