When You Can Pre-Order iPhone XS, XS Max and Apple Watch Series 4 in Every Time Zone

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Sep 13, 2018.

1. MacRumors macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

Pre-orders for the iPhone XS, XS Max, and Apple Watch Series 4 will kick off on Friday, September 14 at 12:01 a.m. Pacific Time, allowing customers to purchase one of Apple's newly announced devices.

Apple is planning to make the new devices available in multiple countries around the world simultaneously, so we've created a list of when pre-orders will kick off all around the world.

[​IMG]

[*]Australia West - 3:01 p.m. AWST
    [*]Australia East - 5:01 p.m. AEST
    [*]Austria - 9:01 a.m. CEST
    [*]Belgium - 9:01 a.m. CEST
    [*]Canada West - 12:01 a.m. PDT
    [*]Canada East - 3:01 a.m. EDT
    [*]China - 3:01 p.m. CST
    [*]Denmark - 9:01 a.m. CEST
    [*]Finland - 10:01 a.m. EEST
    [*]France - 9:01 a.m. CEST
    [*]Germany - 9:01 a.m. CES
    [*]Guernsey - 8:01 a.m. BST
    [*]Hong Kong - 3:01 p.m. HKT
    [*]Ireland - 8:01 a.m. IST
    [*]Isle of Man - 8:01 a.m. BST
    [*]Italy - 9:01 a.m. CEST
    [*]Japan - 4:01 p.m. JST
    [*]Jersey - 8:01 a.m. BST
    [*]Luxembourg - 9:01 a.m. CEST
    [*]Mexico - 2:01 a.m. CDT
    [*]Netherlands - 9:01 a.m. CEST

[*]New Zealand - 8:01 p.m. NZDT
    [*]Norway - 9:01 a.m. CEST
    [*]Portugal - 8:01 a.m. WEST
    [*]Puerto Rico - 3:01 a.m. AST
    [*]Saudi Arabia - 10:01 a.m. AST
    [*]Singapore - 3:01 p.m. SGT
    [*]Spain - 9:01 a.m. CEST
    [*]Sweden - 9:01 a.m. CEST
    [*]Switzerland - 9:01 a.m. CEST
    [*]Taiwan - 3:01 p.m. CST
    [*]UAE - 11:01 a.m GST
    [*]United Kingdom - 8:01 a.m. BST
    [*]United States West - 12:01 a.m. PDT
    [*]United States Mountain - 1:01 a.m. MDT
    [*]United States Central - 2:01 a.m. CDT
    [*]United States East - 3:01 a.m. EDT
    [*]US Virgin Islands - 3:01 a.m. AST
    We haven't listed every time zone for every country, such as in Canada, Russia, and the United States, so make sure to double check your specific time zone so you're certain you know the exact time that pre-orders will kick off. A time zone converting website is a useful tool for confirming accurate pre-order times.

Rumors have not suggested that supplies of the iPhone XS and XS Max will be constrained, but it is always best to pre-order as soon as possible if you're aiming to get a new device on launch day.

We also haven't heard rumors about Apple Watch Series 4 supply, but given that this year introduces major changes like larger displays and ECG functionality, available supply could go quickly.

iPhone XS and XS Max pre-orders are available September 14 in first wave launch countries including Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada, China, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Guernsey, Hong Kong, Ireland, Isle of Man, Italy, Japan, Jersey, Luxembourg, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, the UAE, UK, US and US Virgin Islands.

Pre-orders for the cellular Apple Watch Series 4 models are available in Australia, Canada, China, Denmark, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Italy, Japan, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, the UAE, UK and US.

Non-cellular Apple Watch Series 4 models are available for pre-order in Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada, China, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Guernsey, Hong Kong, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Jersey, Luxembourg, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, the UAE, UK, US and US Virgin Islands.

The first pre-orders for new iPhone and Apple Watch models will arrive on Friday, September 21, the official launch date for the iPhone XS, XS Max, and Apple Watch Series 4.

Article Link: When You Can Pre-Order iPhone XS, XS Max and Apple Watch Series 4 in Every Time Zone

2. OldSchoolMacGuy macrumors 601

OldSchoolMacGuy

:01? Usually it's the second after it turns over. For instance, 2:00:01am, not 2:01am. Seems MacRumors wants everyone to wait a minute so they can get their order through easier. Joke's on them, my orders are already placed.

3. Scottsoapbox macrumors 6502a

Scottsoapbox

Or wait a month and get essentially the same iPhone for 20% less!

4. Rogifan macrumors P6

Rogifan

Can you pre-order and have it delivered to a store? I will be in Chicago on the 21st would like to get the phone there.

5. 0815 macrumors 68000

Alarm is already set for 2:45am (EST), Xs Max already pre-approved for upgrade program ... hope its going as smooth as last year where I got an 8am appointment for pickup on launch day :) (and when I walked up there at 7:55 I got the phone even before they guy how was camping out there since late afternoon the day before - they had two lines: one for the campers one for the appointments and appointments got in first)

why do people still camp out? There is no longer a need for that (... yeah, I know, the experience, bla, bla)

6. jclo Editor

jclo

Staff Member

Let me know if I have any of the time zones wrong here and I'll update. It can be a little tricky with daylight savings in different places, but hopefully I've got an accurate list.

7. 0815 macrumors 68000

You can make an appointment for pickup in the store of your choice at a time frame of your choice (at least that is how it was last year) ... 0 wait time

8. jk1211 macrumors member

It's a shame they dont move that back an hour or 2 hours; maybe make the east coast 1am instead of 3am.

I get they want midnight in their Pacific time zone, but c'mon. The internet orders don't care about that. If you were opening store doors, ok that's one thing.

By that list it would only move Europe back to 6-7am from 8-9am which isn't some crazy time like 3am.

Kinda suck eastern time US/Canada gets the hose every year.

9. jclo Editor

jclo

Staff Member

Apple's site says 12:01 a.m.

10. sundog925 macrumors 6502a

Its United States PACIFIC bro, we don't say "west"

11. justice4all77 macrumors newbie

justice4all77

Is there any limit on how many iPhones you can order at midnight? I need 4 for my family, would prefer to do it all at once

12. Relentless Power macrumors Core

Relentless Power

I’m not too concerned about pre-ordering the device (Gold XS Max) I want this year, but I likely will still preorder early in the morning avoiding any type of complications. By the way, I always use the Apple Store app first, I find that it is quicker over the website and more fluid, and the App also appears to have less navigating than the website does.

13. benroberts3 macrumors member

I'm actually moving on launch day from Chicago to KC. Hoping I can order and pick up from a VZW store around the corner from my apartment.

14. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

Apple is saying 12:01 also.

Screen Shot 2018-09-13 at 11.08.41 AM.png

15. 0815 macrumors 68000

same here. There used to be a 2 per person limit, not sure if that still exists ... I just do the upgrade on the 4 individual phones with their respective apple-IDs ... did that last year too, all four phones lined up on the desk and tapping all the buttons in parallel :)

16. H3LL5P4WN macrumors 65816

H3LL5P4WN

How does in-store pick up work; how do I get it set up? Being able to get my phone in the morning, have it restored in a few hours, and having the rest of the day would be pretty nice compared to waiting all day for FedEx.

17. 0815 macrumors 68000

I ordered the phone last year though the app and at check out was given the choice of in-store pickup or delivery. I am in the upgrade program, but that shouldn't make a difference, should work the same for none upgrade purchase.

18. mrow macrumors regular

When can we preorder Apple’s phone cases? I want to know if I need to order a case somewhere else to ensure I have a case on launch day.

19. TrulsZK macrumors newbie

I will be at work at 09:01 here in Norway when pre-order starts, having 2 iPhones and a computer ready.

Fortunately with Telenor you only reserve the iPhone by entering your name, mobile number, email, colour, and capacity.
    Last year they added a reCAPTCHA, where I always hope to get past without solving any tasks as it steals valuable time.

When it is available you get a message/email and you have 24 hours to place your order by choosing subscription, payment/SWAP agreement, etc.

https://www.telenor.no/privat/mobil/iphone/

This is much better than Telia, (the other large carrier in Norway) where you have to wait in a virtual checkout line to prevent the website from going down.

Screenshots:

Telenor
    Screen Shot 2018-09-13 at 20.12.26.png

Telia
    IMG_5607.png

20. itsmilo macrumors 68020

itsmilo

Hopefully I can snatch one for pick up in Hawaii. I am not gonna pay them euro prices

21. HobeSoundDarryl, Sep 13, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2018

HobeSoundDarryl macrumors 604

HobeSoundDarryl

Hobe Sound, FL (20 miles north of Palm Beach)
    Yes but you can't be "first"... and nobody at all can care about your unboxing photos... or that Fedex switched your shipping status...etc.:eek:

Worse: one of your friends- dare I write this down??? - might be able to show off that THEY have the latest & greatest to you and your mutual friends upwards of 4 weeks BEFORE you. :eek::eek::eek: Think business card scene from American Psycho:

You'll just have your old, outdated, "long-in-tooth" iPhone to compare. Yes, of course it still does pretty much everything the new one does, runs pretty much every single app in the store, etc... but you know we have to start beating down the one we have to help us rationalize buying the new one as part of this process: I mean, do you really want to send/receive a text message up to 0.06 seconds slower? What is this 2017.75 or something?

All ;)

22. intz2nu macrumors 6502

intz2nu

Yes it's called ScalperBOT_V1.0 The beta edition.

23. happyslayer macrumors 6502a

happyslayer

Got my pre-approval for the upgrade program. Going with a Silver 64GB XS-MAX. See y'all at 12:00:01 tonight.

24. intz2nu macrumors 6502

intz2nu

Won't happen. Hawaii is a state always behind on things. It can take over a month after release or longer for Hawaii to get any at an Apple store or even wireless carriers.

25. H3LL5P4WN macrumors 65816

H3LL5P4WN

Thanks, much appreciated.