When the Verizon iPhone 4 comes out, will you switch?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by brandon.8602, Aug 11, 2010.

1. brandon.8602 macrumors member

To those who have put off buying an iPhone for whatever reason and to the people who already have an iPhone...
    Will you buy an iPhone 4 when they come out? Do you already own an iPhone 4 or another version?
    Personally I'll hold on to mine, I haven't experienced any service issues to this point and I'm happy with my plan.

2. Thedeathbear macrumors 6502a

HAHA silly guy. We all know Verizon will get the iPhone 5 or 6. Verizon people have to wait.

3. xraydoc macrumors demi-god

xraydoc

4. labman macrumors 604

labman

Sweat another Verizon thread I love these!!!!! :D

5. arn00 macrumors newbie

Not really, I don't have any problems with ATT in my area and everyone keeps saying verizon is gonna cut off unlimited plans so I might as well keep mine.

6. narimonk macrumors regular

narimonk

No, Verizon is notorious for billing problems, poor customer service, and low 3G speeds. I enjoy browsing the web at a much faster speed than that of my friends with droids. And talking on the phone and surfing the net is something I do consistently and Verizon can't do that so ha! :D

7. illutionz macrumors 65816

LOL CDMA.... Hell no.

1. Why would I sacrifice using my iPhone overseas to use a carrier priced higher than AT&T...

2. CDMA EVDO currently cannot use data and voice at the same time. Terrible.... Terrible.... Terrible....

3. Based on 3 months using Sprint, I missed 80% of my text going IN AND OUT of the country because my friends/family overseas are using GSM (thankfully I wasn't being charged for those).
    Never have any problem with AT&T or T-Mobile... Asked Sprint about this and they said there is no guarantee for international texting... especially to and from GSM carriers.
    I'm not saying Verizon will work the same way as Sprint but I assume this problem arises due to different wireless architecture and I'd rather stick with the same technology to prevent missing text.

8. SteveG4Cube macrumors 6502

After years of holding out because of my preference for Verizon, I finally took the plunge about a week ago. In that week, I've dropped more calls than I did in the several years I was with Verizon. If they come to Verizon, I'll be selling my phone to cover the early termination fees and switching back.

9. slideworks macrumors member

slideworks

Nope, not gonna sacrifice my unlimited plan. But really looking forward to people jumping ship and relieving some of the AT&T bandwidth.

10. saxon48 macrumors 6502a

saxon48

Oh yes, I'll switch. From my current Verizon phone to the [Verizon] iPhone. :D

11. CSMchris376 macrumors regular

Heck No!

AT&T works great in the area where I live and in all the areas where I travel. Verizon is rather new to our area and does not have the coverage AT&T has. Also, I'm very satisfied with the coverage I've had for the past 15 years with Cell One/Cingular/AT&T. The other point would be the GSM technology is world wide. No brainer for me.:rolleyes:

12. Lurchdubious macrumors 65816

Lurchdubious

Noooope. I just switched from VZW to AT&T, and I'm actually getting better signal strength now in certain places.

13. ReallyBigFeet macrumors 68030

ReallyBigFeet

I've got several other phones with Verizon service right now, so it would be a natural switch for me since my only AT&T account is for the iPhone.

But Verizon has its own different issues. For starters, they are absolutely draconian about their data usage policies. And there won't be any grandfathered 'unlimited' plans in place when you make the switch. I do think they have superior US coverage to AT&T, but they aren't as perfect as everyone makes them sound either. I've been places where I had 5 bars of AT&T coverage and was on roam with Verizon. Or worse, 3G data coverage with great speeds and 1XRTT sub-dial-up data speeds with Verizon. Always a tradeoff it seems.

And don't even get me started about their lack of international coverage.

14. Gin Gin macrumors regular

Gin Gin

I've had AT&T for years, long before I had an iPhone, so no.

15. illutionz macrumors 65816

And you can't (unofficially) unlock your phone and slot in local SIM card as well... probably won't have any holes for that :rolleyes:

16. Randman macrumors 65816

Randman

And lose unlimited data??

Probably not. Not right away, at least.

17. IrishVixen macrumors 68020

IrishVixen

No. Absolutely no reason to.

When they offer an unlimited data plan, rollover calling minutes, and free tethering for less than I currently pay, I'll switch. Otherwise, what's the point? They no better than AT&T right now service wise in my area, and they're no cheaper.

18. slzr44 macrumors member

doesnt verizon offer unlimited 3g data for 29.99$ a month?

19. Thedeathbear macrumors 6502a

I get great coverage everywhere I go, no dropped calls, free tethering with handilight, unlimited data, and I get a 24% discount from a company I dont work for. Easy Answer.

20. Chip NoVaMac macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

I have been with ATT since the first iPhone, and can say that I have been totally happy with the network. Tried Verizon before switching from Sprint, and found their customer service sucks. Never needed it so far with ATT (knocks woods :) ).

The only reason I would like Verizon here in the DC area is that their service works in the Metro subway tunnels. If I used Metro every day, I might have waited. Now I just have to wait till 2012 for ATT service on the entire system.

Add to that I am on the 450 minute plan, and love the rollover minutes. Saves me money in the long run because of the timing of most of my phone calls. Rollover minutes has saved me money on the rare occasions that I used the phone service heavily during non night and weekend periods. As of now I have over 3000 rollover minutes.

I maybe wrong; but I doubt that Verizon would ever match ATT's plan even just for the iPhone on the Verizon network.

21. Drag'nGT macrumors 68000

Drag'nGT

Nope. I don't like VZW and I'd loose my unlimited data.

22. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

23. megsalias macrumors regular

+1