When people see you have an iPhone 4...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Drag'nGT, Oct 10, 2010.

?

What do people ask you after they see your iPhone 4

1. Doesn't that phone have signal issues?

127 vote(s)
    56.4%
  2. Don't you need a case for that phone to work?

8 vote(s)
    3.6%
  3. Does it break easily?

3 vote(s)
    1.3%
  4. You should have bought an Android phone.

18 vote(s)
    8.0%
  5. Other (tell us)

69 vote(s)
    30.7%
  1. Drag'nGT macrumors 68000

Drag'nGT

When I have my phone out and people notice that it's an iPhone 4 and not just a regular iPhone... I get asked if I'm happy with it. :confused:

I get that the media coverage about the antenna was bad but has it really made it around to EVERYONE? I'm pretty sure it has because all the anti Apple people are telling everyone they know how they shouldn't get the i4.

2. Pez555 macrumors 68000

Pez555

3. ctt1wbw macrumors 68000

ctt1wbw

I tell them it's completely useless because it doesn't have Flash. Utterly and completely useless.

4. Roo Zilla macrumors regular

I don't get asked anything. Most of my friends aren't into gadgets or phones. If the have a smartphone it's usually a company assigned Blackberry. If I do get a comment, it's usually along the lines of, "cool phone, can I see it?"

5. techluvr macrumors regular

6. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

People ask if I have reception problems.

Recently after the plane landed, my iPhone 4 still had 5 bars while bunch of people's phone call got disconnected: "hello...hello...hello..." around the plane. =)

Requires the case though. Also iPhone can get both data and voice together, unlike CDMA (Verizon, etc)

7. Fabienne macrumors 65816

Fabienne

:pI have had one person get ecstatic on me, but he is an iPhone lover from way back and he doesn't have the 4 yet.

:cool:Then there are the "out of the corner of their eye" people. They don't say anything but they look at you. I know they want one.

:mad:Then there are the Android bullies, if they think you have an iPhone they break their necks to tell you how superior the Android of their choice is, how much of a dreaded "hipster" you are (implication is that you are shallow and self serving unlike, I guess, they are), and how much of a ride you are being taken for by AT&T (which acts a lot like my old Android type carrier but with more resources).

8. sjinsjca macrumors 68000

sjinsjca

Increasingly, they show me theirs. The things are everywhere, and folks love 'em.

9. MattZani macrumors 68030

MattZani

no one cares, i get the odd glance, thats it.

It's just a phone, everyone's got one now.

10. wirelessmacuser macrumors 68000

wirelessmacuser

Must be a very small town. Around here people could cars less. Its a soccer mom phone

Ha... Ha...Ha..

11. Satori macrumors 6502a

Satori

12. sawah macrumors 6502a

sawah

I live in a small town and there's only a few people I know that have iPhones. Most people see it and fall in love with it. People don't ask about antenna issues, yellowing screens, or if it sucks as much as they've heard it does. I get opinions about why they don't want one, why they do want one, and when they're getting one.

Simple fact is: it's a phone. If you don't like it, don't buy it. Don't criticize others for buying something they like. It's all about opinions.

13. Savor Suspended

Savor

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A293 Safari/6531.22.7)

Nothing. I rarely get any responses. I live in Los Angeles and it is more common here than Hondas. I may get the occasional glance and one college girl did ask me once about the bumper I had with it. Then she asked if it was a 4 and wanted to see the front and back. Now that I have a case that covers the back, it becomes harder to distinguish it from previous iPhones.

Maybe 2-3 three years ago, people in SoCal would have cared. Now that they either owned one or iPod touch or iPad, nobody cares anymore. The Android phones have also closed the margin and provide bigger screens and such. You have to go back to 2007 and 2008 when iPhone was a fresh face and the iPhone lust was still high. Now it is just another phone in a sea of touchscreen phones.

14. BBQ BOY macrumors regular

There should have been a choice for "all of the above"

15. Lostanddamned macrumors 6502a

Lostanddamned

Its either "oh sweet, how is that?" or "what about the death grip".

The Android trolls just get ignored, I really couldn't care any more - my two closest friends here both have HTC heroes and we were chatting about the phones and one asked "How is the flash on your iPhone". Took me a while to realise he meant on the camera and wasn't just joking about iOS

16. 3N16MA macrumors 65816

3N16MA

No one says anything. The only time I had people mention anything about my phone is when I first had the iPhone 2G (wasn't available in Canada). They were just curious about the phone. I commute to a big city everyday and live in a large metro area. It's really not a big deal. I have seen people all over campus, on the train, and just out and about with the IP4.

17. Mliii macrumors 65816

Mliii

If it's noticed, I get a "Is that an Iphone 4? How do you like it?"

18. falconeight Guest

falconeight

19. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

I live in an area where a lot of people have iPhones. I’m usually the one asking them if they have problems, since mine doesn’t have any. I haven’t talked to anyone that does have a problem. Also, most don’t even know about antennagate, despite the media trying to make it a story.

The poll is biased.

20. bullseyetech macrumors member

bullseyetech

Everyone I meet is like 'wow is that the iPhone 4?? It's beautiful and the 'fittest' phone I've ever seen...I wish I have it....you luck b@%&*££' lol:D

21. chembox macrumors 6502a

Because being a geek means you're into pop culture? :rolleyes:

The 'antenna' problem was more mainstream than you think, even CNN had segments about it.

22. MultiFinder17 macrumors 68000

MultiFinder17

I haven't really had many questions or comments since walking about with the 2G back in 2007. Back then, everyone was all "OMFG! iPhone!" Now, on the off chance someone asks me about it, it's more "I really want a 4, but I'm not sure. Could you help me pick the best phone?"

23. daneoni macrumors G4

daneoni

Definitely the antenna question pops up a lot. People really are aware of it. I haven't run into an Android bully mostly because its not that popular in Europe yet.

Its either iPhone or BlackBerry or Nokia here.

24. itsmemuffins macrumors 68030

itsmemuffins

Most people say wow I can't wait to get one, or.

Damn I wish I didn't get an Android now.

25. nonocei macrumors member

People usually ask if it's the new iPhone and if they can see it. I occasionally have friends jokingly tell me how much better their android phone is though.